Regarding Android Phones

• Please log in to reply

16 April 2016 - 01:52 AM

DohvahShy

Rookie Trainer

• DohvahShy

It works fine on my phone. Used a backup program to make an apk backup file of the game on my tablet, transfered it to my phone and ran it. Installed the game to my phone and it runs perfectly. Maybe they don't want to say it's supported by phones because they don't want the hassle of people complaining about it not running well on their old cheap htc. But the game runs flawlessly on my ************** S7 Edge.

i have a samsung note 5 but i don't have a tablet is there a way for me to get the apk without one?

16 April 2016 - 11:27 PM

Rydall

Rookie Trainer

• Rydall

In case this helps anyone, make sure the tablet you're trying to install it on is linked to the same email you signed up to be a beta tester on.  I borrowed my wife's tablet and forgot to link it to my account. As a result, whenever I tried using the beta link to download it on google play, the link would break and the app wouldn't even show up.

17 April 2016 - 03:34 PM

Wikierrante

Rookie Trainer

• Wikierrante

i have a samsung note 5 but i don't have a tablet is there a way for me to get the apk without one?

Search for it on Google.
Others have put their backup apk online, so you can download it.

It's really sad we have to do something like this to play a game fully supported by our hardware.

17 April 2016 - 03:58 PM

SmOK3Y51

Rookie Trainer

• SmOK3Y51

Warum geht das jetzt nicht auf mein S7 Edge?

17 April 2016 - 05:45 PM

Paragonis

Rookie Trainer

• Paragonis
I downloaded the .apk file! It works perfectly fine on my Nexus 5 (5" screen)!
Add me ingame: Paragonis
I am always looking for new friends :)

17 April 2016 - 09:19 PM

Panda_Greg

Junior Trainer

• Panda_Greg

I have started a Whitelist thread for Android Phones. If you sideload the apk and it runs and runs well on your device, please post in the Whitelist thread to let the developers know so others with that phone model can get the app normally hopefully.

Edited by Panda_Greg, 17 April 2016 - 09:19 PM.

18 April 2016 - 03:30 PM

MrOzio

Trainer

• MrOzio

As long as it isn't against the rules (mods please correct me if it is...) I can send you the apk file. It's only about 250mb.

19 April 2016 - 06:57 PM

happynoob

Rookie Trainer

• happynoob

I have successfully sideloaded onto my SM-N910V Note 4.

Devs, maybe some of your more adventurous users could have an access channel to the APK, especially as it's updated? We understand if you don't want to make it for non-tablets in the playstore because of the huge masses of downloads it will invariable get.

But some of your potential beta testers, I know I'm being biased here because I'm one of them, have large-screen high resolution phones, additional displays, may be casting to TV via Android TV, etc, etc.

Just a thought. Thanks for everything.

Edited by happynoob, 19 April 2016 - 06:58 PM.

20 April 2016 - 02:05 PM

Deor42

Rookie Trainer

• Deor42

Sigh, its Hearthstone all over again!

My Nexus 6 phone has a better CPU, more ram and a higher resolution screen than my Nexus 7 tablet.

Please fix this ASAP Devs! Then i can stop borrowing the wifes ipad to play ;)

20 April 2016 - 07:05 PM

RCblaze

Rookie Trainer

• RCblaze

About TCGO on android phones you may download an apk file in a website. Just search for «pokemon trading card game online android apk» and you'll find it.

20 April 2016 - 07:07 PM

RCblaze

Rookie Trainer

• RCblaze

As long as it isn't against the rules (mods please correct me if it is...) I can send you the apk file. It's only about 250mb.

my apk file of pokemon tcgo its less than 60mb

21 April 2016 - 02:10 PM

MrOzio

Trainer

• MrOzio

my apk file of pokemon tcgo its less than 60mb

Look again after you've loaded the entire card database. The .apk I extracted has everything pre-loaded and bypasses the initial server check for quick loading.

21 April 2016 - 09:42 PM

M1ZZL3

Rookie Trainer

• M1ZZL3
M1zzl3 reporting for testing duties.

Running PTCGO with no issues on a ************** note 3.

I know this is probably known info but i thought id just add my experience to the BETA TEST *** for obvious reasons.

Anyway, have a great day guys/gals, and ill see you out in the field.

22 April 2016 - 04:09 PM

B00tl3gg3r

Novice Trainer

• B00tl3gg3r

Look again after you've loaded the entire card database. The .apk I extracted has everything pre-loaded and bypasses the initial server check for quick loading.

Do you think if you sent me your file I'd be able to download/install it on my daughter's Chromebook? I'm hoping a developer sees this and decides to help me out. We have 1 older iPad that my 4 (almost 5) year old was given when my husband got a new one. 2 of mine either won't boot or **********ed screens. My 12 yr old didn't get the hand-me-down because when her dad (my ex) upgraded his phone he got a free iPad Mini and gave it to her.....but she lost it. :(

SO - that's my dilemma in trying to help her be able to play more.

Also - anyone know WHY Apple requested no code redemption on iPad app? That's super annoying because then either I have to enter my daughter's in her account or let her use my computer......not to mention the shear number of code cards that are backing up this week. So - I'd be interested to see if I got it installed on the Chromebook, could she also redeem her own code cards?

See Devs - SO MUCH TESTING I could help provide and so many ANSWERS that you might want!!! :) :) :)

22 April 2016 - 04:51 PM

MrOzio

Trainer

• MrOzio

Do you think if you sent me your file I'd be able to download/install it on my daughter's Chromebook? I'm hoping a developer sees this and decides to help me out. We have 1 older iPad that my 4 (almost 5) year old was given when my husband got a new one. 2 of mine either won't boot or **********ed screens. My 12 yr old didn't get the hand-me-down because when her dad (my ex) upgraded his phone he got a free iPad Mini and gave it to her.....but she lost it. :(

SO - that's my dilemma in trying to help her be able to play more.

