Sign in to follow this  
xenu1204

Can't get 4 stars vs trainers on gold

xenu1204

I'm not sure why but I'm no longer earning stars for wins in trainer challenge gold. Some of the trainers have 3 2 or 1 star, but wins no longer go to the next level. Is there something I'm missing?

Sakura150612

Are you making sure to beat each trainer with a different deck every time?

For  example, If you beat Zach with Crushing Current for the first time, you will advance a star. If you beat Zach again with Crushing Current though, you will not advance. When you beat Zach with a different deck (say, Hidden Depths) you will advance another star.

Basically, to obtain all 3 starts for a trainer you must beat it with 3 different decks. The game keeps track of which decks you've used already to beat each trainer. When you have a particular deck selected, a big green check appears besides the name of the trainer (approximately on the upper right hand corner of the trophy image).

If this wasn't it then let us know to see what we can do.

xenu1204

Are you making sure to beat each trainer with a different deck every time?

For  example, If you beat Zach with Crushing Current for the first time, you will advance a star. If you beat Zach again with Crushing Current though, you will not advance. When you beat Zach with a different deck (say, Hidden Depths) you will advance another star.

Basically, to obtain all 3 starts for a trainer you must beat it with 3 different decks. The game keeps track of which decks you've used already to beat each trainer. When you have a particular deck selected, a big green check appears besides the name of the trainer (approximately on the upper right hand corner of the trophy image).

If this wasn't it then let us know to see what we can do.

Aw shoot that's it, guess I have to save my coins for another deck to get the 4th star then. Thanks!

Sakura150612

Aw shoot that's it, guess I have to save my coins for another deck to get the 4th star then. Thanks!

No problem :) One tip though, the default decks are pretty good for completing these challenges (Hidden Depths, Crushing Current and Born of Fire). In the last patch they were changed/nerfed, but as far as playing against the AI goes they are still definitely good.

It might be a good idea to use them too if you haven't unlocked them, since they are still good for PvP. After beating 7 different trainers with each of those they become available for VS under the Theme category. Do note as well that these 3 default decks are initially incomplete, and gain new cards for every new win against the AI (up until the 7th win when they become complete).

If you're planning in investing on a deck from the shop, in my opinion the ones that are worth it the most right now are Ring of Lightning and Gears of Fire. I personally have had a lot of success with Ring of Lightning. Battle Ruler is also a really good deck that's definitely worth the buy. While Night Striker is marked as "Staff Pick" I don't think it's up to par with the other 3 I mentioned, but it could be worth buying eventually. If you do buy one, my personal suggestion would be to go for Ring of Lightning first.

MrSchnibli

I got a deck by a daily reward. Why I can not use it in the challenges for the fourth star?

Sakura150612

I got a deck by a daily reward. Why I can not use it in the challenges for the fourth star?

Did you make sure to follow the advice up above? If you're playing with the same deck against the same trainers you won't progress to the next star.

• Upvote 1

ahoodedman

you need a win with 4 different decks

• Upvote 1

MrSchnibli

Did you make sure to follow the advice up above? If you're playing with the same deck against the same trainers you won't progress to the next star.

Every coach has 3 stars.I have used the three decks 12 times each time. Do I have to buy a fourth deck with the coins?

Can I use this for the fourth star then?

SandaledOtter

That one and another you can get by redeeming a code are not allowed there. The why is... "just because,"as far as I know.

You'll need to save 500 tokens and get a deck from the shop. All that is free, it's just a matter of playing. Even if you lose, do some versus challenges using the theme decks you have, and you should be able to get a new one in a few days or a week.

• Upvote 2

Sakura150612

Every coach has 3 stars.I have used the three decks 12 times each time. Do I have to buy a fourth deck with the coins?

Can I use this for the fourth star then?

Pretty much, yes. It's worth it though. When you complete the 4th star you get a tradelocked pack, and when you complete all the 4th stars for a League you get 3 more. So by completing all the 4th stars you'll get 45 random tradelocked packs.

My personal recommendation would be to buy the deck Ring of Lightning. It seems to be one of the best performing Theme decks so you'll also be using it in PvP.

Other good alternatives are Gears of Fire, Battle Ruler or any of the Sun and Moon decks.

• Upvote 1

MrSchnibli

That one and another you can get by redeeming a code are not allowed there. The why is... "just because,"as far as I know.

You'll need to save 500 tokens and get a deck from the shop. All that is free, it's just a matter of playing. Even if you lose, do some versus challenges using the theme decks you have, and you should be able to get a new one in a few days or a week.

Thank you for the answer! :D

MrSchnibli

Pretty much, yes. It's worth it though. When you complete the 4th star you get a tradelocked pack, and when you complete all the 4th stars for a League you get 3 more. So by completing all the 4th stars you'll get 45 random tradelocked packs.

My personal recommendation would be to buy the deck Ring of Lightning. It seems to be one of the best performing Theme decks so you'll also be using it in PvP.

Other good alternatives are Gears of Fire, Battle Ruler or any of the Sun and Moon decks.

Thank you! :D

Lucasrogerio

I have 3 stars with all trainers in the Gold, but im dont reciving the 4th star. I need buy another Theme Deck? I just have the 3 starter decks

Sakura150612

I have 3 stars with all trainers in the Gold, but im dont reciving the 4th star. I need buy another Theme Deck? I just have the 3 starter decks

Yup. You're gonna need to buy a Theme Deck. The ones I always suggest to new players are Ring of Lightning, Gears of Fire, Battle Ruler and the 3 new Sun and Moon decks.

From the former 3, Ring of Lightning is the one I personally use the most. As of late though, I've been using the Sun and Moon decks a lot and all 3 of them are great. My personal favorite so far is Bright Tide though.

Any of these 6 Theme Decks will allow you to conplete the 4th star and they are all excellebt picks for playing in PvP as well.

• Upvote 1

Lucasrogerio

Yup. You're gonna need to buy a Theme Deck. The ones I always suggest to new players are Ring of Lightning, Gears of Fire, Battle Ruler and the 3 new Sun and Moon decks.

From the former 3, Ring of Lightning is the one I personally use the most. As of late though, I've been using the Sun and Moon decks a lot and all 3 of them are great. My personal favorite so far is Bright Tide though.

Any of these 6 Theme Decks will allow you to conplete the 4th star and they are all excellebt picks for playing in PvP as well.

Thanks a lot !! But i dont understand how i take 4th star vs the first trainer.

Thanks for the help.

Sakura150612

No problem :)

mattymatny

Hate to grave dig someone else's post, but this answer and the question that spawned it should be pinned somewhere to make it easier for new users to find. Had to do a bit of digging around to find this answer.

SandaledOtter

Hate to grave dig someone else's post, but this answer and the question that spawned it should be pinned somewhere to make it easier for new users to find. Had to do a bit of digging around to find this answer.

Well then, I'll have to echo Sakura's recommendations. The Sun & Moon, Steam Siege, and Fates Collide decks are popular and should get you going.

Eishiba

I found the fire decks to be terrible. The water decks were pretty good. The greninja deck was probably the best.

Sign in to follow this