Known Gameplay Issues
Last Updated: March 16, 2017
- After successful login, logging out and back in without closing the client will stall the loading bar at 81%
- Changing your system date may disable some sound effects.
- In some very rare cases the contents of the collection may fail to fully load when logging in to the game client after a server update. At this time, the only known solution is a full uninstall and reinstall of the game.
- OSX: Some older installations of the game client may become stuck in an infinite patching loop when attempting to update to the latest game version. This issue can be resolved by completely uninstalling the game client and using the most recent installer file at www.pokemon.com/playtcgo to reinstall the game.
- Sound effects may still continue to play when another window is opened over the game client.
- Trying to reconnect after being disconnected for inactivity stalls the loading bar at 81%
- Windows: Some game files remain in the AppData folder after uninstalling the game client.
- A player's time clock is incorrectly reduced by 2-3 seconds each time their turn ends.
- Each use of an Ability is listed twice in the game log; once as an Ability and once as an attack.
- Players may occasionally get stuck on the "Waiting For Your Opponent To Load The Game" message at the start of a match.
- The Prize card stack can only be inspected while one or more Prize cards is face-up due to a card effect (e.g. Town Map, BKT #150).
- When a single effect allows damage counters to be placed on multiple Pokemon, the game log will only list the last Pokemon selected.
- When affected by an attack which disables one of your Pokémon's attacks, there is no notification of which attack was disabled.
Gameplay: Trainer Challenge
- Booster packs rewards from earning 4 stars on a Trainer Challenge opponent or league are displayed in a Products Redeemed window.
- The booster unlock progress for the Swift Current theme deck does not update after the 12th win.
- Attack buttons on a zoomed Pokemon which are covered by the opened canned chat window can be accessed by clicking on the window's blue background.
- Players may not receive the correct amount rewards from the Versus Ladder.
- Some players may not appear in the Versus Leaderboards Pokemon.com, despite having earned Versus points during the time frame selected.
- After disconnecting from the game during the opening coin flip, reconnecting to the game returns the player to a blank playmat and no further game actions can be taken.
- When a player fails to properly connect to a tournament match, the game client may display a misleading message which instead states that it waiting for the opponent to join the match.
- Some Black & White series theme decks are missing the theme deck-exclusive foil or non-foil version of their cards.
- Some XY series Black Star Promos are incorrectly flagged as Full Art.
- The 'For Trade' tag is not automatically removed from items in the Packs tab after the last owned copy of that item is opened.
- The Pikachu (PR XY202) and Gym Badge (PR XY203-XY210) promos do not appear when the League filter is enabled.
Cards: Deck Manager
- When Gourgeist (PHF #45) is selected in Deck Wizard, no Grass Energy is added to the deck for the Gourgantic Ability.
- Bundle Pack items do not appear in the Create Trade section.
- Options for filtering cards and items in "I Am Giving" while Creating a Trade are inconsistent.
- Rejected private trade offers display a dash, rather than the trade partner's screen name, in the Trade History.
- While creating a trade offer, trade tag buttons are only visible while an item is zoomed.
- The Event Tickets in-app purchase window incorrectly displays the product description for Gems while logged in outside of Canada.
- Secret Rare cards are ignored when determining set completion.
- Accounts that are at or above the maximum number of allowed friends can continue to accept new friend requests.
- Child accounts cannot access the Friends tab until a friend request has been received from another account.
Pokémon TCG Online Associate Producer
The Pokémon Company International
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!