Sign in to follow this  
odette115

What do you get for winning matches in the Pokemon TCG Online?

odette115

And I don't mean the Trainer challenge- I mean the actual online ones, that was supposedly in closed beta before. Which kinds of matches do you win stuff? And what stuff do you win?

And what do you lose if you play in a ranked match?

I'm totally new to the Online TCG part of the site, and I just would like some explanation to what you get if you win and what you lose if you,... well, lose.

AetherEch0s

You get 1 token from winning a Ranked Match. It says you can win more from longer matches, but iv had them go on for 20-30 minutes and still got 1 token. There is no real ranking system from what i can tell, its probably just not implemented yet. HOPEFULLY by the next update you will win a booster credit per match, that would be more than fair.

You dont get anything from winning Practice Matches. Pointless since most people are going to do Ranked Matches anyway on the off chance they might win.

oh and you dont lose anything either way.

PyreDynasty

The rewards and penaties for ranked matches are one of those "coming soon" things. At the moment you just get a token for playing a ranked match.

Giving a pack away for a win would render buying booster credits pointless, I think they actually want to make money with this thing. It's far more involved than "Jigglypuff Pop" or whatever's playing in the game zone these days.

odette115

Thank you very much! :D

Astrobia

HOPEFULLY by the next update you will win a booster credit per match, that would be more than fair.

Talk about wanting something for nothing. Heck, why don't they just give you 4 of every card for simply logging on? I mean it's not like it's a collectable trading card game or something... Oh wait.

I don't know, winning an official moderated tournement or something, I could maybe see them giving away free cards for that. But you can't honestly expect them to give away the main sales commodity on a product that cost tens of thousands of dollars (if not hundreds of thousands or more) to develop. Heck I don't know what their server setup is like, but I'll bet they're costing hundreds of dollars a week to maintain, if not more. Forget electricity and bandwidth costs, hiring humans to maintain them involves a minimum hourly wage.

So yeah no. Giving you 150+ cards and unlimited basic energy for nothing is pretty generous as it is. You want more? Then you pay them to cover their costs for bringing the game to us and you like it. :-P

chazzledazzle87

i signed up and i have no idea what i am doing. i just play against these fake computer people. how do i get these 150 free cards to play real people?? must i buy them?

Astrobia

No you don't need to buy them. In the trainer challange there are 3 basic decks you can select. You need to win 12 matches with each deck to unlock them for the online collection (when you do they will show up in the packs tab, the electric deck will be there without needing to be unlocked). There is a bug at the moment meaning they don't always show up, but hopefuly that will be fixed in tommorows update.

mrlf922

What are the three decks?

Sign in to follow this