The New Anime Sun and Moon

• Please log in to reply

08 July 2017 - 06:11 PM

1Greninja

Rookie Trainer

• 1Greninja

Hello!

This is meant to be a discussion about the latest Anime episodes. What do you think? Is it good? Is it bad? Do you think it's bad but has a lot of potential like me? Why do think so? 

Thanks for taking your time to read this! :rolleyes:  :D  :huh:  :cool:

08 July 2017 - 06:57 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

I was amazed when I saw the theme song.  After the whole XY series, I was expecting SuMo to be... well...  Trash.

But it turns out I love it. :) Sometimes TPCi surprises me by just how well they can pull stuff off.  By the looks of it, they decided to completely scrap everything they had down- basic plot line (Team Rocket steals Pikachu!  Every episode!), animation style, and a hundred others things, to completely start new.  And, in my opinion, it worked.

So yes, I'm a fan of Ash being Under the Alolan Sun.  It's not as good a Indigo League, of course, but honestly, no one expected it to be.  I'm hoping that they can keep this up! :lol: 

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

09 July 2017 - 02:04 AM

ahoodedman

Elite Trainer

• ahoodedman

personally I do not like the anime (however there were a some good episodes in xyz and diamond and pearl), its just super repetitive and the characters are really unintelligent how the heck is ash going to be the very best if he lets almost all of pokemon go?

The new one I just really do not like, nothing happens in it; in xy it took 2 episodes to start developing the characters and the story line. Now at episode 34 (I watch subs, I cant stand the English voice acting) I still cant even remember half of the their names, they are just so poorly developed. Nothing has happened ether they have not even beat the first trail.  Out of all of the new characters there is only 1 that find respectable character the rest of them have so little development, little import ants to the story that they just feel like comic relief.

Speaking comic relief thats the next thing I do not like, its way over done, jokes are ok sometimes but they are so over used its just cringe worthy, I do not know who thought it would be a good idea to make ash crash into a door 3 times, just why its not funny its just plain tauros.

But by far the thing I really hate about it is that it proves that they only care about the Japanese viewers.

In japan there is an show that is doing really well that is proving to be a competitor to the pokemon anime, so what they did is copy its style. Sure the Japanese views may like it but what about everyone else? Now the most likely reasoning for this is that most viewers outside of japan watch it online giving no money witch is reasonable but I feel like they should of tried to balance the show for all viewers rather then just Japan's.

I can't think of a signature  :(

09 July 2017 - 02:19 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Sure the Japanese views may like it but what about everyone else? Now the most likely reasoning for this is that most viewers outside of japan watch it online giving no money witch is reasonable but I feel like they should of tried to balance the show for all viewers rather then just Japan's.

I would watch it but A) I don't get the channel and have no reason to go cable/satellite, and :cool: timing.

So yes, I see it online.  Sorry, TPCi.  Life happens.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

My only question about the show is why are the captains all kids.  Minus Kiawe.  I guess they decided Kiawe was too cool for school. :P

Edited by SuperStone, 09 July 2017 - 02:28 AM.

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

22 July 2017 - 01:59 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

This is my run-down of the history of the Pokémon anime.  It's very opinionated, so if you like some of the later seasons, I apologize to you. :) It isn't a personal attack.  Just my thoughts.

Kanto: great sense of adventure, good jokes, and the occasional preachy moment.  Extremely lacking in battle quality, and meh animation, but nobody cared.  The overall quality:high.

Johto: Not quite as good, but still churning out awesome songs and scenes.  Slightly worse jokes, but less cheesiness.  Ash's battle style is not fixed.  Animation is somewhat crisper.  Overall quality: P.D.G.

Hoenn: The sense of a journey is slowing down, as it starts to become clear Ash doesn't actually have an end-goal.  Joke placement goes down.  But the new characters keep it interesting, though the Openings are getting meh.  Though I do like Unbeatable...  Animation is still trending upwards, but plot ideas are growing cheesier again.  Overall quality: starting to decline.

Sinnoh: Competitions can't replace battles.   Ever.  Lucario stuff keeps it good, but there is getting to be just too much... Cheese.  Also, jokes slow down vastly.  Overall quality: okay.

Unova: the whole N backstory is great, but Ash isn't the protagonist to let it shine.  It becomes clear, also, that he will never win.  Thus, the whole "adventure" starts to crumble.  Have to constantly pause to be able to make it through an episode- the cheese is excessive.  And those openings hurt my ears.  They seems to be spending a lot on rendering, though...  Overall quality: meh to bad.

Kalos: Can't sit through an episode.  Enough said.  Overall quality: trash.

Alola: Surprisingly, quite an improvement on XY: the series.  Not good, per se, but definitely trending the right direction.  Animation style is hugely Alolized.  Cheese is still high, and jokes either too common or too rare.  But it isn't terrible!!! :D :lol:  :D Overall quality: okayish.

That's how I look at it.

Edited by SuperStone, 22 July 2017 - 02:00 AM.

22 July 2017 - 12:04 PM

ahoodedman

Elite Trainer

• ahoodedman

Kalos: Can't sit through an episode.  Enough said.  Overall quality: trash.

I do agree that most of this ones episodes were trash, but if I were you I would consider watching the semi finals in the league those 2 episodes were really good and this is coming form a guy that hates the show.

I can't think of a signature  :(

06 August 2017 - 08:39 PM

KaiLaSo

Senior Trainer

• KaiLaSo
The anime is good. The only thing I don't like is how Ash becomes a noob again. He has become so mature and looks pretty good in XYZ but in sun and moon back to a noob

07 August 2017 - 03:21 AM

zlude_in

Junior Trainer

• zlude_in

The anime is good. The only thing I don't like is how Ash becomes a noob again. He has become so mature and looks pretty good in XYZ but in sun and moon back to a noob

Explain.

Unlike Unova, Ash is plenty competent in S&M so far: Gained the recognition of Tapu Koko in 2-3 episodes, used a Z-move successfully (and made Koko retreat into his bird form to shield itself), won against a Totem and gaining the recognition of taking a Grand Trial 9 episodes in, and won against a Kahuna in the next episode.

11 August 2017 - 12:45 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Explain.

Unlike Unova, Ash is plenty competent in S&M so far: Gained the recognition of Tapu Koko in 2-3 episodes, used a Z-move successfully (and made Koko retreat into his bird form to shield itself), won against a Totem and gaining the recognition of taking a Grand Trial 9 episodes in, and won against a Kahuna in the next episode.

​Not to be nit-picky, but Ash didn't really win against a Kahuna.  It's rare that anyone wins against a Kahuna.  Like Gym Leaders, they limit their power to the challenger, so that they can judge potential more than current strength.  I think it's more accurate to say that he cleared a Kahuna's trial.