Bug: Mew cannot use Xerneas BREAK Geomacy's

Cards Help Versus Mode

• Please log in to reply

07 May 2017 - 01:58 AM

masteroflyf

Rookie Trainer

• masteroflyf

Last time I was playing, I had a Xeneas Break (82/114 SS) in the Bench and a Mew EX (RC24) with 1 Fairy Energy attached. I was planning on using the Geomancy attack but it didn't appear in the attack list.

Later when I only has Xernes (81/114 SS) Geomancy was available an once I evolved it into Xerneas Break the attack dissapeared.

Can somebody explain this please???

38 percent of all the cards. Good for me!!

Phantom Forces and Steam Siege.

Time 4 Guardians Rising!!!

07 May 2017 - 03:30 AM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

Last time I was playing, I had a Xeneas Break (82/114 SS) in the Bench and a Mew EX (RC24) with 1 Fairy Energy attached. I was planning on using the Geomancy attack but it didn't appear in the attack list.

Later when I only has Xernes (81/114 SS) Geomancy was available an once I evolved it into Xerneas Break the attack dissapeared.

Can somebody explain this please???

Here's the ruling:

Q. Since a BREAK Pokemon "retains the attacks, Abilities, Weakness, Resistance, and Retreat Cost of its previous Evolution" can a Mew EX with the "Versatile" Ability use an attack of the Pokemon that the BREAK Pokemon evolved from (providing it meets energy requirements, etc.)?
A. Yes, it can. The underlying Pokemon's attacks are part of the BREAK Evolved Pokemon and are therefore able to be copied by Versatile. (Dec 3, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

So, yes, it should be able to use the attacks. If it can't, that is a bug.

I think I've seen this here before, but it was a while back.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

08 May 2017 - 12:37 PM

Adhir1995

Elite Trainer

• Adhir1995

By any chance for the first game, how many Pokemon where there on the field? Because mew can possibly use all of their moves, you should check for an arrow at the bottom of the list to see the rest of its usable moves 

12 December 2017 - 07:11 PM

J_C_B

Rookie Trainer

• J_C_B

Sorry to dredge up this old thread, but not sure where to start with this..

I have had trouble with Mew-EX not using the opponent's attacks when using Versatile when Mew-EX has Double Colorless, Counter Energy, and/or rainbow energy attached.

Mew-EX would not display the opponents attacks that required two colorless energy. Tauros GX is one example where none of the attacks were available to the Mew-EX when the Mew had a rainbow energy, a double colorless, and a psychic energy attached all at the same time. It also would not use Zoroark's Mind Jack attack. (I had less prize cards when using the Counter Energy).

With psychic energy attached to the Mew-EX, the opponents attacks do seem to show up for colorless requirements, if enough psychic energy is attached. I haven't tried other energy types.

I looked for an arrow or some indicator of more available attacks, but did not see any indicator.

Edited by J_C_B, 12 December 2017 - 07:58 PM.

14 December 2017 - 01:08 AM

LordKieta

Elite Trainer

• LordKieta

Sorry to dredge up this old thread, but not sure where to start with this..

I have had trouble with Mew-EX not using the opponent's attacks when using Versatile when Mew-EX has Double Colorless, Counter Energy, and/or rainbow energy attached.
Mew-EX would not display the opponents attacks that required two colorless energy. Tauros GX is one example where none of the attacks were available to the Mew-EX when the Mew had a rainbow energy, a double colorless, and a psychic energy attached all at the same time. It also would not use Zoroark's Mind Jack attack. (I had less prize cards when using the Counter Energy).

With psychic energy attached to the Mew-EX, the opponents attacks do seem to show up for colorless requirements, if enough psychic energy is attached. I haven't tried other energy types.

I looked for an arrow or some indicator of more available attacks, but did not see any indicator.

Counter Energy doesn't work on EX/GX Pokemon.

I do NOT check my messages in-game. If you need to talk to me, message me on the forums. 

Visit Violet City Trading Company, Located in In-Game Item Exchange!!! Trade your packs in for our cards! 

15 December 2017 - 07:53 AM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Thanks for the clarification LordKieta.

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

15 December 2017 - 06:05 PM

J_C_B

Rookie Trainer

• J_C_B

Thanks for the reply, Lordkeita. I should have caught that myself, regarding the counter energy.

The double colorless thing though still seemed buggy, however I removed the Mew-ex from the deck because it was a constant Guzma target, and so I haven't experimented with it further to determine if there was still some other problem with the double colorless energy or not. Perhaps it is related to having the Counter Energy on the Mew-EX in combination with the DCE? (I may have attached the Counter Energy so the SM Oranguru could get another card, rather than actually depending on it to actually work on the EX.)

When I get some time, I will pop a couple Mew-Ex back into the deck and see if I can duplicate the problem, save the game log, and report a problem properly now that I see how it should be done.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cards, Help, Versus Mode