Known Game Issues
Last Updated: June 20, 2016
- 2016 League Break Season Deck Box displays as default Deck Box on the Play Mat
- An error may occur when attempting to uninstall the game via the Control Panel when installed in any language other than English. Running the Installer and selecting "Uninstall" will resolve the issue.
- Cards in the XY Trainer Kit may not be sorted properly in the hand.
- Decks may fail to load properly for any account that was logged in to the game during a game server update. Using the Exit Game option to completely close the client should resolve this issue for subsequent logins.
- Errata is applied but not displayed for older prints of cards such as Rare Candy and Pokémon Catcher.
- For systems with multiple monitors, the game client always launches on the leftmost monitor rather than the primary monitor.
- PC: Uninstalling the 2.36 game client does not remove the card cache from the user's computer. These files can be manually removed by deleting the Pokémon TCG Online folder from C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Unity\WebPlayer\Cache.
- Separate filters for HeartGold & SoulSilver and Black & White series promo cards are not available.
- Sound effects may still continue to play when another window is opened over the game client.
- The Dragon Vault logo is not displayed on promo Dragon Vault cards.
- The "NEW!" icon may be cut off or missing letters in some areas of the game.
- A player's time clock is incorrectly reduced by 2-3 seconds each time their turn ends.
- Abilities are not consistently displayed in the game log when activated.
- Animations for Trainer cards that affect other cards in play are displayed in the wrong order.
- Conceding during the opponent's turn may end the match before the end of their turn.
- Disconnection may occur while making selections in the card selection window.
- Foil effects may not be displayed properly while zooming in on a card during a match.
- General: Abilities and effects which depend on a certain Pokémon being Active are checked in the middle of Active Pokémon promotion.
- General: When Energy is attached to the Active Pokémon, a positive status marker may appear on Benched Pokémon with attacks which calculate damage based on Energy attached to them.
- iOS: The inactivity popup does not appear prior to the opening coin flip of a match.
- Mechanically identical cards from different expansions are not consolidated when stacked view is enabled.
- Multiple instances of an Abilitiy that adds an Energy type to other Pokémon do not properly reapply after one of the Pokémon with that Ability is Knocked Out.
- On Mac computers, Mission Control cannot be activated while in Full Screen mode.
- Poké-Powers are listed as attacks in the game log.
- Sending a Pokémon to the Lost Zone causes other cards in the Lost Zone to disappear briefly.
- The confirmation pop-up does not appear if using a Trainer card to draw a new hand would result in having a smaller hand.
- The Energy selection prompt for Energy Switch (HS #91, BLW #94, LTR #112, FFI #89, RSK #109, GEN #61) obstructs choices when the Active Pokémon is Confused.
- The game ends on a player's next turn when a win condition is met between turns, causing games to stall when a Poisoned Pokémon is Knocked Out to meet win conditions.
- The game log entry damage from an attack appears before the entry for the use of that attack.
- The Pokémon League logo does not display when zooming in on a card or viewing it in the discard pile.
- The Prize card stack can only be inspected while one or more Prize cards is face-up due to a card effect (e.g. Town Map, BKT #150).
- The status effect indicator is not consistently present for effects on the player.
- When a Pokémon is Confused and under an additional effect which requires a successful coin flip to attack, the coin flip for the Confused condition occurs but is not displayed.
- When affected by an attack which disables one of your Pokémon's attacks, there is no notification of which attack was disabled.
- The click and drag functionality may not consistently function in a selection window.
Gameplay: Trainer Challenge
- AI Trainers will not attack a Pokémon if it has an Ability that reduces damage taken.
- Ella uses Boldore's (PHF #49) Core Heal attack when it has no damage counters on it.
- HGSS Basic Theme Decks are sometimes not unlocked after 7 wins.
- Systems with dedicated graphics memory that is less than 256MB may crash when selecting Rika, Otis, or Daniel in the City Championship league.
- The AI may use AZ (PHF #91, #117) with only one Pokémon in play.
- The AI will not use Golbat's (PHF #32) Swoop Across attack if the Defending Pokémon has an effect which reduces or prevents damage done to it.
- Zach does not use Unfezant's (ROS #81) Sky Attack attack when adequate Energy is attached to it.
- Decks are not ordered in a discernable fashion.
