* * * * * 1 votes

Pokemon RPG Coming to the Switch

• Please log in to reply

02 July 2017 - 10:58 AM

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

Hey folks, came across some info you might be interested in, even though the info itself is limited, due to Nintendo's nature of keeping things tight lip until a few months before the release date, but anyway, here is the info.  Whatever news I found said that probably by next year, the Switch well gain a mainline (or core) Pokemon RPG game amongst it's game line up.  Right now, that is the only tidbit that Nintendo is letting the public know about, especially at E3 this year.  While it's still too early for Gen VIII, especially with Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon about to come out in a few months, and from the sounds of things, it's not Stars, while the possibility of a DP remake becoming a console is still questionable, and a third RB, maybe Y, remake probably won't happen until the 25th anniversary in 2021, chances are, might actually be the first original game to hit the console, amongst other possibilities.  While kind of hoping for a remake of Pokémon Colosseum, at least a more lighter version, yet would be amazing if say, they try to go a bit all out by throwing a little something from each generation into one game, like say, being able to soar like you could on ORAS, or ride pokemon on land, but you get to choose.  At the moment, anybody's guess is as good as mind.

05 July 2017 - 05:57 PM

Expert Trainer

• The_Real_Bug
Well i really hope Switch will shake the waters with some fresh ideas for Pokemon but without hurting 3DS.

Don't follow the trends, follow my threads

/u/The_Real_Bug_ /r/ptcgo

06 July 2017 - 02:01 AM

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

If they could find a way to make it where you can connect the games on the 3DS to the Switch games, would be a nice bonus.  Like a blast from the past, get use Pokémon from XY to UltraSun and UltraMoon.  The only downside would be doing any trading.

07 July 2017 - 11:49 AM

• Mod_Jube

Thank for the info, GuG! I haven't been keeping up with Switch, but it may be time to start looking into it.

Moderator Jube
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!