Tokens question help!

• Please log in to reply

02 July 2017 - 08:16 PM

abort1101

Rookie Trainer

• abort1101
I have a bunch of tokens to use. What should I be using them on??

02 July 2017 - 08:25 PM

harshu

Elite Trainer

• harshu

I have a bunch of tokens to use. What should I be using them on??

If you are a really new player, buy a theme deck most probably sun steel right now as I have heard, but I would like some other people to advise you on the theme deck (who are more familiar with them)

If you already have theme decks, I will always suggest you to save tokens for the special bundles that appear from time to time in the shop. They are the best for the tokens according to me.

I hope this helps :)

Probably the MOST HATED WRITER on PTCGO !
If you need any Deck help just visit this thread - The Best Decks in TCG - http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/28694-the-best-decks-in-tcg/
If you are new, and looking for a Beginner's Guide, click the following topic, to get reach to a Helpful Guide. - New Player Guide - http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/31931-new-player-guide/
Click the names, and you can reach those Topics :)

02 July 2017 - 08:47 PM

abort1101

Rookie Trainer

• abort1101
I have a few theme decks already. Should I get them all and what about packs??

02 July 2017 - 11:06 PM

XK920XK

Senior Trainer

• XK920XK

if you need cards then get packs, gaurdian rising has good meta cards.

you can also save them for theme events to get more tickets for other events as well.

03 July 2017 - 05:46 AM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

I have a few theme decks already. Should I get them all and what about packs??

By "a few," if you mean 3 or 4, buy more. Especially as you need 4 to get through the AI trainers.

Look at what's in the theme decks before buying them. Most of the old ones are weak compared to new ones. You can eventually get them all, and when a deck has beaten 12 trainers you get a pack. At 500 for the deck and the bonus pack, that's the best deal.

The bundles are good to get, though bear in mind that most are expanded format cards (as are the cards in most theme decks). I haven't touched the last several, because they repeat eventually.

Get booster packs when you have a lot of tokens and nothing else to spend them on. I'm holding 3000 or so right now, waiting to see what bundle comes up each Wednesday.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

03 July 2017 - 06:15 AM

harshu

Elite Trainer

• harshu

By "a few," if you mean 3 or 4, buy more. Especially as you need 4 to get through the AI trainers.

Look at what's in the theme decks before buying them. Most of the old ones are weak compared to new ones. You can eventually get them all, and when a deck has beaten 12 trainers you get a pack. At 500 for the deck and the bonus pack, that's the best deal.

The bundles are good to get, though bear in mind that most are expanded format cards (as are the cards in most theme decks). I haven't touched the last several, because they repeat eventually.

Get booster packs when you have a lot of tokens and nothing else to spend them on. I'm holding 3000 or so right now, waiting to see what bundle comes up each Wednesday.

You don't need to buy 4 theme decks, especially when you get 3 for free for playing in sun and moon era. Only 1 more to get all 4 stars in trainer challenge.

As for packs not at all. Buy bundles only, they tend to give more stuff with enough coins rather than single boosters.

If you need any Deck help just visit this thread - The Best Decks in TCG - http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/28694-the-best-decks-in-tcg/
If you are new, and looking for a Beginner's Guide, click the following topic, to get reach to a Helpful Guide. - New Player Guide - http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/31931-new-player-guide/

03 July 2017 - 06:19 AM

EricTheGr81

Novice Trainer

• EricTheGr81

If you are a really new player, buy a theme deck most probably sun steel right now as I have heard, but I would like some other people to advise you on the theme deck (who are more familiar with them)

If you already have theme decks, I will always suggest you to save tokens for the special bundles that appear from time to time in the shop. They are the best for the tokens according to me.

I hope this helps :)

He speaks true. Its what I have done with my tokens since i started back in beta and how I still spend them.

03 July 2017 - 09:51 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

You don't need to buy 4 theme decks, especially when you get 3 for free for playing in sun and moon era. Only 1 more to get all 4 stars in trainer challenge.

