- - - - -

Things that Should be, Should have been, added to the games

• Please log in to reply

19 July 2017 - 01:26 PM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

Hey folks, with all the changes coming the Pokémon games lately, that have pretty much started since Black and White, with Sun and Moon adding a bigger twist, like making the HM moves more instinctive then an actual move, and considering that the new game for the Switch is going back to basics, somewhat, well, pretty sure there are some changes, some things, that we would like to see added to the games.  I found a list of things that somebody wrote that they would like to see added to the Switch game to make the Pokémon game more unique, along with things past due, and while I agree to some of them, sad thing is, I don't remember all of them.

Anyway folks, by now, one thing you should know by now is that I'm part of the group that have been playing since the original RBY came out for the original Game Boy, where one had to stockpile on batteries just to get through the whole game, and the major downside to them is that once you beat it, you still had a long way to go to fill up the PokeDex, and the only rematches you're allowed to have is with the Elite 4, and the biggest fun is when you got to use the Pokémon in the games for battles and mini-games on Pokémon Stadium on the N64.  One sad truth about Pokémon is that after 21 years, it's pretty much the same old thing over and over again, (except for Sun and Moon, although I need to play it before jumping to any big conclusions), which is collect all the pokemon, obtain the badges, save the world from some evil organizations, defeat the Elite-4, along with your rival(s), and afterwards, even with the mini-adventure, once your done, chances are, unless you are willing to start over again, they end up collecting dust, until the time comes to transfer the Pokémon to the next generation of games.  Pokémon Colosseum not being much of a big difference.  And by now, well, got some things would like to see changed involving the games that I feel are past due, and pretty sure I'm not the only one, so here are the things I would like to see, even though some can be used for an MMORPG, yet can still be used in the regular games:

1. A Working Plot/Storyline- Because lets face it, this is what makes a game more interesting, is when you get to learn more about the character you're playing, the organization you're fighting, you're rivals, along with maybe, a decent timeline, because the games themselves are too straightforward, and the only thing you get are tidbits about your rivals/friends, the professors, gym leaders, Elite-4, and the only thing you get to learn about the bad guys is what their leader's goals, which ever since RSE, tends to involve the regions, or some cases, that game version's Legendary Pokémon.  Right now, would be nice to now the why along with the what is going on when your on the journey.
  2. Make the Protagonist more Lifelike-Like I said before, give the hero a backstory, but also, give them a personality, a voice, something other then changing their appearances, or make it where their facial expressions changes during some cutscenes, because it makes it seem like you're playing the game with a Nintendo Mii.  Even throw in some choices that have an impact on the game.
  3. No more ambushes- I mean what I say on this, because before, when the games started off with 151 Pokémon, and about what, 50% of them you had to walk around, hoping the one that ambushes you is the one you're looking for, except for Snorlax, while 45% involves evolutions, gifts, trades, and the final 5% are Legendary/Mythical pokemon, that you can only get once.  Now, with a total of 802 pokemon, minus the Mega Evolutions and Alola versions of some Pokémon, the games are becoming too crowded, and the ambushes, along with say the PokeRadar or the sneaking up like on ORAS, it feels more like playing the lottery.  Instead, would be nice if they tried what was done on Pokémon Snap, where you get to see the Pokémon in the area, making it just as random, and you get to choose what Pokémon you want to capture, while at the same time, makes the Pokémon World more lifelike, especially if you make the Pokémon more interactive with each other.
  4. More variety on the Starter Pokémon, especially on types-Because after 7 generations of choosing either a grass, fire or water type, that depending on the generation, except for bulbasaur, gains a second type when they evolve.  Instead, would be nice if they changed the types, or allow you to catch your own starter, for a change, and you get to catch Starter Pokémon in the wild, especially the ones from previous generations, instead of waiting until after defeating the game to gain them, like say, catch a charmander at a volcano, or a totodile at a lake.  While Pokémon Colosseum and XD:  Gale of Darkness are exceptions, while XD, you just pick what to evolve your Eevee, while Yellow, it's more of a game version of the anime, yet still the choice is still out of your hands.

Well, here is my list.  If anybody has something to share about this, feel free to share, and the fanatics that would blow a gasket for what I just said . . . oh well.  Just getting some stuff off my chest.  Anyway, have a nice summer everyone.

19 July 2017 - 06:28 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

(psst- rowlet starts with two types, too.)

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

19 July 2017 - 06:51 PM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

Oh well, from the looks of things, Ash got a little bit of a shortcut with rowlet.

Edited by GrewupGeek, 19 July 2017 - 07:34 PM.

21 July 2017 - 06:14 AM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

I love the idea of seeing the Pokemon in the environment.

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

21 July 2017 - 11:05 AM

theotherguytm

Expert Trainer

• theotherguytm
The best thing they added to the game in SM was the Hyper Training, making IV training accessable to **** mortals.
And SM does have a pretty good plot, but like you said, I would appreciate more about the hero's backstory too. While we know he came from Kanto, that 's it.

This is my OTHER signature.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/42500-the-mindless-nonsense-begins-my-ideas/

21 July 2017 - 03:07 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

The best thing they added to the game in SM was the Hyper Training, making IV training accessable to **** mortals.
And SM does have a pretty good plot, but like you said, I would appreciate more about the hero's backstory too. While we know he came from Kanto, that 's it.

I suggest you take a look at The Dex's video on Lillie, if you haven't already.  It kind of explains why "you" have no story.

Hyper training is good, but it's not as good as breeding.  The strongest pokemon will always be raised from the egg.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.