Regarding Android Phones

• Please log in to reply

24 April 2016 - 08:30 AM

Nycus91

Rookie Trainer

• Nycus91
On my ************** note 4 this app work very well.

25 April 2016 - 02:02 AM

DohvahShy

Rookie Trainer

• DohvahShy

As long as it isn't against the rules (mods please correct me if it is...) I can send you the apk file. It's only about 250mb.

thanks for the offer it is very kind of you but I have already found it online~

25 April 2016 - 03:33 AM

BetaLeaf

Novice Trainer

• BetaLeaf

Tutorial - How to backup Pokemon TCG Online for Android:

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/40360-regarding-android-phones/?p=517752

(Or just go to page 5 of this thread)

Edited by BetaLeaf, 06 June 2017 - 01:04 AM.

27 April 2016 - 04:54 PM

ipis

Rookie Trainer

• ipis

hey , 

I have Android Tablet , So how can i download this game ? I search on Andriod but i cant Find this game

27 April 2016 - 07:44 PM

thunderk25

Rookie Trainer

• thunderk25
I have installed it on my *************** s3 it starts great buz when a start to play after a lizlle time the screen goes black and it gets out of the game..Does somebody know how to fix that?

28 April 2016 - 09:02 AM

Nallus

Novice Trainer

• Nallus

Im playing with my samsung note3 and works perfectly. BUT PLEASE FOR GODS SAKE BRING I TO PHONES TOO?

28 April 2016 - 09:09 AM

BetaLeaf

Novice Trainer

• BetaLeaf

hey , 

I have Android Tablet , So how can i download this game ? I search on Andriod but i cant Find this game

You have to opt in to the beta before it will show up. 

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/the-pokemon-tcg-online-is-available-for-android/

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.pokemon.pokemontcg

Edited by BetaLeaf, 06 June 2017 - 01:04 AM.

28 April 2016 - 06:39 PM

B00tl3gg3r

Novice Trainer

• B00tl3gg3r

Anyone know if this will work on Kindle Fire?  It's android based, so I'm hoping so.  If so - my daughter will FINALLY have something to play on once it's delivered tonight! LOL

29 April 2016 - 12:00 AM

BetaLeaf

Novice Trainer

• BetaLeaf

Anyone know if this will work on Kindle Fire? It's android based, so I'm hoping so. If so - my daughter will FINALLY have something to play on once it's delivered tonight! LOL

Only one way to find out. Opt in to the beta and download the game and see if it works. 

Edited by BetaLeaf, 06 June 2017 - 01:05 AM.

02 May 2016 - 11:24 AM

BetaLeaf

Novice Trainer

• BetaLeaf

Snipped

Edited by BetaLeaf, 06 June 2017 - 12:56 AM.

02 May 2016 - 07:21 PM

jcgoble3

Trainer

• jcgoble3

It's been updated on Google Play now.

02 May 2016 - 08:05 PM

Nallus

Novice Trainer

• Nallus

can someone post the updated apk pls?

02 May 2016 - 10:25 PM

B00tl3gg3r

Novice Trainer

• B00tl3gg3r

Only one way to find out. Opt in to the beta and download the game and see if it works. If the app store says it is incompatible with your device, then you can use a backup I made in an earlier post.
(Post 43;scroll up)
(Post # in topright of each post)

I downloaded your APK and side-loaded onto her Fire.  Unfortunately, even though I can see it in my parent profile there's no way (that I could find) to select it as an app she can use in her child profile.  So - we have an agreement that she can play Pokemon TCG Online in my profile, but ALL OTHER USE is in hers.  And since it's managed I showed her that I would be able to tell if she wasn't using her profile LOL.  She's too scared of losing the access to the online game to disobey that rule - every other rule on the other hand.....I mean, she IS 12.  LOL  THANKS!

