Winning Streaks!

• Please log in to reply

25 January 2018 - 11:59 PM

SingingFlyEx

Trainer

• SingingFlyEx

Sure. Just broke my 2 week old WS record with 10 in Theme Deck with Clanging Thunder. None of these "you just lose" early games. Even when I just got 2 energies in my first 15 cards my opponent's draws where just as bad.
That's when I faced the most dreaded opponent in the game.
The one nobody ever wins against.
The one that haunts us in our sweaty nights.
The one nauty children are threatened with.
The one and only...
Disconnected from server {gasp}
But you know what, Mr Disconnected-from-Server Archdemon?
You were too late.
You failed to drag me down to your hole of frustration.
I had just finished climbing to the top of the ladder and claimed my Ghetis FA ^^

PS easiest strategy for WS: first let your 5-yo cousin play on your account in Theme Deck Format for 2 hrs. Then climb back your ELO score up :)

PPS It's "nauty" and "hole" because of our starry watchdog lol

Edited by SingingFlyEx, 26 January 2018 - 12:02 AM.

04 February 2018 - 05:21 AM

LegendofZapdos5

Veteran Trainer

• LegendofZapdos5

If I had a 5 year old cousin-they would for sure be getting me to the top LOL! (Nicley done making it to 10 ^_^) I tried again but I only made it to 6 this week!

Gotta hate that only opponent you can't beat (Disconnections) but they will happen from time to time seeing as this is not a perfect world. (I just hope it hits when I'm doing something like my evo challenge LOL!)

07 February 2018 - 03:24 PM

Jammer87

Senior Trainer

• Jammer87

Won 13 in a row w/ Glaceon-GX AND...

*drum roll*

Tapu Fini-GX!

Complete w/ Octillery, Glaceon-EX, Cyrus Prism Star, Koko Promo, and Lele-GX, this deck even beat Metal once along the way, and the streak is still active!

^ ...But doing so was a challenge indeed, so...

If I face Metal again, I'll try to defend my streak w/ Cyrus Prism Star used after he/she has placed more than 2 on bench and/or the attack called Tapu Storm-GX to get Magnezone back in deck to slow down Dusk Mane! *Bowser laugh*

^ EDIT: Streak over at 14. Garchomp got me... :(

Edited by Jammer87, 07 February 2018 - 11:31 PM.

http://support.pokemon.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=15227&redirect=true

^ Something I noticed after the latest patch install...

16 February 2018 - 04:03 PM

Oldschool1990

Veteran Trainer

• Oldschool1990

19 Winning Streak with Mach Strike in Theme deck format.

I'd liked to have 20, but then got a hand full of energies and 1 basic.

Specialized on Theme Deck Tournaments.

Contra principia negantem non est disputandum.

18 February 2018 - 06:57 PM

LegendofZapdos5

Veteran Trainer

• LegendofZapdos5

19 Winning Streak with Mach Strike in Theme deck format.

I'd liked to have 20, but then got a hand full of energies and 1 basic.

I expect nothing less from an OLDSCHOOL PLAYER such as your good self! I only managed to pull off an 8-streak in expanded using my anti-NM deck (I envy of all you theme-deck streak runners) Keep those winning streaks COMING BABY!

18 February 2018 - 07:01 PM

LegendofZapdos5

Veteran Trainer

• LegendofZapdos5

Won 13 in a row w/ Glaceon-GX AND...

*drum roll*

Tapu Fini-GX!

Complete w/ Octillery, Glaceon-EX, Cyrus Prism Star, Koko Promo, and Lele-GX, this deck even beat Metal once along the way, and the streak is still active!

^ ...But doing so was a challenge indeed, so...

If I face Metal again, I'll try to defend my streak w/ Cyrus Prism Star used after he/she has placed more than 2 on bench and/or the attack called Tapu Storm-GX to get Magnezone back in deck to slow down Dusk Mane! *Bowser laugh*

^ EDIT: Streak over at 14. Garchomp got me... :(

Don't feel sad Brother J, I lost to one of those decks earlier. (But I did manage to beat one the other day though!) 14 is higher then I have ever gone. Pat yourself on the back, You have done well brother. ^___^

Edited by LegendofZapdos5, 18 February 2018 - 07:04 PM.

26 February 2018 - 10:15 PM

LegendofZapdos5

Veteran Trainer

• LegendofZapdos5

I have not still beaten my old score but, then again I have not tried theme decks either. From what I hear the new theme decks from UP are slaughtering everything else. I wonder if that's true?

04 March 2018 - 01:41 PM

LegendofZapdos5

Veteran Trainer

• LegendofZapdos5

Did manage to run a 5-win streak the other day. Got to check out the other formats when I get a chance. Hopefully ill get a little bit luckier there. (With so many lock-down decks in expanded format) it's CRAZY LOL!

