- - - - -

New VGC format: PBT

• Please log in to reply

31 August 2017 - 02:42 PM

Kick_Ali

Rookie Trainer

• Kick_Ali

As you may know, VGC teams have become less "creative".  I propose a new battling format. One that will make battling seem fair and fun!  

I call this format the Pokémon Battle Trust (PBT). It is named so, because you have more of an opportunity to battle with your favorite Pokémon that you have grown with along your journey! (Provided they have the right nature and such. LOL)

This battle format follows this ruleset:

Double Battle format: Similar to VGC
Item Clause: Two of the same held item cannot be held by two different Pokemon on your team;Both Mega Stones and Z Crystals are allowed and can be held by more than one Pokemon.
Allowed Pokemon: Any Pokemon in the National Pokedex, except for restricted Pokemon.
Pokemon Limitation: One species per team. I.e. Two Raticates are not allowed on the same team.
Restricted Pokemon:
• Articuno
• Zapdos
• Moltres
• Mewtwo
• Mew
• Raikou
• Entei
• Suicune
• Lugia
• Ho-oh
• Celebi
• Regirock
• Regice
• Recisteel
• Latias
• Latios
• Kyogre
• Groudon
• Rayquaza
• Jirachi
• Deoxys
• Uxie
• Mesprit
• Azelf
• Dialga
• Palkia
• Giratina
• Cresselia
• Heatran
• Darkrai
• Regigigas
• Arceus
• Manaphy
• Phione
• Victini
• Cobalion
• Terrakion
• Virizion
• Tornadus
• Thundurus
• Reshiram
• Zekrom
• Landorus
• Kyurem
• Keldeo
• Meloetta
• Genesect
• Xerneas
• Yveltal
• Zygarde
• Diancie
• Hoopa
• Volcanion
• Tapu Koko
• Tapu Lele
• Tapu Fini
• Tapu Bulu
• Cosmog
• Cosmoem
• Solgaleo
• Lunala
• Nihilego
• Buzzwole
• Pheramosa
• Xurkitree
• Celesteela
• Kartana
• Guzzlord
• Necrozma
• Magearna
• Marshadow

With this, battling should seem more diverse, as trainers would be more likely to compete with their favorite Pokémon that are much easier to obtain!  Let me know what you all think of this idea of mine!  Hopefully, the PBT will make battling a more pleasant experience within the Pokémon community.
:3

31 August 2017 - 03:35 PM

theotherguytm

Expert Trainer

• theotherguytm

That wouldn't really change things... at all really, other than banning the semi-Legendarys and Ultra Beasts.

The format would be Hydriegon, Tyranitar, Volcarona, Aegislash, and Metagross supporting one of five Mega evolutions:

• Mega Kangaskhan
  • Mega Salamance
  • Mega Gardevior
  • Mega Charizard Y
  • Mega Gengar

Every single team would have one/two of the above. The Rouges:

• Mega Mawile (Good VS some, but loses to Charizard Y)
  • Mega Venusaur (No offense, but good support)
  • Mega Gyarados (Loses to Gard)
  • Mega Scizor (Loses to Charizard)
  • Mega Gallade (Loses to Gard and Salamance)

And that is the complete meta. No other Pokémon have enough firepower to make a huge difference. Every other Pokémon would be relegated to support. That's where the innovation lies.

But in terms of mainline firepower, that's where you need the Therian Landorus, the Latios, the Tapu to come in and hurt the Megas. Because without them, there would be very few Pokémon capable of dishing out the damage without Mega Evolution. How do I know this? This already exists.

So thanks for your suggestion, but like I said, this already exists, so if you're looking for this kind of battle, just talk to people, and you'll find the right group.

PS: you missed Shaymin.

This is my OTHER signature.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/42500-the-mindless-nonsense-begins-my-ideas/

01 September 2017 - 03:40 PM

PlatinumDude

Veteran Trainer

• PlatinumDude

And don't forget that not all legendary Pokemon are good. Legendary status means nothing in competitive battles, IMO, as things like Articuno and Regigigas are flat-out terrible, the former for having a bad defensive typing and the latter for having one of the worst abilities ever created.

01 September 2017 - 10:59 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

And don't forget that not all legendary Pokemon are good. Legendary status means nothing in competitive battles, IMO, as things like Articuno and Regigigas are flat-out terrible, the former for having a bad defensive typing and the latter for having one of the worst abilities ever created.

Aye.  What Game Freak did to Regigigas was, and is, an abomination.  They take one of the strongest pokemon out there, a pokemon whose only claim to fame is how strong it is, and they make it useless.  Gigas deserves better than this.

That being said, I have seen Regigigas used successfully in competition.  But it only used support moves; it never attacked.  And that was only once.  Probably just to prove it could be done. :P

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.