As for packs not at all. Buy bundles only, they tend to give more stuff with enough coins rather than single boosters.

He said he "has" a few. That's not buying them, and I was addressing how many he had.

Bundles are MORE EXPENSIVE than single boosters if you aren't looking to acquire the things that the bundle gives you. Two boosters will cost 400 tokens, while the latest bundle costs 750 for the same two boosters plus a pair of untradable cards you will have enough of eventually and untradable sleeves you can only use one of.

Some bundles are possibly worth buying four of, but after that it makes no sense.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

03 July 2017 - 11:01 PM

abort1101

Rookie Trainer

• abort1101
So in all i have 7 theme decks and only bought yunala and decediueye. And the bundles currently don't seem promising but I need shaymin ex and other things. So should I go for packs??

04 July 2017 - 03:30 AM

ahoodedman

Elite Trainer

• ahoodedman

if you have enought theme decks then the only thing you should get for now is locked roaring skies packs, they are going to leave the shop soon and shaymin will be a super good card in expanded its worth the shot you need at least 2 of them for a large amount of expanded decks (there are a few other cards such has M rayquaza, trainers mail sr vs seeker that are also worth looking for).

after you are done with shaymins its really your choice depending on what decks you want to make, if you are looking for cards in gernal the sun and moon sets (as well as the one that is coming out very soon) are good places to start, they have many good trainers, cards for budget decks, playable gx cards and tapu lele gx witch is almost as good as shaymin, its really good for the standard format right now and it will be a must after rotation (witch is probably going to be BkT or BkP onwards)

I can't think of a signature  :(

05 July 2017 - 02:53 AM

MysterQ

Senior Trainer

• MysterQ

if you have enought theme decks then the only thing you should get for now is locked roaring skies packs, they are going to leave the shop soon and shaymin will be a super good card in expanded its worth the shot you need at least 2 of them for a large amount of expanded decks (there are a few other cards such has M rayquaza, trainers mail sr vs seeker that are also worth looking for).

after you are done with shaymins its really your choice depending on what decks you want to make, if you are looking for cards in gernal the sun and moon sets (as well as the one that is coming out very soon) are good places to start, they have many good trainers, cards for budget decks, playable gx cards and tapu lele gx witch is almost as good as shaymin, its really good for the standard format right now and it will be a must after rotation (witch is probably going to be BkT or BkP onwards)

That is actually a really good way to look at things. I am a new player and I was avoiding those older packs because they will rotate out. But you are right that we will lose access to them for a long time, if expanded ever mattered to you.

13 July 2017 - 03:27 PM

KaiLaSo

Senior Trainer

• KaiLaSo

if you need cards then get packs, gaurdian rising has good meta cards.

you can also save them for theme events to get more tickets for other events as well.

I would recommend you to focus on buying guardian rising pack. It is the best pack right now in the shop

19 July 2017 - 02:22 AM

MysterQ

Senior Trainer

• MysterQ

I would recommend you to focus on buying guardian rising pack. It is the best pack right now in the shop

This give you the chance to pull Tapu Lele GX, which will be good for at least 1 year, if not 2+ years. So pulling these faster gives you value.

You can also get a few other good cards.

Honestly I like SM more, but GUR gives you TapuLele that you should be trying to get. Once you get 2-4, go to other packs.

29 July 2017 - 08:33 PM

iyado166

Elite Trainer

• iyado166

Don't forget to keep some tokens to be able to post trade offers and get the cards you still need to complete your decks :)

Now hosting the Sun & Moon League tournament
>))))">.o ..>))))">.o ..>))))">.o ..>))))">.o ..>))))">.o ..>))))">

29 July 2017 - 08:49 PM

harshu

Elite Trainer

• harshu

Don't forget to keep some tokens to be able to post trade offers and get the cards you still need to complete your decks :)

Or you can always keep saving and reach the max limit and then spend the 1K coins, like I do :D