11 March 2018 - 09:32 PM

LegendofZapdos5

Veteran Trainer

• LegendofZapdos5

AHHHH! I was soooo close to beating my old record!!! I got to 10 wins in expanded the other day then.....THE DEAD ZONE! I will have my REVENGE!!!!!

Keep those winning streaks coming baby! We all like to hear some good news. (Even if its not about ourselves)

14 March 2018 - 09:17 PM

joeythebigboss

Senior Trainer

• joeythebigboss
Yeah you you get more points for winning ,but you also face more opponents who stick around longer to try and possibly squeeze a win less concedes= more time waisted so it evens out really.

20 March 2018 - 11:03 PM

LegendofZapdos5

Veteran Trainer

• LegendofZapdos5

Yeah you you get more points for winning ,but you also face more opponents who stick around longer to try and possibly squeeze a win less concedes= more time waisted so it evens out really.

True dat Big Boss Hog! It has gotten really tough to get a winning streak in expanded now. All kinds of lockdown/heavy damage decks there now.

01 April 2018 - 04:30 AM

LegendofZapdos5

Veteran Trainer

• LegendofZapdos5

Pulled off an 11 winning streak with my Vol deck in expanded-sooo close to beating my old record I needed 1 more win AHHHHH! Got to keep trying to break that old record! ^__^

04 April 2018 - 07:17 PM

Oldschool1990

Veteran Trainer

• Oldschool1990

Keep trying, pretty sure you will break your record soon enough. :)

17 wins with Mach Strike, then lost 5 to 6 in a honorable match.

Still trying to get to 20.

Maybe not worth mentioning, but I also got a 8 win streak with Basic Green, it's incredible what that deck still can do against Mach Strike and Imperial Command.

Edited by Oldschool1990, 04 April 2018 - 07:44 PM.

Specialized on Theme Deck Tournaments.

Contra principia negantem non est disputandum.

11 April 2018 - 02:02 PM

LegendofZapdos5

Veteran Trainer

• LegendofZapdos5

Keep trying, pretty sure you will break your record soon enough. :)

17 wins with Mach Strike, then lost 5 to 6 in a honorable match.

Still trying to get to 20.

Maybe not worth mentioning, but I also got a 8 win streak with Basic Green, it's incredible what that deck still can do against Mach Strike and Imperial Command.

17 Wins!!! Your just being greedy now LOL! ^__^ I'll second that notion of keep trying, I was starting again today with an 8 winning streak in exp but caught a bad hand. Got to admit-things like winning streak really press you to try even harder imo. Does anyone else agree with this idea?

17 April 2018 - 03:58 AM

LegendofZapdos5

Veteran Trainer

• LegendofZapdos5

I have to confess....I have not pulled off a huge winning streak lately (But I did manage to get up to 4 recently) so I'm hoping for better luck next go-around.  :rolleyes: 

18 April 2018 - 03:34 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

I could probably break my PR with the raichu/sableye stall deck I built a month ago, but honestly, it gets reeeally boring to play very many matches in a row with that... thing.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

18 April 2018 - 05:39 AM

Sadra

Senior Trainer

• Sadra

I couldn't remember my highest win streak but I am currently at a 12 win streak with zoroark/eggs, aerodactyl/gallade, and waillord stall in expanded. 

25 April 2018 - 04:11 AM

LegendofZapdos5

Veteran Trainer

• LegendofZapdos5

I could probably break my PR with the raichu/sableye stall deck I built a month ago, but honestly, it gets reeeally boring to play very many matches in a row with that... thing.

LOL! Do WHATEVER you have to do to make it to the top...AND STAY THERE!!! ^_^

I couldn't remember my highest win streak but I am currently at a 12 win streak with zoroark/eggs, aerodactyl/gallade, and waillord stall in expanded. 

AHHHHH! Hey that's my personal goal your stealing!!! Poke-police ARREST THIS THEIF!!! :P

I did manage to get up to 6 today but then.....I want my Snorlax plush to cry on. :( 

Edited by LegendofZapdos5, 25 April 2018 - 04:13 AM.

25 April 2018 - 11:26 AM

Sadra

Senior Trainer

• Sadra

If it makes you feel any better I haven't won a single coin flip since yesterday, I am still waiting to start first :P

30 April 2018 - 09:25 PM

LegendofZapdos5

Veteran Trainer

• LegendofZapdos5

If it makes you feel any better I haven't won a single coin flip since yesterday, I am still waiting to start first :P

LOL! that happens ALOT to me too! sometimes I do get a heads every now and zen but otherwise.....TAILS. I did manage to get up to 10 wins the other day..AHHH so close yet.......but 1 of these days ILL GET 12 OR MORE! just you wait and see!