- - - - -

New Games announced

• Please log in to reply

07 June 2017 - 08:45 AM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek
Hey folks, just came upon some news from Nintendo involving three new Pokemon games for 2017. One is Pokken Tournament ** for the Switch, and the other two are UltraSun and UltraMoon for the 3DS. While don't have anything to say about Pokken, yet as for UltraSun and UltraMoon, well, from what little info that was release, they say they are going for an alternate story. Guessing that means, unlike GSC, HGSS and B2W2, which are sequels, and in a way, continue a story, the new pair is probably going to retell the story. And from the looks of things, Nintendo is really trying hard to keep things fresh and new when it comes to the Pokemon Franchise by throwing in things out of the blue.

Personally, feeling a bit disappointed, because kind of expecting something different, something more, like a Pokemon Colosseum remake, or maybe, word on wither or not we get to hear if the DP remake well be done in Gen7 or 8, but it is what it is I guess.

07 June 2017 - 11:23 AM

ahoodedman

Elite Trainer

• ahoodedman

99% chance that it is a sequel, they would never reboot a game that just came out a year ago

I can't think of a signature  :(

07 June 2017 - 01:11 PM

theotherguytm

Expert Trainer

• theotherguytm

I said to my brother:

"A Sun 2/Moon 2 would be a good idea. How cool would it be to battle yourself as Champion?! And Hau as the new kahuna... the list of possibilities is huge!"

This is my OTHER signature.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/42500-the-mindless-nonsense-begins-my-ideas/

07 June 2017 - 08:59 PM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

99% chance that it is a sequel, they would never reboot a game that just came out a year ago

More like 50% chance, since, while some people say it's a Third game in two, yet with a sequel, usually, the statement would say continuing the story, and, unless there's a reason to, like how GSC and HGSS had Team Rocket and B2W2 has Team Plasma, or even like XD: Gale of Darkness has the Cipher Syndicate, then a sequel could also be doubtful.  An alternate story, well, chances are, they probably hinted it with the Ultra Beasts, probably telling the story in their dimension, probably the opposite of what goes on in the original, while adding two new fusions.