Winning Streaks!

• Please log in to reply

15 July 2017 - 11:13 AM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_

Woah, that's sick :D.

I'm still struggeling to go back to my initial streak of 15 games, but 24 ? Dunno if I'll ever get that far.

Good luck to anyone trying to beat Rainbow's record :).

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

15 July 2017 - 12:43 PM

harshu

Elite Trainer

• harshu

24 @_@

Just one question, didn't you have like a really really really rotten hand --> in any of the matches :o Because I get that kind of hand every 7th streak happened 3rd time -__- even though i managed to win, but still haven't reached above 10..

Maybe you are like a really pro player then :o

Probably the MOST HATED WRITER on PTCGO !
If you need any Deck help just visit this thread - The Best Decks in TCG - http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/28694-the-best-decks-in-tcg/
If you are new, and looking for a Beginner's Guide, click the following topic, to get reach to a Helpful Guide. - New Player Guide - http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/31931-new-player-guide/
Click the names, and you can reach those Topics :)

15 July 2017 - 01:04 PM

KaiLaSo

Senior Trainer

• KaiLaSo

7 win streak is my highest so far I believe.

This update is good but you don't get anything if you lose once you have gotten 2000 points on versus ladder

15 July 2017 - 03:16 PM

Rainbow-XN

Expert Trainer

• Rainbow-XN

24 @_@

Just one question, didn't you have like a really really really rotten hand --> in any of the matches :o Because I get that kind of hand every 7th streak happened 3rd time -__- even though i managed to win, but still haven't reached above 10..

Maybe you are like a really pro player then :o

I got like bad starts in some matches but not dead end hands like 1 basic 6 energies.

Most of the battles turned favorable to me at some point and my opponent conceded.

There were some of them where I had to pull a good strategy that payed off eventually.

And as I said before, I faced weak decks in like 6 to 8 of my matches.

So in conclusion and from what I've experienced in that streak:

1) You need a strong deck with high win percentage.

2) You need to be lucky enough not to face a deck where you have a big disadvantage (I didn't face any Garchomps, I didn't face any TDKs)

3) You have to avoid getting a dead hand, at least against strong decks.

4) You must have a very good knowledge of your opponent's deck and strategy (quite easy if you play Legacy, most of the top decks are not very hard to learn)

5) You need to be able to switch strategies within a match in order to cope with your opponent

6) If your opponent gets a strong start you have to at least be able to get a good start as well (not necessarily the best, just not a bad one)

7) You need luck in general

8) You need to be a pro player like me ok I'm joking :P

Well, in case I forgot something, there's always the edit option :)

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Rainbow-XN, 15 July 2017 - 03:17 PM.

All time favorite:

Steelix, Haunter, Scizor, Beedrill, Crobat, Gyarados

15 July 2017 - 06:12 PM

harshu

Elite Trainer

• harshu

Seems legit !

However, you did miss one point, that I frequently do not follow. Never mis-play or mis-click :D :D (One of my biggest problems lol ! and I realise too quickly just quick enough after the match is over xD )

If you need any Deck help just visit this thread - The Best Decks in TCG - http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/28694-the-best-decks-in-tcg/
If you are new, and looking for a Beginner's Guide, click the following topic, to get reach to a Helpful Guide. - New Player Guide - http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/31931-new-player-guide/

16 July 2017 - 12:10 AM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_

I'd assume it's easier if you are a bit lower on the ELO ladder, as getting consecutive wins at the top becomes harder^^.

One point though that I can't stress enough is this: don't concede to early. As you said, sometimes everyone has to get a bad start, but that doesn't mean that you can't turn a game around and win from behind.

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

16 July 2017 - 02:49 PM

Rainbow-XN

Expert Trainer

• Rainbow-XN

I'd assume it's easier if you are a bit lower on the ELO ladder, as getting consecutive wins at the top becomes harder^^.

One point though that I can't stress enough is this: don't concede to early. As you said, sometimes everyone has to get a bad start, but that doesn't mean that you can't turn a game around and win from behind.

Indeed! I've experienced epic comebacks that seemed impossible at some point during a battle. Both for me and against me, so yeah, if you are going for a streak don't concede unless the win is 100% beyond reach.

All time favorite:

Steelix, Haunter, Scizor, Beedrill, Crobat, Gyarados

16 July 2017 - 07:32 PM

The_Real_Bug

Expert Trainer

• The_Real_Bug

Let me tell you something about Rainbow-XN, the man who taught me how to play.

He is the Deep Blue version of PTCGO.

If you ever see him play in real life, you'll witness that he has tremendous battlefield awareness.

It was just a matter or time for him to pull that kind of stunt.

