New player

• Please log in to reply

08 May 2017 - 06:48 PM

Peregriino

Rookie Trainer

• Peregriino

I begin some week ago and I have questions about the game.

The firts: I can use the Coins in game for buy what?

08 May 2017 - 10:35 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

The coin can buy you non-tradable packs and decks in the game's shop.  Also, on the pokemon.com, you can buy from a limited range of avatar items.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

09 May 2017 - 12:47 AM

XK920XK

Veteran Trainer

• XK920XK

you can also use your coins to join events, those events will give you tickets and you can join ticket events and get tradable packs.

11 May 2017 - 11:25 PM

Peregriino

Rookie Trainer

• Peregriino

you can also use your coins to join events, those events will give you tickets and you can join ticket events and get tradable packs.

How I know the difference between tradable packs and no tradables?

12 May 2017 - 09:12 AM

rolin4950

Novice Trainer

• rolin4950

The tradeables are marked blue, the no tradables are grey in your collection.

12 May 2017 - 01:03 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

How I know the difference between tradable packs and no tradables?

All the packs, decks, and cards you get for tokens (coins) will not be tradable.

(The Pikachu Avatar Collection items and unopened box ARE tradable, but most people won't want them so don't get them unless you want them or have a trade lined up.)

The pack you get every 5th day login is not tradable.

The packs you get for 12 wins with a purchased deck in Trainer Challenge are not tradable.

The cards and packs you can get as Versus Ladder prizes, and on the Versus Wheel, are very nearly always not tradable.

The packs you win for the knockout challenges are not tradable, unless you win them after reaching level 16.

(Levels are gained by completing challenges.)

The prizes you win in ticket-fee Event tournaments ARE tradable.

Packs, decks, and cards you get from code cards are tradable.

Free codes that you can get various ways give you things that are not tradable. See the newsletter, and a wiki page somewhere.

Tradable things, as rolin4950 said, will be a number in the blue area under them, while tradelocked things will have a number in the gray area.

VERY IMPORTANT when you start caring about this: I said "tradelocked," rather than "not tradable."

The tradelocked number is a total of the items you can't trade at the time. Some of those will be items you have created trades for, when they have not been taken yet. That's to stop you from posting multiple trades for the same card...

BUT you need to keep track of those. Since the card or pack moves from blue to gray, you might think you have more available. When the trade happens later, they'll go away and you'll be back to just the not tradable items.

When you open a pack, the non-tradable ones will be opened first, but there is no warning that that number is only counting ones you have set up trades for, and you'll open tradable ones if you aren't careful.

(I feel there should be separate numbers for these things, and I've said so on occasion.)

Edited by SandaledOtter, 12 May 2017 - 01:04 PM.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

16 December 2017 - 04:46 PM

Mod_GuruLot

• Mod_GuruLot
Hello, 

Thanks for helping new players with their questions! You're awesome!  :)

Best, 
Mod_Gurulot
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

For more help please visit our Help Center to submit a request.

Prior to posting in the forum, please check out the forum rules.