Missing Brock

• Please log in to reply

29 May 2017 - 02:07 PM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

Hey, here is a question for everybody, but does anybody else miss seeing Brock in the Anime?  He was like the perfect counter balance between Ash, and whichever girl he travels with, by being the big brother who keeps things on track while keeping the peace whenever there is a lover's spat, so to speak, providing the facts during certain events, while also providing some comic relief whenever he sees a pretty girl and tries to flirt, only to either flop each time, or gets dragged away whenever he starts to make a complete out of himself, wither by the ear, or by pokemon. With him being apart of Ash's journey, in Kanto, and from Johto to Sinnoh, kept wishing he came back in Unova and Kalos, Alola, not so sure.  Don't get me wrong, Cilan wasn't too bad, but the downside with him is that he seems a bit overdramtic at times, and while Clemont had more of his own thing going on, Bonnie was the Brock of the group when it came to playing matchmaker for her brother.

Anyway, when by the end of DP, the animators decided to find a reason to not have Brock return in BW, felt like the series throwing out a key player messed things up quite a bit.  While I'm not sure if I'm the only one to feel this way, yet curious, if anybody else felt disappointed when Brock got cut, or what.

01 June 2017 - 03:28 AM

Cubchoo103

Senior Trainer

• Cubchoo103
Once Misty and Brock left the show died, along with my childhood

;_;

01 June 2017 - 10:36 PM

ahoodedman

Elite Trainer

• ahoodedman

its good they cut him from the show he was starting to get a little stale and it was time to make new charaters.

But a vist from him every once and a while would be great

I can't think of a signature  :(

01 June 2017 - 11:12 PM

Jammer87

Senior Trainer

• Jammer87

The 20th movie, which is the "new" version of the first-ever Pokemon episode(Pokemon! I Choose You), could've gave Brock a comeback opportunity....

But it appears that one can make an observation that TPCi didn't want to pay royalties to the old in the process of making the new, so they may have introduced new characters to fill the void left by his omission in the movie, but such new movie still robs some of the viewers' childhoods in the process by not including Brock...

^ I haven't seen him outside of flashbacks ever since the end of DP's anime arc... well, maybe outside of the Brock & Cilan("BW-XY transition arc")special that Ash did not appear in, as the episode takes place after the Unova League's end and the resulting Ash Pallet return that occurs after every League(except for DP-BW, in which he returned, but we didn't see him do so). So it's only natural that one is displeased about the cut of Brock(and/or Misty, who appeared in the "old" Pokemon! I Choose You, but apparently will not appear at all in the "new" Pokemon! I Choose You) from the future of the pokemon anime series...

^ A decision that I believe could leave some viewers confused... Then again, if the Delta Episode of Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire explains everything regarding alternate universes...

http://support.pokemon.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=15227&redirect=true

^ Something I noticed after the latest patch install...

14 June 2017 - 07:18 PM

QueenSerena

Rookie Trainer

• QueenSerena

I don't think they'll actually bring back Brock now....he has been with Ash for soo long now and they will give other new characters a chance in place of him. :mellow:

But i want Serena back now! :(

~ The Kalos Future Queen Serena! ;) ~

15 June 2017 - 01:51 AM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

I don't think they'll actually bring back Brock now....he has been with Ash for soo long now and they will give other new characters a chance in place of him. :mellow:

And sad thing is for good this time, since last time Brock left, was in the Orange Islands, leaving some unanswered questions involving him and Professor Ivy, while bringing in Tracy, which probably led to a lot of fans demanding Brock's return for Johto.

19 June 2017 - 02:24 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

I think a lot of people forget, though, that Brock is a gym leader.  He has other things to do in his life than run around with some kid who ages as 1/20th the normal rate.  It was really nice having him in the show, and I do miss him- but in the end, he had more important things.

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

21 June 2017 - 01:59 AM

harshu

Elite Trainer

• harshu

I think a lot of people forget, though, that Brock is a gym leader.  He has other things to do in his life than run around with some kid who ages as 1/20th the normal rate.  It was really nice having him in the show, and I do miss him- but in the end, he had more important things.

Thats not true, 1/20th means he would have turned 11 by now o.0 More to me it looks like 1/(infinity) - He just doesn't age even a second after he reached 10 years @_@ .