- Clicking the Cancel button while searching for a Ranked match does not consistently cancel the matchmaking process.
- The Notifications count remains on the chat tab after a Tournament lobby has been closed.
- The tutorial's Play button can become non-responsive after losing connection during a tutorial match. Closing and relaunching the game client resolves this issue.
- Black Star Promo versions of Pokémon Prime cards do not appear when the Prime filter is enabled.
- Default deck boxes appear when checking "Show Not Owned".
- Mega Pokémon are filtered as Stage 1 Pokémon.
- Search terms for Mega and Primal Pokémon-EX are not consistent in the German client.
- Some Black & White series theme decks are missing the theme deck-exclusive foil or non-foil version of their cards.
- Some cards foil effects are visually less radiant than intended.
- The collector number, rarity, and expansion symbol on Pokémon BREAK cards are obscured by the trade tags. This information can be viewed by switching to List View.
- The Pikachu Collection Electric Shirt shows the image for the Charizard Collection Stoke Jacket.
- The Pokémon, Trainer, and Energy tabs do not display an error message when a search returns no results.
- The quantity for items in the Packs tab is not displayed when navigating from the Pokémon, Trainer, or Energy tabs while in Tile View.
- Trade tags can be applied to theme decks, though theme deck trading is currently disabled.
- When scrolling through cards in zoomed view, the foil effect from certain cards remains on screen.
Cards: Deck Manager
- Deck Wizard sometimes adds Forest of Giant Plants (AOR #74) to decks with no Grass-type Pokémon.
- In Deck Wizard, Dimension Valley (PHF #93) may be added to decks with no Psychic-type Pokémon.
- In Deck Wizard, Rough Seas (PRC #137) may be added to decks with no Water- or Lighting-type Pokémon.
- Some cards are incorrectly marked as not legal in the Standard format in the Convert Deck to Standard window.
- The collector number for cards from the Generations expansion's Radiant Collection sub-set are not displayed properly in an exported deck list.
- The Deck Wizard may add a Spirit Link card to a deck without also including the corresponding Pokémon-EX.
- The HS: Basic Yellow deck is not legal for use in the Theme Deck format.
- The Pick Random option in the Deck Wizard may attempt to add more than 4 copies of a card to the deck.
- The Print Deck and Import Deck features do not function properly with decks that contain XY series promo cards.
- Total amount of cards owned is displayed instead of the total cards in the deck when the Converting to Standard Deck option is selected.
- Unowned cards in a deck are not identified in the Save Deck or View Deck popups.
- When Gourgeist (PHF #45) is selected in Deck Wizard, no Grass Energy is added to the deck for the Gourgantic Ability.
- No results are displayed when the Parallel Foil filter is selected.
- Rejected private trade offers display a dash, rather than the trade partner's screen name, in the Trade History.
- Sorting by Set, Card Number when creating a trade does not show sets in the proper order.
- The For Trade tag is not consistently removed when the number of tradable and trade locked copies of an item remaining in the collection is 0.
- The Friend Trade preference is used for all trades if it has a more restrictive setting than the Public Trade preference.
- The Invalid Filters message sometimes appears when a filtered search produces valid results
- The quantity field does not display properly when more than 99 copies of an item are included in a trade offer.
- While creating a trade offer, trade tag buttons are only visible while an item is zoomed.
- Inconsistent order when sorting items by "Lowest Gem Cost".
- Rallying Cry Theme Deck redemptions do not display properly for some players.
- Avatar: The skin color under the Team Aqua Trainer Set shirt (female) does not match the avatar skin color.
- The Black & White—Plasma Blast expansion may be listed under Complete Sets despite not owning some cards in this set.
- The Black Star Promos thumbnail image is displayed as a white box in Completed Sets of the Collection Stats tab.
- Knocking Out Robo Substitute (PHF #102) inconsistently counts toward Challenge progress.
- Friend requests that are rejected during the current session are not removed from the sender's Friends tab until the next session.
- In-game "Report a Player" function displaying errors after report submission.
- The Social menu does not automatically switch to the Chat tab when the Private Message option is selected in the Friends tab.
- On Mac computers, switching between Windowed and Full Screen modes during a match can cause graphical issues.
Pokémon TCG Online Associate Producer
The Pokémon Company International
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!