See which cards will be permitted in the Standard format in the 2018 Pokémon TCG season.
With the goal of maintaining a healthy competitive environment, Pokémon Organized Play begins each new Championship Series season by removing older expansions from Standard format competition. The annual rotation challenges existing players to create new strategies while enabling new players to get involved in Play! Pokémon events using the most recent releases.
The 2018 rotation will occur on September 1, 2017.
The Standard format for the 2018 season will consist of the following expansions:
- XY—BREAKthrough and any expansions released afterward
- Black Star Promo cards numbered XY67 and up, and SM01 and up
- Cards from the following products are also legal:
- XY Trainer Kit—Pikachu Libre & Suicune
- Sun & Moon Trainer Kit—Lycanroc & Alolan Raichu
- McDonald's Collection 2016
New expansions become legal for tournament play on the third Friday of the month they are released.
The Expanded format for 2018 remains unchanged from 2017.
Pokémon TCG Online
Live Operations Senior Producer
The Pokémon Company International
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!