By the way, Brock is no more a gym leader, he became(was studying at that time ) a Pokemon doctor, after the sinnoh adventures were over.

Probably the MOST HATED WRITER on PTCGO !
If you need any Deck help just visit this thread - The Best Decks in TCG - http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/28694-the-best-decks-in-tcg/
If you are new, and looking for a Beginner's Guide, click the following topic, to get reach to a Helpful Guide. - New Player Guide - http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/31931-new-player-guide/
Click the names, and you can reach those Topics :)

21 June 2017 - 02:06 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Thats not true, 1/20th means he would have turned 11 by now o.0 More to me it looks like 1/(infinity) - He just doesn't age even a second after he reached 10 years @_@ .

By the way, Brock is no more a gym leader, he became(was studying at that time ) a Pokemon doctor, after the sinnoh adventures were over.

pssst- he's 11 now.

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

21 June 2017 - 02:38 AM

harshu

Elite Trainer

• harshu

pssst- he's 11 now.

When did this 'HOLY' thing happen o.0 So you are just saying after travelling 6 regions, ash grew 1 whole year :o Even though there was a short movie stating, ash and pikachu's 1st anniversary in kanto/jhoto region :o

Probably the MOST HATED WRITER on PTCGO !
If you need any Deck help just visit this thread - The Best Decks in TCG - http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/28694-the-best-decks-in-tcg/
If you are new, and looking for a Beginner's Guide, click the following topic, to get reach to a Helpful Guide. - New Player Guide - http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/31931-new-player-guide/
Click the names, and you can reach those Topics :)

21 June 2017 - 07:46 PM

ahoodedman

Elite Trainer

• ahoodedman

When did this 'HOLY' thing happen o.0 So you are just saying after travelling 6 regions, ash grew 1 whole year :o Even though there was a short movie stating, ash and pikachu's 1st anniversary in kanto/jhoto region :o

it said in an episode that a year had past sense he had started

I can't think of a signature  :(

30 June 2017 - 01:33 AM

Jammer87

Senior Trainer

• Jammer87

it said in an episode that a year had past sense he had started

Yeah, at the start of the Viridian City Gym episode: "The Battle of the Badge", or the 63rd episode of the Pokemon OS...

^ FYI: That episode's first US air date occurred 17 years, 9 months, and 4 days ago, AZ time...

http://support.pokemon.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=15227&redirect=true

^ Something I noticed after the latest patch install...

30 June 2017 - 01:45 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Yeah, at the start of the Viridian City Gym episode: "The Battle of the Badge", or the 63rd episode of the Pokemon OS...

^ FYI: That episode's first US air date occurred 17 years, 9 months, and 4 days ago, AZ time...

Ah, but what is time to AZ?  The days, years, and centuries mean nothing; all that matters is that he find his floette...

Yes, I really did just make that pun.  If your ears hurt, don't be ashamed to ice them. :P

30 June 2017 - 03:04 PM

Mod_Alice

Senior Trainer

• Mod_Alice

There's this thing called floating timelines. That's why the characters never age, even if years have passed in-universe. But I do indeed miss Brock.

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

05 July 2017 - 07:34 PM

Deanrona

Senior Trainer

• Deanrona
Brock-"Oh, Domino! So black and white, yet so playful! What do you say we find a place to lie down together and see if we're a match?"

No other character would say this.
78% completed
38 sets completed
My suit is red - my hair is cool - click that like button - if I was helpful.

05 July 2017 - 08:18 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Brock-"Oh, Domino! So black and white, yet so playful! What do you say we find a place to lie down together and see if we're a match?"

No other character would say this.

...He said that?  Ouch.  Which episode was that?

05 July 2017 - 09:44 PM

Deanrona

Senior Trainer

• Deanrona

...He said that? Ouch. Which episode was that?

From the movie Metwo Return. When he was introduced to Domino.

Edited by Deanrona, 05 July 2017 - 09:45 PM.

78% completed
38 sets completed
My suit is red - my hair is cool - click that like button - if I was helpful.

05 July 2017 - 11:49 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

I mean, he has a lot of weird lines, but that one's just disgusting.  Still, I love how he can tell the difference between all the Jennies, even when in the picture he's pointing to, they're all identical. :P