Why Does Ash Look More Like a Kid In The Pokemon Sun and Moon Anime?

• Please log in to reply

21 January 2017 - 08:52 PM

Starman_Mars

Rookie Trainer

• Starman_Mars

This has struck me as strange, Why does Ash have more of a childish look in the Sun and Moon anime? :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

21 January 2017 - 09:19 PM

ahoodedman

Elite Trainer

• ahoodedman

they wanted to focus on Japan's audience because in the western people watch it online getting them no money.

Edited by ahoodedman, 21 January 2017 - 09:56 PM.

I can't think of a signature  :(

21 January 2017 - 09:26 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

They didn't so much make him look younger as they did make him look like another person.  This annoys me deeply.  I justify my further lack of participation in the anime. :P

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

21 January 2017 - 10:26 PM

Endosutra

Veteran Trainer

• Endosutra

Well I mean Ash is pretty old at this point right? I mean jeez... does anybody wants to see a full grown man throwing poke balls at animals or rummaging through the tall grass and whatnot? They had no choice but to hit him with the old fountain of youth mechanic. 

Member Gen 1? 

Ooh, I memba!

Tourney Record: Gold: 50 Silver: 15 Bronze: 20

I am more offended by censorship than by the thing being censored. 

21 January 2017 - 10:33 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Well I mean Ash is pretty old at this point right? I mean jeez... does anybody wants to see a full grown man throwing poke balls at animals or rummaging through the tall grass and whatnot? They had no choice but to hit him with the old fountain of youth mechanic. 

Well, no.  He's eleven now, I believe, so...  It's not that he's getting younger; he's just aging really slowly.  But hey, so are Jessie, James, Brock, etc.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

21 January 2017 - 11:05 PM

Endosutra

Veteran Trainer

• Endosutra

Well, no.  He's eleven now, I believe, so...  It's not that he's getting younger; he's just aging really slowly.  But hey, so are Jessie, James, Brock, etc.

I'll admit I never really watched the anime. 11 though? My god what age did he start at? 

Member Gen 1? 

Ooh, I memba!

Tourney Record: Gold: 50 Silver: 15 Bronze: 20

I am more offended by censorship than by the thing being censored. 

21 January 2017 - 11:46 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612
I think it's just a different animation style, and I'm cool with it. I've always had a soft spot for animes that use a more experimental or artsy style than what's considered to be the typical anime look in the western world, and I think that the animation for SM is actually quite pretty.

I dunno, for al the flack people gave the series after looking at the trailers, I think it's done a beautiful job so far.

I don't really think they are focusing too much on the younger audience. Satoshi may look a bit younger but that's whatever imo. The art looks like something that the ex studio Gainax would have aproved of, and I love the stuff done by Gainax so this amazing xD remember that pokemon lives off the fresh blood as much as it lives off the nostalgia of us old timers.

22 January 2017 - 03:19 AM

KaiLaSo

Senior Trainer

• KaiLaSo

I think it's just a different animation style, and I'm cool with it. I've always had a soft spot for animes that use a more experimental or artsy style than what's considered to be the typical anime look in the western world, and I think that the animation for SM is actually quite pretty.

I dunno, for al the flack people gave the series after looking at the trailers, I think it's done a beautiful job so far.

I don't really think they are focusing too much on the younger audience. Satoshi may look a bit younger but that's whatever imo. The art looks like something that the ex studio Gainax would have aproved of, and I love the stuff done by Gainax so this amazing xD remember that pokemon lives off the fresh blood as much as it lives off the nostalgia of us old timers.

Actually , the Ash from Sun and Moon looks a lot like a kid compared to the Ash from XYZ. The Ash from XYZ looks very mature 

22 January 2017 - 03:38 AM

KaiLaSo

Senior Trainer

• KaiLaSo

I'll admit I never really watched the anime. 11 though? My god what age did he start at? 

If I remember correctly , Ash begins his journey at 10 and not 11 .

Edited by KaiLaSo, 22 January 2017 - 03:39 AM.

22 January 2017 - 03:41 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

If I remember correctly , Ash begins his journey at 10 and not 11 but has not aged since then

Yes.  It was pretty much his tenth birthday when he left Pallet Town, and he was still Ten when given his Unova League trainer card, and still considered ten in XY.  From what I have heard, though, he is now eleven in S&M.  Couldn't swear to it, though.  Like I said, it pains me to watch anything after Hoenn, and I have trouble forcing myself to watch the Kalos series.

26 January 2017 - 04:19 PM

pikachoose2

Junior Trainer

• pikachoose2

Yes. It was pretty much his tenth birthday when he left Pallet Town, and he was still Ten when given his Unova League trainer card, and still considered ten in XY. From what I have heard, though, he is now eleven in S&M. Couldn't swear to it, though. Like I said, it pains me to watch anything after Hoenn, and I have trouble forcing myself to watch the Kalos series.

Ash  rips team flare aided by the gym leaders and his companions in xy&z(I have watched it).
Well at least ash gets a Z-ring in sun and moon(even though he should of had a mega ring in the Kalos series).

Edited by pikachoose2, 26 January 2017 - 04:22 PM.