March 30, 2016
- New Legacy format!
- Bonus Wheel updates!
- The new Legacy format has been added to Versus Mode and Tournaments. The Legacy format allows players to construct decks using cards only from the HeartGold & SoulSilver Series, the Call of Legends expansion, and the Black & White Series.
- The Unlimited format is now available exclusively in Friend Battle. All custom and theme decks are considered Unlimited decks in Friend Battle. Cards that had previously been banned in the Unlimited format for game balance reasons are no longer banned from play in Friend Battle.
- The game client has been updated to the latest version of the Unity game engine. Players may be required to download the card cache again as a side effect of this update.
- Fixes for various known bugs.
- The Victor’s Bonus Wheel now includes an additional bonus reward on each panel. Each bonus reward can only be received once per day.
- The standard rewards on the Victor’s Bonus Wheel have been rebalanced to account for the addition of bonus rewards.
- A new Tournament Bonus Wheel has been added for Tournament matches. Each player receives a spin on the Tournament Bonus Wheel, regardless of match outcome.
- The coin that was previously spinning at the start of a match now remains stationary until a player chooses heads or tails.
- A deck-shuffling animation has been added.
- Attacks with an effect that put damage counters on a Pokémon now have separate animations from attacks that do damage.
- Pips for Energy and Pokémon Tools attached to a Pokémon are now displayed when that Pokémon is moused over.
- The contents of the discard pile can now be inspected in stacked view. This view consolidates multiple copies of the same card into a single stack with the number of cards in the stack listed below it. The stacked view option will be added to the deck search interface in a future game update.
- KNOWN ISSUE: Mechanically identical cards from different expansions or with different foil versions are not being properly consolidated when stacked view is enabled.
- Implemented a less obtrusive visual indicator for cards that have been banned. This indicator now appears as a button in the upper-right corner of the card that can be clicked to view the formats in which the card is banned.
- The Print Deck feature has been refactored to provide a more consistent experience.
- Code cards obtained during Play! Pokémon Prerelease events can now be redeemed prior to the expansion’s release date. Products received in this manner appear in the Collection but cannot be opened or traded until the official release date. Visit the Play! section of the website for more information on Play! Pokémon events.
- The code redemption feature has been disabled in the iPad client at the requirement of Apple. iPad users who wish to redeem codes into their account can do so through the Windows of Mac clients. We are working to develop alternate methods for code redemption and appreciate your understanding. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Edited by TPCi_MT_Mike, 30 March 2016 - 06:02 PM.
Pokémon TCG Online Senior Community Specialist
The Pokémon Company International
Need help from the support team? Visit the [url="http://www.pokemon.com/support"]support portal[/url] and submit a ticket!