Pokemon TCG Online for IOS and Android Phone?

• Please log in to reply

10 June 2017 - 04:19 PM

KaiLaSo

Senior Trainer

• KaiLaSo

Hi

I know I ask this question before but I am curious if it is time to implement it for IOS and android phone.

Some popular card game like Yu-Gi-Oh dual Generation can now be played on your phone (IOS or android) 

Edited by KaiLaSo, 10 June 2017 - 04:20 PM.

10 June 2017 - 09:08 PM

Mod_Elderberry

• Mod_Elderberry

A list of supported devices and system requirements can be found here: http://www.pokemon.c...nline/download/

Moderator Elderberry
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

11 June 2017 - 09:04 AM

KaiLaSo

Senior Trainer

• KaiLaSo

A list of supported devices and system requirements can be found here: [url=http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/play-online/download/]http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/play-online/download/[/url]

Hi

I am referring to the phone version of the game. I know that the game is currently available on PC , Ipad and android tablet.

12 June 2017 - 12:25 AM

Mod_Elderberry

• Mod_Elderberry

I have forwarded your suggestion to a phone specific version of the game to the developers.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Moderator Elderberry

14 June 2017 - 08:10 PM

TPCi_Samhayne

TPCi Staff

• TPCi_Samhayne

Our current statement on phone development can be found at http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/40360-regarding-android-phones/ 

While this post is addressing Android, it is applicable for iOS phones:

Officially, the Android version of the Pokémon TCG Online is currently for Tablets.

We certainly understand the desire for phone versions of the game. We want to play on our phones too. 

The game was originally designed for a robust (wifi or wired) data connection on a PC.  The game has not been optimized for use over a limited cellular connection, that players on a smartphone might expect. Also, there are user interface considerations that could be optimized for smaller smartphone screens. For these reasons, any device that Google Play considers a “phone” is not currently enabled to download the game. If Google Play views your device as a "phone" it will come back with "your device is not compatible" and you will not be able to install the app from Google Play.

Those are the official reasons for the game being labeled as tablet only. Hopefully that helps at least understand why it is as it currently is.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Alex Leary
Pokémon TCG Online
The Pokémon Company International

Need help from the support team? Visit the [url="http://www.pokemon.com/support"]support portal[/url] and submit a ticket!

30 March 2018 - 02:29 PM

iRockStaRx

Rookie Trainer

• iRockStaRx

Hi

I know I ask this question before but I am curious if it is time to implement it for IOS and android phone.

Some popular card game like Yu-Gi-Oh dual Generation can now be played on your phone (IOS or android)

I really want to play this on phone I’m sure this will run well in an iPhone Plus

30 March 2018 - 02:31 PM

iRockStaRx

Rookie Trainer

• iRockStaRx
I really want to play this in my phone if this is implemented there will be a huge boost because everyone doesn’t have a tablet or iPad and I’m pretty sure this will run well in an iPhone Plus such as Yu-Gi-Oh!

31 July 2018 - 08:28 PM

Newsensei

Rookie Trainer

• Newsensei

Wow...just wow..."The game was originally designed for a robust (wifi or wired) data connection on a PC. The game has not been optimized for use over a limited cellular connection, that players on a smartphone might expect"...are you for real in 2018? even if cellular connection is a n issue you can still limit it to Wi-Fi only so that excuse is a nonstarter. "Also, there are user interface considerations that could be optimized for smaller smartphone screens" - I am sure ther interface can be changed easily enough to correct for smaller screens especially considering MOST modern phones are high resolution screens with 1080p resolution (min now), quad core processor, multi GB of RAM and LOTs of internal storage with some phones still offering expansion capability..it seems to me you guys just don't want to mess with it, why not try flipping the switch to allow for us to try it ourselves and see if it is worth, some of us don't want to have to buy another device just to be able to play on the go which, as you mentioned yourself, wouldn't be ideal anyhow since even a tablet would need a cellular connection to play on the go and if not then that excuse is moot for phones as well...

Can't you set a limit to maybe phones that are over a few years old being locked out, I cannot see how this games couldn't work on a completely modern phone with a 5 inch (or larger) screen...it's like punishing the whole class for the antics of one person!

Edited by newSensei, 31 July 2018 - 08:35 PM.

07 August 2018 - 02:46 PM

deevoh

Junior Trainer

• deevoh
I agree I play on my laptop but it would be way more convenient to play this in my phone along with a huge userbase. Kindly invest to tying to set the game up for mobile . Also other card games like hearthstone work on all devices reasonably well and I play that with no issues.

Edited by deevoh, 07 August 2018 - 02:47 PM.

08 August 2018 - 06:51 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello Trainers,

Thank you for providing that feedback regarding the Pokémon TCG Online on mobile devices. I know that many users would love to be able to play the game on their phones! 

I have passed this feedback along for further review. I believe the development team has not changed their stance on bringing the game to phones at this time, but there is always the chance for a future update!

Moderator Jynthu

09 August 2018 - 01:49 AM

deevoh

Junior Trainer

• deevoh

Hello Trainers,

Thank you for providing that feedback regarding the Pokémon TCG Online on mobile devices. I know that many users would love to be able to play the game on their phones! 

I have passed this feedback along for further review. I believe the development team has not changed their stance on bringing the game to phones at this time, but there is always the chance for a future update!

Is it possible.for the Devs to offer us a logical reason ?.technical issues? Not worth the time etc ? Thanks

09 August 2018 - 05:12 PM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora
Hey! I’m not sure if it’ll work the other way, but I used to be able to switch the app option from “iPad only” to “iPhone only”. I think that it’ll allow you to download the app for the phone. I used to Pokémon GO on my iPad and loaf around the house with it.

Friendship is magic!

26 August 2018 - 09:02 PM

s7121n9s

Rookie Trainer

• s7121n9s
Question. I have a friend that has a laptop with Google as its OS. Will this work on that? I know,android has the Google,play store but i dont know if it works the same

27 August 2018 - 11:59 PM

Mod_Lyam

• Mod_Lyam

Hi s7121n9s,

You can check the system requirements in the following link: https://www.pokemon....nline/download/

If the OS is not listed in the page, we cannot guarantee that the game will work properly.

Thank you!

Moderator Lyam

31 August 2018 - 04:48 AM

Eden2902

Senior Trainer

• Eden2902
The big joke of this is, that many many player download the apk of PTCGO and install it on their phone (like me) and don't have ANY problem. I don't know if phones exist where it don't work, but tbh: the most modern phones have better technical specifics than tablets. So I don't care that they mean that it isn't compatible, because it is.

What me disappoint is, that they don't give us the app the normal way like "try it. If it doesn't work we've said that it doesn't work". The truth is, that this app works on the majority of phones. Sad that this isn't seen...

The cake is a lie!

31 August 2018 - 02:10 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

The big joke of this is, that many many player download the apk of PTCGO and install it on their phone (like me) and don't have ANY problem. I don't know if phones exist where it don't work, but tbh: the most modern phones have better technical specifics than tablets. So I don't care that they mean that it isn't compatible, because it is.

What me disappoint is, that they don't give us the app the normal way like "try it. If it doesn't work we've said that it doesn't work". The truth is, that this app works on the majority of phones. Sad that this isn't seen...

Nay, the big joke is that they consider the simplified touch-screen-ready app with minimal features to be "designed for... PC."

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!