Things would have liked to have seen on the anime

• Please log in to reply

13 March 2017 - 05:56 AM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

Hey folks, with April 1st just less then three weeks away, and marking it as the 20th anniversary of when the pilot episode of Pokemon hit TV screens in Japan, the episode called 'Pokemon, I Choose You,' which is about to have a remake movie made this year, well I'll say this much, amazing how much has changed between then and now, even Ash has gone through a few makeovers himself, despite aging like Bart Simpson, while not sure how much Pikachu has changed.  And one thing can't help but wonder is how much of the message from the original theme has changed over the years, to where the only part that seems to be used is 'to be the best' while 'becoming a Pokémon Master,' and 'To catch them all,' which seemed like the motto at the time, seem to have been dropped.  While not sure if Ash is still trying to become a Pokémon Master, especially if the meaning turns out to be the opposite of when he started out, or if he is just traveling, and checking out the world, while going to school in Alola is just a break from traveling, while not trying to pull off a remake of the Orange Island league.  Anyway, during the whole trip, pretty sure I'm not the only one, but whenever Ash goes to a new location, there always seem to be a list of things would have liked to see, or wished would have happened already, yet so far, learned to accept some of the good things that has happened, while just sucking up over the bad things, along with asking what in the world over things, even 20 years ago, just don't quite sit right with me, and well, I'll save that stuff for a list that I would save for another topic, if I wish to start it in the future.

Well, on to the topic, well, things I would have liked to see is Ash getting more backstory, explaining things that only gets brought up once or twice in the series, or used as a bit of a plot for the movies, like Ash and his ability to use aura, or his connection to legendary and mythical pokemon, that is never explored further, just dropped by the next episode, never to be brought up again.  Another is for Ash to actually keep his promises to his pokemon, like finally returning to the forest outside of Pallet Town and get Pidgeot back, or say, call Anthony and ask for Primeape back, considering that Charizard was able to make a permanent return, those two should as well, along with say, Squirtle.  Lapras would have been a nice bonus.  Would have also liked to see Ash catch a bit more Pokémon, because while I get the whole 'quality over quantity' that Brock and Misty taught him in the first season, some pokemon would have liked to see join him on the trip, like a riolu, just to help add to the whole aura bit, or say, well, might have to re-watch the whole series, although the banned episodes would be out of the equations, to see what other options are available, although Meloetta, yet somehow, there always seems to be a legit reason why he can't catch them, or attempt for another one.

Well, here is a small part, and if anybody wants to share theirs, go ahead, just keep it clean, and moderators are always welcome.

13 March 2017 - 10:55 AM

Mod_Diamond

Novice Trainer

• Mod_Diamond

I myself would have loved to see some characters get more development.  Even the small little people Ash met along his journey that aren't really integral to the story, I would have liked to know about them, what their favorite type of Pokemon was, what their best catch was, etc. I guess I'm just a sucker for the little "forgettable" characters haha.

13 March 2017 - 11:45 PM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

Well, I was tempted to bring up some Pokemon battles I would have liked to see, with Ash mega evolving a few, like say, his Charizard mega evolves into the Y form, and battles Alein's Mega Charizard X in the Kalos League, but instead, well, everybody should know how that went by now.  Anyway, would have liked to see Ash bring in one of his Tauros to battle a Bouffalant, even if Alden's, or say, have Gary drop by to visit Ash in the Unova Region, meets Trip who is still insulting Kanto, and ends up defeating him in a Pokemon battle, with a few Kanto pokemon, just to knock Trip down a few pegs.