Also - anyone know WHY Apple requested no code redemption on iPad app? That's super annoying because then either I have to enter my daughter's in her account or let her use my computer......not to mention the shear number of code cards that are backing up this week. So - I'd be interested to see if I got it installed on the Chromebook, could she also redeem her own code cards?

See Devs - SO MUCH TESTING I could help provide and so many ANSWERS that you might want!!! :) :) :)

Send me a PM, I'd be happy to help out. I have 3 girls of my own (1 plays online) and I was able to get it on her chromebook without issue.

22 April 2016 - 09:39 PM

BetaLeaf

Novice Trainer

• BetaLeaf

Tutorial - How to backup Pokemon TCG Online for Android:

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/40360-regarding-android-phones/?p=517752

(Or just go to page 5 of this thread)

I personally did this on my Galaxy Note 5 (Verizon). The app works flawlessly except for one minor issue.

1> The S-Pen does not work to click buttons in the game, however works fine to drag and drop, say energy or a trainer card, into the board. I must use my finger to click on buttons instead of my S-Pen.

The reason the S-Pen does not work as intended is because this version of the app does not have the S-Pen SDK implemented as they never intended you to use it on a device with an S-Pen. This issue will likely never get fixed as they seem to want to keep the game on Tablet Devices only.

While I personally do not understand why they do not want us playing on our Android Phones, that doesn't make it impossible if you know what to do. The app works fine on my Galaxy Note 5, despite that one issue. If the app works fine on Android Phones, then there should be no reason to prevent us from installing it on them. BTW, if you have one of those general use stylus like you can get for cheap on amazon, those will work fine as they emulator your finger's touch. The S-Pen, a Wacom device, communicates directly to the phone and because the app doesn't know how to process the S-Pen as an input device, you cannot click on buttons within the app. I hope this clears things up for anyone curious.

Nintendo, Pokemon, if you are listening, please listen to your fans. None of this should be necessary for the end user just to play your game, especially when it already works without issue. I grew up playing your game and it just feels like I've been slapped in the face by you guys. It hurts. T.T

I am posting this in good faith that it will convince them to release the app for Android Phones.

Oh and guys, be a good sport and report bugs you find on the Android Phones. Otherwise we will never get anywhere.

About Me:

My name is Jeff Savage and I am a Software Engineer. In my free time, you can find me on GitHub helping users with their projects and on PortableApps Forums. I also play Dota 2 and GTA Online. I also have a website, which you can find by simply googling my Username.

Edited by BetaLeaf, 06 June 2017 - 01:04 AM.

23 April 2016 - 01:54 AM

BetaLeaf

Novice Trainer

• BetaLeaf

I am getting my friend to start playing the game on her Galaxy Note 5 (Verizon) (Android 6.0.1) and she has informed me she ran into issues during the tutorial. The first time she loaded it up, when it got to the part when you attack energy to the benched pokemon for the first time, the energy got stuck on top of it and the game would not let her perform any actions. In the bottom right corner, she noticed a yellow wifi icon with a flashing ? on it. I had her to force close the game and restart it. This time she made it thru the first lesson. She started the second lesson and managed to finish it, however the game would not end. It did not acknowledge her win. I was watching her screen this time and I noticed throughout the 2nd lesson, the wifi icon would appear in the bottom right. This time it was either a yellow ? or a red X on it. It is possible the wifi was weak and thus she lost connection to the server, but the server or the client should be able to auto-reconnect. If you need any more info on this bug, please just ask me.

Edit: I found a new bug. I cannot redeem my codes using the QR reader. It doesn't want to focus properly and thus it cannot see the QR very well. I tried different lighting and distances and none of it helped. Instead I had to manually enter the code by hand. Can we get a button to turn on the flashlight on the camera and a button to manually focus? This would fix the issue. Keep in mind I am using a Galaxy Note 5. On this device, the back facing camera used to read the QR code is 16MP and falls well above the 1.5MP requirement.

Edited by BetaLeaf, 23 April 2016 - 02:22 AM.

23 April 2016 - 04:10 PM

fr33land

Expert Trainer

• fr33land
The client is posted on another website where it can be installed without the Google play store covering the developers. . . *****. . .
It isn't available because it isn't meant to go on your phone, so Google play restricts it's installation probably on the instruction of the development team.
Smart move.
If enough of us beta test it on our phones, perhaps the Development team will consider the white list.
You could search apkmirror pokemontcg and see what you come up with. Obviously the development team can't condone 0r advise this. . . Use at your own risk
They haven't optimised it for phones so they can't be held responsible for what happens or give you support. .. officially anyhow.
Got it on my galaxy s6, Android 5.1.1 nothing terrible to report yet. Seems great actually. Same OS as many new Android tablets. . . It's a slam dunk if you ask me.

23 April 2016 - 05:23 PM

1Element

Expert Trainer

• 1Element

It works fine on my phone. Used a backup program to make an apk backup file of the game on my tablet, transfered it to my phone and ran it. Installed the game to my phone and it runs perfectly. Maybe they don't want to say it's supported by phones because they don't want the hassle of people complaining about it not running well on their old cheap htc. But the game runs flawlessly on my ************** S7 Edge.

Runs great on my friend's htc m7 idk why u had to trash htc phones.

Edited by 1Element, 27 September 2016 - 06:39 PM.

23 April 2016 - 07:43 PM

fr33land

Expert Trainer

• fr33land
Just to feel better about the thousand dollar price tag on his s7.