Winning Streaks!

• Please log in to reply

02 May 2018 - 12:44 AM

Danielsan555

Novice Trainer

• Danielsan555

Oh wow! Amazing how some people have made it past 20!!!

My all time record is 17, in expanded with Lucario/Zoroark!
It lost against M-Rayquaza! I Even though I run 2 Parallel City & 1 Field Blower, they played the match PERFECTLY! Shout outs to them!

The deck's VERY solid, and it's gotten a 10+ win streak 4 times!! :D

Keep it up everyone!

02 May 2018 - 01:46 PM

Sadra

Senior Trainer

• Sadra

LOL! that happens ALOT to me too! sometimes I do get a heads every now and zen but otherwise.....TAILS. I did manage to get up to 10 wins the other day..AHHH so close yet.......but 1 of these days ILL GET 12 OR MORE! just you wait and see!

Good luck I am sure that you would get past that soon!

06 May 2018 - 06:27 PM

Danielsan555

Novice Trainer

• Danielsan555

21!!!!!

I'm currently at my highest win streak ever, and I'm still going!! :o 
I've had to overcome Salbeleye Garb/Darkrai/Gallade/Night March/Volcanion/a few rogue decks/ & TONS of Zoroark, to get to this point!

10 May 2018 - 07:57 AM

Sadra

Senior Trainer

• Sadra

Got a 18 win streak using beast ring buzzwole & ultra necrozma in expanded when I got steamrolled by rainbow road because I dead drew and didn't get anything useful for 4 turns. Anyway, going to try hard to reach that number again. Good luck to everyone on their streaks. 

19 May 2018 - 02:20 PM

LegendofZapdos5

Veteran Trainer

• LegendofZapdos5

My hat's off to these fine gentlemen for getting winning streaks like 21 and 18 (Wish I could come close to that lol) My latest one is currently 9-but I will beat that record of mine 11-someday...just you wait and see! ^__^

Edited by LegendofZapdos5, 19 May 2018 - 02:20 PM.

19 May 2018 - 02:48 PM

Guido_19

Novice Trainer

• Guido_19

I've reached an 11 win streak with an Alolan Dugtrio deck. No, I can't believe it either.

Edited by Guido_19, 19 May 2018 - 02:51 PM.

22 May 2018 - 06:34 AM

Valkyria

Novice Trainer

• Valkyria

Winning streak of 39 snapped today. Was using my Buzzwole GX and Regirock EX deck. I previously had winning streaks of 38 (Gardevoir GX) and 40 (Buzzwole GX and Lycanroc GX) end in a suspiciously similar way: getting a bad starting pokemon and drawing only energies for the rest of the game.

I started with a Regirock EX, with 3 of my 9 basic energies as part of my opening hand. My next 3 draws were all basic energies. This in itself isn't too unlikely, but the exact same thing happened to end my other two win streaks, except it was with Tapu Lele GX and Remoraid instead of Regirock EX. After this loss, it made me feel that once you get your win streak to 38-40, you'll have a significantly higher probability of drawing dead opening hands. I find it really difficult to believe that pure chance will result in the same scenario three times as soon as your win streak reaches the 38-40 range.

To add insult to injury, my Regirock EX would've survived for another turn, but the damage reduction effect from his Bedrock Press didn't work. Ugh...

Edited by Valkyria, 22 May 2018 - 06:43 AM.

23 May 2018 - 02:31 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

snip

Consider this: Any game where you get back luck is pretty much guaranteed to end your streak.  And the longer your streak, the higher your ELO temporarily gets, so the more definate the loss will be.  And 30s-40s... Well, that's a pretty big range.  I think it's completely plausible.

Edited by SuperStone, 23 May 2018 - 02:31 AM.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

23 May 2018 - 02:33 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Finally hit double digits!  A 10-win streak ended when my opponent managed to find the Beast Energy the turn before Luca would have KOed their Buzzwole. :(

This Lucario/Zoroark thing is working pretty well for me, but it's nowhere near as elegant as old Brooklet Hill Volcanion... *sigh* Trade-offs.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

28 May 2018 - 04:49 AM

LegendofZapdos5

Veteran Trainer

• LegendofZapdos5

Finally hit double digits!  A 10-win streak ended when my opponent managed to find the Beast Energy the turn before Luca would have KOed their Buzzwole. :(

This Lucario/Zoroark thing is working pretty well for me, but it's nowhere near as elegant as old Brooklet Hill Volcanion... *sigh* Trade-offs.

You already know how we VOLCANION user's do it around here LOL! ^__^

Winning streak of 39 snapped today. Was using my Buzzwole GX and Regirock EX deck. I previously had winning streaks of 38 (Gardevoir GX) and 40 (Buzzwole GX and Lycanroc GX) end in a suspiciously similar way: getting a bad starting pokemon and drawing only energies for the rest of the game.

I started with a Regirock EX, with 3 of my 9 basic energies as part of my opening hand. My next 3 draws were all basic energies. This in itself isn't too unlikely, but the exact same thing happened to end my other two win streaks, except it was with Tapu Lele GX and Remoraid instead of Regirock EX. After this loss, it made me feel that once you get your win streak to 38-40, you'll have a significantly higher probability of drawing dead opening hands. I find it really difficult to believe that pure chance will result in the same scenario three times as soon as your win streak reaches the 38-40 range.

To add insult to injury, my Regirock EX would've survived for another turn, but the damage reduction effect from his Bedrock Press didn't work. Ugh...

39!!! That makes you the new record holder-Congrats on that achievement! Wish I could pull half of that LOL! Your  using a top-tier deck (at least for expanded) Buzzwole-Regirock, Nice choice imo! 

06 June 2018 - 03:26 AM

LegendofZapdos5

Veteran Trainer

• LegendofZapdos5

Been a rough week but i did manage to get to 8 this week. Hoping for better results in the future-need to try another format LOL!

I also did something I call, a HIDDEN ACHIEVMENT! I won a game while getting the last ko's needed for that challenge (16 ko challenge) and after that match I won an ultra prism pack (Which has the face of dusk mane nec) plus my MVP pokemon was dusk mane nec.

Anybody else get any hidden achievement's like this?

13 June 2018 - 09:26 PM

LegendofZapdos5

Veteran Trainer

• LegendofZapdos5

It's your boy LOZ!!!

Just come to state that i did get an 6 winning streak in this past week. Did anyone get any higher? Did you beat your personal best score? Let's hear those stories of VICTORY!!! ^_______^