simplynich

Webcam unable to use

simplynich

Hi there,

I'm using a logitech c922 webcam however the game doesn't detect my webcam and I can't use it to redeem codes. My girlfriend has the exact same webcam as mine but her game is able to use her webcam whereas mine doesn't work.

Checked that I allow applications to use my webcam, no firewall blocking. 

Please help!!!

• Upvote 1

Mod_Rowan
Hi, simplynich!

I suggest that you send a ticket to the support team so they can investigate this matter further. To submit a ticket, simply click the link in my signature, sign in, and click "Ask a Question".

Thank you for your patience and I do hope the support team will help you soon!

Shadoe-Delgado

Hi there,

I'm using a logitech c922 webcam however the game doesn't detect my webcam and I can't use it to redeem codes. My girlfriend has the exact same webcam as mine but her game is able to use her webcam whereas mine doesn't work.

Checked that I allow applications to use my webcam, no firewall blocking. 

Please help!!!

Did you ever get help for this? I have the same problem with the same camera. 

Edited by Shadoe-Delgado

RobRatt

I also have an external Logitech webcam for scanning code cards.  And the first thing you need to recognize is that the problem is with the webcam's software, and not with PTCGO.

I've had to do it a couple different ways, before and after I updated Logitech's driver software.

First of all, yours may be different, but I use mine on an HP laptop that comes with a built-in webcam.  Problem is that it's not high enough resolution, or focuses too slowly to work with QR codes.  After trying to get it working, with the YouCam software that came with my system, I went out and bought the external Logitech.

When initially installed a couple years ago, before I updated Logitech's driver software, I had to go into the settings of YouCam (HP's built-in software), and make sure that the external webcam took focus (a one-time setting change).  When I plugged in the USB webcam, it would start it's own driver.  And then I had to start up YouCam every time before using PTCGO.  Then I would start up the game, and it worked fine.

After I updated Logitech's driver software, it became completely different.  Their newer software (more than a year ago) no longer includes a driver that automatically loads.  You have to start up their software manually.  After an update, I ended up deleting (uninstalling) the YouCam software, because it caused a conflict, and I would never use the crappy built-in webcam anyway.  I think updating the built-in YouCam software is what created this conflict.  So then, with the new Logitech software alone, I discovered that it could NOT be running when I tried to use PTCGO's QR Reader.  If Logitech's software is running, the game just gives a black screen.

I hope this explanation isn't too muddled.  Feel free to ask for clarification.

Edited by RobRatt

Mod_Lyam

Hi Shadoe-Delgado,

Please submit a ticket by clicking the link [to the support portal] in my signature, signing in on the top right side of the page, then selecting the relevant category and clicking Contact Us.

Thank you!