Now, catch him if you can  :P

Don't follow the trends, follow my threads

20 July 2017 - 08:40 PM

LegendofZapdos5

Veteran Trainer

• LegendofZapdos5

24-Now thats going to be Tough to beat! LOL Well Done RXN

My new goal-30 (Ill probably try my luck in legacy since this is where mostly seems to happen) I got my record in Expanded

Keep those Streaks coming in! ^____^

23 July 2017 - 02:45 PM

okamihime135

Rookie Trainer

• okamihime135

Lucky you guys! I'm up to a 3. I get horrible draws by the computer for like ten times after that. Don't know why. And my decks aren't bad nor my choices. Just no energy and all pokemon or all pokemon and no energy lol. So I'm soooo easy to beat for you guys then. :P  I do manage to finish the ladder eventually though...

28 July 2017 - 05:08 PM

LegendofZapdos5

Veteran Trainer

• LegendofZapdos5

Lucky you guys! I'm up to a 3. I get horrible draws by the computer for like ten times after that. Don't know why. And my decks aren't bad nor my choices. Just no energy and all pokemon or all pokemon and no energy lol. So I'm soooo easy to beat for you guys then. :P  I do manage to finish the ladder eventually though...

Don't feel bad. I get some poor draws that I try to play out but 80% of the time-end in failure LOL(Which usually breaks my 7-8 winning streak). Good to hear you finished the ladder. With the new Winning Streak feature-it sure makes it ALOT easier for everyone! ^________^

29 July 2017 - 09:24 PM

harshu

Elite Trainer

• harshu

Don't feel bad. I get some poor draws that I try to play out but 80% of the time-end in failure LOL(Which usually breaks my 7-8 winning streak). Good to hear you finished the ladder. With the new Winning Streak feature-it sure makes it ALOT easier for everyone! ^________^

Same with me and here I lost again a 7 win streak. I now am suspicious about this 7 number as if it is really really unlucky for me. @_@ I just lose the game after 7th win streak :(

Probably for not watching some of the James Bond movies :/

29 July 2017 - 11:15 PM

JamesPup

Trainer

• JamesPup

I'm still stuck at 8 wins in a row. I've had eight, like a dozen times in a row, now. 

30 July 2017 - 06:49 AM

The_Real_Bug

Expert Trainer

• The_Real_Bug

I saw someone on that other sub-forum that posted a picture of a player with 37 consecutive wins.

Rainbow-XN has been dethroned...

:(

Don't follow the trends, follow my threads

02 August 2017 - 09:05 PM

LegendofZapdos5

Veteran Trainer

• LegendofZapdos5

Same with me and here I lost again a 7 win streak. I now am suspicious about this 7 number as if it is really really unlucky for me. @_@ I just lose the game after 7th win streak :(

Probably for not watching some of the James Bond movies :/

The Names Lucky..UNLUCKY that is (Bond theme plays)

I'm still stuck at 8 wins in a row. I've had eight, like a dozen times in a row, now. 

Welcome to the Dust yourself off and try again club my brother! ^____^

I saw someone on that other sub-forum that posted a picture of a player with 37 consecutive wins.

Rainbow-XN has been dethroned...

:(

I wish this person would come forth and post it here-otherwise ill leave RXN as our current Streak Champion.

09 August 2017 - 07:20 PM

LegendofZapdos5

Veteran Trainer

• LegendofZapdos5

Tried another Winning streak-got to 10 but was cut off next battle due to the pokemon game crashing. U___U 

Anyone else get any better at there score?

09 August 2017 - 08:45 PM

Jinzo2006

Junior Trainer

• Jinzo2006

LONGEST WINNING STREAK: 12 WINS 

DECK(S) USED: RAINBOW ROAD

NEXT PERSONAL GOAL: I DON'T KNOW LOL

10 August 2017 - 02:15 AM

SharKing319

Expert Trainer

• SharKing319

I got a 15 streak with Legacy Blastoise, so... yeah. XD

15 August 2017 - 08:54 PM

LegendofZapdos5

Veteran Trainer

• LegendofZapdos5

AHHH! Good to see more winning streaks. 12 and 15 are no easy accomplishments so WELL DONE to you both!

I personally just got 8 myself twice (One with Volcan & another with Tapu Koko) but mostly i would say im experimenting with the new cards atm.

Hopefully I will create a winning deck but, won't be certain until after the next rotation (Which is next month)

16 August 2017 - 06:03 AM

UselessEX

Veteran Trainer

• UselessEX

i just returned to the game and my best is around 9~10 maybe with trev item lock and turbo darkrai and nightmarch expended what break my streaks is normally hard counters (fighting dark decks with trev or trev with night march ect ect)

maybe i should try standard or legacy

Edited by UselessEX, 16 August 2017 - 06:04 AM.