Startropic1

Theme Decks Not Showing Up In Trainer Challenge (And Other TC Issues)

Startropic1

I've recently started playing the PC version of TCO and I'm missing several decks from the Trainer Challenge section.

1. I have several themed decks, but the only one showing up is my Mewtwo Mayhem deck.  (The other decks I have that are missing are Mental Might & Rallying Cry )

2. Apparently I'm supposed to have Red,Green, & Blue decks?  This isn't the case for me.  I have Red (fire), Yellow (Electric), and Blue (Water.)

What is going on here?  :huh:

graywh

1. Mental Might and Rallying Cry cannot be used in Trainer Challenge

2. If you've recently started (after Sept 26), you won't have the old XY Red, Green, and Blue decks.

Startropic1

1. Mental Might and Rallying Cry cannot be used in Trainer Challenge

2. If you've recently started (after Sept 26), you won't have the old XY Red, Green, and Blue decks.

Are there any other themed decks prohibited from Trainer Challenge?

The deck system is such a mess, especially for those two.  You can't use them in Trainer Challenge and you can't use them in VS unless you clone them first. 

Edited by Startropic1

SandaledOtter

Are there any other themed decks prohibited from Trainer Challenge?

The deck system is such a mess, especially for those two.  You can't use them in Trainer Challenge and you can't use them in VS unless you clone them first. 

Only those two, AFAIK.

They can be used in VS Theme, just not VS Expanded/Unlimited. Though as you point out they ARE legal there if you clone them.

For whatever reason, none of the theme decks are usable outside theme play except as clones.

A tip though: they are really weak outside theme.

It might just be like that to keep new players from getting beaten too badly in an Expanded tourney.

Edited by SandaledOtter

Masao114

Is BW basic Orange also illegal is Trainer challenge? I have one & it doesn't show up there either.

Also, cloning "Mental Might" doesn't let it be used in my case. what's the deal there? 

Sakura150612

Is BW basic Orange also illegal is Trainer challenge? I have one & it doesn't show up there either.

Also, cloning "Mental Might" doesn't let it be used in my case. what's the deal there?

Not sure about BW Orange because I don't have it myself. As for Mental Might, are you trying to use it in the Standard format? If that's the case, the reason it doesn't show up is because most of Mental Might's cards have already rotated out of Standard a long time ago. If you were to clone this deck, you would only be able to use it in Expanded.

That said, I highly recommend that you don't clone Mental Might to use it in Expanded. The deck is already a mess in its own format (Theme), so it's even worse in Expanded. Go look at some of the recent activity in our forum and you'll find a couple of discussions on the best Theme Decks currently. I'd suggest that you buy one of the better Theme Decks available for 500 tokens and use thay for a while. Relentless Flame, Torrential Cannon and Blazing Volcano are pretty good right now.

Some of these decks can later be cloned to make decent Standard decks. But for the time being just play the Theme format.