Most well animated pokemon battles?

• Please log in to reply

22 January 2017 - 07:12 PM

Endosutra

Veteran Trainer

• Endosutra

Guys, I love smooth animation with a ridiculous framerate... as someone who is a bit of an artist I am picky about that sort of thing. Which pokemon battles (whether it be in the movies/the show etc) would you say are best from an animation standpoint? Basically, I want to see some fluidly animated pokemon battles to kind of fill in the blanks in my mind when it comes to pokemon (I just haven't seen too many) but I don't want to wade through the anime or a lot of dialogue/story, I just don't have the time or resources, I never cared for the animation quality of the regular anime but there are probably a few episodes that they "saved" the animators for and I want to see them. You know what I mean with animes... the "filler" episodes typically get less animation treatment and the big, pivotal episodes get the best treatment/highest frames (usually). So I'd appreciate some recommendations of your favorite as well as best animated battles!

EXAMPLE: That time Brock fights whatshisface in (insert name of pokemon movie/episode number of series here). 

Edited by Endosutra, 22 January 2017 - 07:13 PM.

Member Gen 1? 

Ooh, I memba!

Tourney Record: Gold: 50 Silver: 15 Bronze: 20

I am more offended by censorship than by the thing being censored. 

22 January 2017 - 09:02 PM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

One option I can think of is the two part episode where Ash battles Drake in the Orange Islands, even though his Dragonite seemed severly over powered, it still seemed like an interesting battle.  Another is where Charizard returns to Ash for good in BW, and battles Iris' Dragonite.