02 May 2016 - 10:27 PM

B00tl3gg3r

Novice Trainer

• B00tl3gg3r

Since the moderators have not removed my link from Post #43 containing the backup of the APK I took, I have re-uploaded the APK to renew its expiration period of 7 days, as promised.

The app has not been updated so there is no need to re-download if you already have it.

Version 1.4 "we .tl/BSTA4LjcZm"

(Treat it like a url, because it is one; remove the space)
(This link will expire in 7 days at 5/9/16 07:22 AM EST)

Will a new one be needed after today's update?  Like, will I have to side-load this all over again for my daughter's kindle Fire? (I JUST got it done Sat night! LOL)

02 May 2016 - 10:32 PM

B00tl3gg3r

Novice Trainer

• B00tl3gg3r

It's been updated on Google Play now.

Since when?  I ask because from a Kindle Fire I could see it on the Google Play App Store - but was not allowed to download it because it said I had no devices (even though I was on the app store from an Android device)....saw some threads on Amazon about side-loading the Google Play store, but couldn't figure it out.  (Not technically challenged, but I'm an all Apple person after working there for over 12 yrs - basically from the announcement of the first iPod until 10/2014 when I left to stay home with my girls and go back to school).......Android is not my wheelhouse.

03 May 2016 - 12:31 AM

KARASUNO

Rookie Trainer

• KARASUNO

How can i get apk pls help

07 May 2016 - 05:49 AM

SevenTales

Rookie Trainer

• SevenTales

I have a question, if I may.

In the OP, tcpi_samhayne lists some very good reasons for it not being normally available on phones officially. Namely, the interface isn't quite there yet (it's useable, but it's a little small for reading, even on my Nexus 6p), and the biggest offender, the bandwith eating monster that hides under the hood of the game.

Now, we've identified the problems, and from this thread and others, it seems clear that a phone version would be much appreciated by everyone. The question then remains: Will you be working on those two things so that we can finally be able to play on our phones? If hearthstone did it, I'm sure you guys can.

For a comparison, Pokemon TCGO uses 2mb at the start to load server settings, and then about 3MB for each game you will play. Hearthstone currently uses about 150kb for each game, meaning that 3mb would last you more than 4 hours of gameplay in Hearthstone. That is disheartening. 

Edited by SevenTales, 07 May 2016 - 05:57 AM.

07 May 2016 - 05:54 AM

seminc

Elite Trainer

• seminc

I have a question, if I may.

In the OP, tcpi_samhayne lists some very good reasons for it not being normally available on phones officially. Namely, the interface isn't quite there yet (it's useable, but it's a little small for reading, even on my Nexus 6p), and the biggest offender, the bandwith eating monster that hides under the hood of the game.

Now, we've identified the problems, and from this thread and others, it seems clear that a phone version would be much appreciated by everyone. The question then remains: Will you be working on those two things so that we can finally be able to play on our phones? If hearthstone did it, I'm sure you guys can.

For a comparison, Pokemon TCGO uses 200mb at the start to load server settings, and then about 3MB for each game you will play. Hearthstone currently uses about 150kb for each game, meaning that 3mb would last you more than 4 hours of gameplay in Hearthstone. That is disheartening. 

On my Verizon Ellipsis 8 Tablet, the initial load on data (I measured it) is around 2.4 MB. Is it that much more on the phones?

seminc

Da Señor Guru

63% Complete — 2 Sets Complete

07 May 2016 - 05:56 AM

SevenTales

Rookie Trainer

• SevenTales

On my Verizon Ellipsis 8 Tablet, the initial load on data (I measured it) is around 2.4 MB. Is it that much more on the phones?

Those zeros are not supposed to be there. I'll fix it, thanks! :)

07 May 2016 - 06:53 AM

glazedgecko

Rookie Trainer

• glazedgecko
So long as you have the Android 4.0 or higher OS you can download the apk and install directly by enabling unsigned apps works great on every droid phone I've tried so far which has been a half dozen or so between my friends and I