[CARD] general - EXP share not working

Cards Versus Mode PC

• Please log in to reply

23 April 2016 - 10:39 PM

jcgss77

Expert Trainer

• jcgss77

I was playing in the Legacy format and had a Sableye with a dark energy attached, with a Mewtwo EX on the bench with a dark energy attached and equipped with an EXP share.  The Sableye was KO'd, and the energy went to the discard pile.

I remember this issue existed before, why is this happening again?  As a matter of fact, why do old bugs reappear?  These simple gameplay issues are getting old devs.

23 April 2016 - 11:57 PM

FlaFlaPT

Senior Trainer

• FlaFlaPT

Was it ko'ed by an attack or by an ability ?

Check out The Guru Cave Trading Company for cheap cards and a fast reliable service! Opens June 9th, don't miss out on the biggest deals of your life!

24 April 2016 - 07:18 AM

Bibke

Novice Trainer

• Bibke

exp share works fine, you have to know the pokemon needs to be killed by 'the damage of an attack' this does not include stuff like burn/ poison or any other effect then straight up damage killing that pokemon.

28 May 2016 - 03:13 PM

Mod_Equox

Trainer

• Mod_Equox

Hi jcgss77,

As mentioned, this may have been functioning as intended, but it would be incredibly helpful if you could submit your game log to us via support ticket if you experience this again. You can save the game log from your match by clicking the Social Menu, clicking the Game Log tab, and clicking "Export". This will copy it to your Clipboard where you can paste it into a .txt file and attach it to your ticket. You can create a ticket by clicking the link in my signature, signing in, and clicking "Ask a Question".

Moderator Equox
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

02 June 2018 - 11:16 PM

Zakerath

Rookie Trainer

• Zakerath

I had the exp. share not work as expected because the active pokemon was knocked out by gengar's Creep Show move. The thing is the move shows damage being added as a result of damage from an opponents pokemon's attack (shown as 130 damage on my volcanion before being considered knocked out). I get it's not a standard damage move but it still adds damage counters until the pokemon is knocked out. 

03 June 2018 - 04:17 AM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

It's because Creep Show doesn't cause damage.  When Exp.Share says "...Knocked Out by damage from an opponent's attack," it means direct damage from the attack, not damage counters added by the attack. Creep Show causes a knock-out, but that effect isn't normal damage, or things that prevent damage would stop it.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

05 June 2018 - 07:23 AM

Mod_Vengr

• Mod_Vengr

Thank you for weighing in on this, SandaledOtter.

I am also editing the title of this thread to match the format used in this sub.

Moderator Vengr
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

"I see now that one's birth is irrelevant, it is what you do, that determines who you are" - Mewtwo

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cards, Versus Mode, PC