Katorina

[GENERAL] Patching - Stuck on Checking for Refresher Update

Katorina

I was trying to re-download PTCGO after having reset my computer and everything was fine until it came to launching the game where I was stuck on the "Checking for refresher updates" screen and nothingI have tried has seemed to work 

Katorina

It worked at first but every time the computer is is turned on/off it happens again

Mod_Elderberry

That is very unusual... seeing that is the case, I would suggest that you send a ticket into the support team so they can investigate this matter further. To submit a ticket, simply click the link in my signature, sign in, and click "Ask a Question".

I hope that will be of some help, and good luck!

AwesomeTacoCat

I was opening TCGO, and at first, it was stuck on "Please wait while the refresher is patched" Then I waited for it to load and the refresher window popped up, like it would do on any other update, but it was just a black window, no text or anything. I couldn't close it or do anything with it. The loading cursor popped up when I hovered over the window too. I forced quit the refresher and tried again, same thing. I use a Macbook Air and it's fully updated and all the background apps were closed when this occurred. I also looked and the server status of TCGO was "Online". I'm afraid to uninstall because I don't want to lose my collection. 

Any solutions? Thanks.

~AwesomeTacoCat

RobRatt

I'm afraid to uninstall because I don't want to lose my collection. 

Any solutions? Thanks.

~AwesomeTacoCat

You don't need to fear an uninstall/reinstall.  All of your collection, decks, statistics, etc. are NOT stored on your personal device.  They're on the game's Servers (at AWS).

During my update today, it stalled too.  Luckily when I opened Refresher a second time, it worked.  But I've had to do a complete reinstallation on one other update.

Again, NO FEAR.  :cool: 

P.S.  There are a couple minor problems with reinstalling, but they are minor.  (1)  You may have to download the Card Cache (pictures) again.  (2)  You'll see those beginner's "You've been poisoned." or "Are you sure you don't want to attach an Energy?" dialog boxes again.

Edited by RobRatt

lovestory

My refresher is not working either. I keep getting the black screen as well, no matter how many times I try. Is this a sign I need to reinstall?

Shaddow_Fang

Hello I seem to be having the same problem I open PTCGO which then takes me to a loading screen saying “ please wait, checking for updates.....” and “please wait, while the refresher is patched.”

I tried to click on the link you have sent Katorina but then tells me this page doesn’t exist.

Woundering if you could help

thank you

Dan

• Upvote 1

Mod_RedDragon

Hello Trainers,

If you are running into an issue with the game, please try a full uninstall/reinstall by following the steps here