Regarding Android Phones

• Please log in to reply

04 September 2017 - 03:43 PM

Mikelesso

Rookie Trainer

• Mikelesso

Please consult, on the old PC and my tablet, the shiny cards are full of pink and I can not see everything written on them. Does any codec like that or what?

Please consult, on the old PC and my tablet, the shiny cards are full of pink and I can not see everything written on them. Does any codec like that or what?

01 November 2017 - 09:27 PM

heplo877

Rookie Trainer

• heplo877
Everybody calm down. They are fixing the issue. Just give it some time and it'll be done.

01 November 2017 - 09:30 PM

Timsworld

Novice Trainer

• Timsworld

Everybody calm down. They are fixing the issue. Just give it some time and it'll be done.

Yeah right. Keep on telling yourself that pal. Living the dream I see.

Tim

20 November 2017 - 08:31 PM

VukAndreas

Rookie Trainer

• VukAndreas

u

How and where did you get the apk file dude?

Search on google, but find a site you trust.

14 December 2017 - 04:47 AM

UltraDodongo

Rookie Trainer

• UltraDodongo
How can you say only for tablets? I had it downloaded on my s8+ for a couple of weeks now. It was running smoothly with no issues until this update when you take it away from me.

14 December 2017 - 09:23 PM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

How can you say only for tablets? I had it downloaded on my s8+ for a couple of weeks now. It was running smoothly with no issues until this update when you take it away from me.

Hey there UltraDodongo!

Currently the game is only supported on tablets and computer systems. Did you download the game previously through the app store? Or did you install the game through another method? If you managed to install the game outside of the app store this method is not supported. That could be why you are running into an issue with the newest update. 

Moderator RedDragon
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

28 December 2017 - 12:30 AM

LordValdyr

Rookie Trainer

• LordValdyr

I downloaded the game through the play store and I've had no issues, now apparently my device is no longer supported. Thanks for removing my capacity to play this game I love that worked without issue. Thank you for excluding me and many others. Thank you for in essence making the game no longer free to play as now I would have to buy a tablet and pay for an additional monthly data plan just to play this game.

28 December 2017 - 01:27 AM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

I downloaded the game through the play store and I've had no issues, now apparently my device is no longer supported. Thanks for removing my capacity to play this game I love that worked without issue. Thank you for excluding me and many others. Thank you for in essence making the game no longer free to play as now I would have to buy a tablet and pay for an additional monthly data plan just to play this game.

Hey there LordValdyr!

I am sorry that your device is no longer supported. I can totally understand how that can be frustrating. At the moment smart phones are not officially supported. You can check out the minimum requirements for each system by checking out this link here. I also included TPCi_Samhayne's explanation below as to why Android smart phones are not supported at this time. I hope his explanation offers some insight.

Officially, the Android version of the Pokémon TCG Online is currently for Tablets.

We certainly understand the desire for phone versions of the game. We want to play on our phones too. 

The game was originally designed for a robust (wifi or wired) data connection on a PC.  The game has not been optimized for use over a limited cellular connection, that players on a smartphone might expect. Also, there are user interface considerations that could be optimized for smaller smartphone screens. For these reasons, any device that Google Play considers a “phone” is not currently enabled to download the game. If Google Play views your device as a "phone" it will come back with "your device is not compatible" and you will not be able to install the app from Google Play.

Those are the official reasons for the game being labeled as tablet only. Hopefully that helps at least understand why it is as it currently is.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Moderator RedDragon

24 January 2018 - 11:22 PM

Mikey2toes2017

Rookie Trainer

• Mikey2toes2017

hi i have the app on my tablet and it works fine but thats only because its a 400 euro tablet. i went to install it on my laptop which you say it was designed for and i cant even play it. im getting the server is unavailable or network issue. i have tried all the tricks on this forum yet i still cant play the game. from what i am reading on sites it seems like this is an ongoing issue across the board. wake up and fix this issue or you will lose your customers. 

24 January 2018 - 11:43 PM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

hi i have the app on my tablet and it works fine but thats only because its a 400 euro tablet. i went to install it on my laptop which you say it was designed for and i cant even play it. im getting the server is unavailable or network issue. i have tried all the tricks on this forum yet i still cant play the game. from what i am reading on sites it seems like this is an ongoing issue across the board. wake up and fix this issue or you will lose your customers. 

Hey there!

Sorry to hear there is an issue getting the game to run on your laptop. If you are running into sever/network errors I would suggest checking your internet connection. I believe you already made a post a bit ago about some errors you were getting with different areas of the website. It sounds like this may possibly be an internet related issue.

If you are on a WiFi connection you may want to try a wired connection if you have that as an option. You can also check here to make sure that both your internet and your laptop meet the minimum requirements. If you need further assistance you can always reach out to our support team. To open a support ticket simply click the link in my signature and select the "Ask a Question" option after signing in. Hope that helps!

