Suggestions and other feedback

• Please log in to reply

28 March 2011 - 10:23 AM

yelsha

Junior Trainer

• yelsha
a) there really needs to be a seperate forum for this (the forums are getting quite cluttered ^^)

B) should suggestions and similar be sent to the support email as well? What about AI improvement?

Anyway my suggestions would be the following:

-Choosing which cards to remove from your deck when receiving new cards.

-Forum section for bugs: I know the mods are trying to push for emailing support, but to me a forum section makes more sense - people seem more comfortable with it, and you guys don't end up with 50 emails of the same bug. Also removes clutter from general discussion forums.

-FAQ needs a section for people to post questions, which can then be answered in the FAQ. Again this would help tidy the forum ^^

Also I'm not sure if this classifies as a bug or not, but AI improvement - I'm playing Tyson round 7 of Gold League. He's using Hariyama&******* and he has 4 energies on it. My pokemon only has 60 HP, but Tyson uses Hariyama's Backward Belt Throw, adding 20 damage onto the already substantial 80 and damaging himself. However his first attack, Hammer In, would have been enough to knock me out - he didn't need to add extra damage.

[img]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm71/yelsha42/Hariyamabeta.png[/img]

117th World Championships 2012
4th Ranked in Asia Pacific 2012
Pokemon Professor, Premier Tournament Organiser & League Owner x5

28 March 2011 - 02:29 PM

Guest__*
  • Guest__*
The AI doesn't seem very intelligent indeed, but all in all, I think it's a good start.

In other news: The Breaking Wave (Water type) deck is pretty much "easy mode". It gets Engineer's Adjustments and Poke Ball, making it much more consistent than the other decks, and the AI doesn't know how to deal with bench hitters like Vaporeon and Kingdra. I suggest slight upgrades (especially in terms of draw/search cards) to all other decks, including the non-player character's decks. That would make gameplay somewhat less luck-based, and, in my opinion, more enjoyable.

Not sure if this is the right topic for posting the above, my apologies if it's not.

28 March 2011 - 05:29 PM

LordFamine

Rookie Trainer

• LordFamine
I agree with the bug forums. Just because I get on the forums and would be nice to report the bugs then continue viewing the forums without having to send a email off the site.

And the AI's do use abilities not needed for a knock out would b nice if they could make them so they dont always use their strongest ability.

28 March 2011 - 08:43 PM

88Titan88

Rookie Trainer

• 88Titan88
I've never seen the AI retreat any Pokémon. That could be worked on too.

28 March 2011 - 09:47 PM

dragonlife29

Rookie Trainer

• dragonlife29
Speaking of the AI, I JUST got done playing a match against **** in the Diamond League. The beginning just kept going on FOREVER (It was actually kinda awesome, though, haha). He started with a Phanpy and I started with a Hoothoot.

Hoothoot has -20 Fighting resistance and the Phanpy only had an attack that did 10 damage. He NEVER attacked and, as per AI fashion, he put a ton of Bench Pokemon down. I only used Hypnosis because I did not draw ANY Energy cards for a while. Eventually I got some good stuff so I kept buying time by using Hypnosis until I could evolve all my Bench Pokemon (AI did the same) and this is how it went for 40 turns. That is not a joke.

I won my last prize card after the AI drew its last card from its deck! So, yeah, I agree that the AI should definitely get better about retreating. I was getting pretty nervous, though, because I didn't want to draw my last card without having won all my prize cards.

28 March 2011 - 10:45 PM

Mod_Jaqq

Rookie Trainer

• Mod_Jaqq
Hey friends,

We definitely appreciate the feedback that we're receiving from all of you. I personally guarantee that we ARE keeping track of all of these comments, if you can believe it! We take these sort of insights seriously. This game is here because of your support, and it's going to only get even better with it too!

We agree on the BUG Forums, too, and it is certainly something we are working on implementing soon. Who doesn't like a nice, clean forum? I know I do! Once we work it out, our players will start to see these changes you've asked for start to surface.

You guys are rockstars. Keep up the hard work! We appreciate it and hope you're having fun, too! All work and no play...

Jaqq[/b]

Forum Knight

"A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack."

Prof_Jaqq
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
"A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack."

Need help from the support team? Visit the [url="http://www.pokemon.com/support"]support portal[/url] and submit a ticket!

29 March 2011 - 12:03 AM

JynxJester

Rookie Trainer

• JynxJester

You guys are rockstars.

[img]http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz175/trydentknight/Solrock.png[/img]

Rockstar?

On subject, the AI's with me always seem to make stupid moves too. Like when they use a card that can switch one of my active pokemon with a benched one; they tend to pick pokemon that arn't very useful to them (like a pokemon I've been building up) or when I do have a pokemon that can beat that pokemon they choose not to use that move anymore and just keep that pokemon there... it really makes no sense how they think (or don't in this matter)

29 March 2011 - 12:28 AM

stupendoussteve

Rookie Trainer

• stupendoussteve
One suggestion I have is maybe putting a number next to each players deck to show how many cards are left. I have found myself wondering a couple of times how close I am to decking myself.

29 March 2011 - 01:12 AM

GreenHattedHero

Rookie Trainer

• GreenHattedHero
some times on my turn my bench will get really big n i cant do nothing. like i get stuck. its only on my turn this happens but yeah like my bench will get big so i can see them really good and ill click on the card but it wont do anything and i will click off the cards and all over and nothing happens the cards stay big i cant do anything and the box thing on the side says things i can do is wait but i can wait all day and still nothing happens i have to quit the game all and restart a whole new match when this happens other then that this is a awesome great wonderful game and i love it

29 March 2011 - 03:14 AM

Maedhros

Rookie Trainer

• Maedhros
I agree with the bug report being on the forum, it's so much better than sending an e-mail... just make a fixed topic with the format for it to being posted and you guys are good to go... let one moderator being responsible for collecting the bugs being posted there and sending them to the support.

29 March 2011 - 07:05 AM

yelsha

Junior Trainer

• yelsha
What would be great is a save feature - so if you need to leave your computer, you can save and not lose your progress in the middle of your match.

117th World Championships 2012
4th Ranked in Asia Pacific 2012
Pokemon Professor, Premier Tournament Organiser & League Owner x5