Can't use the Tin Deck

Deck Manager General

• Please log in to reply

24 June 2017 - 06:17 AM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

Hey, just recently, I tried to use the deck I got from buying a tin a few years back, and for some reason, a message saying 'This deck is not valid for the current queue' and wondering what in the world that is suppose to mean?  The deck is good enough for the expanded rules, yet, ever since the last makeover, not sure if it's because of the special challenge, or there are some rules I missed, but right now, have no idea if I'm supposed to change something, or if there is another bug that came with the current card bugs.  The tin I tried to use, and the only one I have at the moment, is the Groudon Spring 2015, the one that came out after ORAS hit the shelves, and I've tweaked it to the way I wanted it, and should still fit the expanded rules, so wondering if any of the cards are now part of the unlimited rules, which nobody is allowed to access anymore, or if Tin Decks are no good at the moment.

24 June 2017 - 11:10 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

As far as I can tell, all of the decks from promo tins work still.  I haven't noticed any that are broken lately.

The Groudon deck (named Earthshaker) you're using, without any adjustments, will only work in the Expanded and Unlimited formats though.

Might I recommend?  ...you can see for yourself why it won't work in Standard, Legacy, etc.  When you're in Deck Manager, notice the little "info" button in the upper right (green with a small letter I).  This checks Validation in the different formats, and will tell you which cards don't function.

24 June 2017 - 07:05 PM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

Tried them, but as it turns out, it was the different names that was causing me trouble.  Guessing, when the game was going through another overhaul, from the looks of the things, while the name of the tin was changed to Earthshaker, it was only registered in the Deck Manager, while the original name stayed the same in the Vs list, causing the game confusion when it comes to issuing challenges, so I had to change the name from Groudon Spring 2015 to Earthshaker, saved it, and now, the deck is useable again.  I guess I was paying for somebody's decision to change the name.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deck Manager, General