Moderator RedDragon

25 January 2018 - 07:11 PM

Diabloboo

Novice Trainer

• Diabloboo

Just do a google search of pokemon tcgo, find the latest version of the apk and downoad it, then make sure you set your device to allow installations from 3rd parties, then install it, the first run will then download all the card images and what not, ive done it many times, just have to redownload everytime there is a client update.

27 January 2018 - 02:10 AM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

Just do a google search of pokemon tcgo, find the latest version of the apk and downoad it, then make sure you set your device to allow installations from 3rd parties, then install it, the first run will then download all the card images and what not, ive done it many times, just have to redownload everytime there is a client update.

It is possible to download the game this way, but keep in mind this method of downloading the game is not supported. If a player downloads the game on a device that is not supported, the support team may be unable to assist them if they run into any issues. 

Moderator RedDragon

25 March 2018 - 11:38 PM

RepublicVarriot

Rookie Trainer

• RepublicVarriot
Played this avidly for a few months now, perfect time killer and nostalgic fun. All of a sudden in the latest patch I can't play anymore because apparently it is not supported on a phone. And yet somehow I have played it perfectly, although the user interface has a few inconveniences in button sizes, it worked without problems. I see now that it is not some new thing that it isnt available for phones, it is just I who recently discovered this, but from everything I have gathered the game it self runs at least decently on a phone.
Your arguments on data usage and intended platform are valid reasons to maybe have a warning and a disclaimer when booting up the game, but to completely shut us phone users out who are working around these issues feels quite *****.
You have lost a user and a customer in me until you resolve this issue, that somehow wasn't even an issue for me up until the latest patch.

04 April 2018 - 08:17 AM

Pamerap

Rookie Trainer

• Pamerap
If this problem can be solved for Android phone, that is great , by the way ,can you focus on the sync topic ? (iOS and Android) **********************************************************************************************

Edited by Pamerap, 24 April 2018 - 08:45 AM.

02 May 2018 - 05:52 AM

StrygwyrBS1

Rookie Trainer

• StrygwyrBS1
What a poor decision. I'm really unhappy with your game now.

12 May 2018 - 06:36 PM

DoubleJR012

Novice Trainer

• DoubleJR012

What a poor decision. I'm really unhappy with your game now.

I agree, I was thinking about playing again if I could play  it on my phone because I have problems with my back. Pain is really bad when sitting so if I could play laying down on a phone I would have been happy to play and maybe even spend money to get more in game.

Long story short it's sad kind of that in 2018 you can't get decent programmers and developers to make this optimal for phones when the game is pretty basic to begin with. You'll just lose more people to other TCGs and online card games being this ignorant.

Maybe ya'll don't like money? You understand some people rather play digital over physical card games more now than ever, right? There's lots of games with digital cards having more success than ever and people really enjoy playing them on their smart phones, for convenience and issues with pain such as myself. I mean more options means more customers wanting to buy your products after-all. Even developers for a specific battle royal game knew this.

Hope things change but one can only hope at this point...

15 May 2018 - 07:27 AM

Mod_Gunning

Trainer

• Mod_Gunning

Hi DoubleJR012,

Thank you again for all your suggestions. Your concerns have already been passed to our development team for further consideration. Please let us know we can do anything for you in the future.

09 July 2018 - 06:24 AM

ilhuicatl

Rookie Trainer

• ilhuicatl
well, i have downloaded more than 24 gb on my phone over wifi so far and i have had it for about 13 days... any idea why these people think phones don't have wify? more over... the fact that tablets are bigger generally means that unless they have a high quality screen, tablets have lower resolution and touch screen acuracy than phones do... i mean, i typed this out with a phone keyboard... so the dificulty of hitting small on screen buttons can't be that big an issue, right?

10 July 2018 - 12:44 AM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

well, i have downloaded more than 24 gb on my phone over wifi so far and i have had it for about 13 days... any idea why these people think phones don't have wify? more over... the fact that tablets are bigger generally means that unless they have a high quality screen, tablets have lower resolution and touch screen acuracy than phones do... i mean, i typed this out with a phone keyboard... so the dificulty of hitting small on screen buttons can't be that big an issue, right?

Hey there!

Thank you for your feedback! At the moment, the game is still not supported on mobile devices. Players that choose to obtain the game outside of the app store because their device is not compatible, may or may not run into issues. The game was built for systems such as tablets, laptops, and desktops, all of which have minimum requirements in order to ensure that the game will run properly. I can definitely understand why many players want to be able to play the game on their mobile device. Perhaps this is something that could happen in the future, but at the moment the game is not available for devices that app stores mark as a mobile device. 

Moderator RedDragon

12 July 2018 - 07:02 PM

sanja1997

Rookie Trainer

• sanja1997

на каком телефоне лучше всего идет игра