Producer's Letter: New v2.32 Play Experience Discussion

Patching

• Please log in to reply

04 November 2015 - 10:16 PM

LordKieta

Elite Trainer

• LordKieta

I dont... I don't even want to discuss this update. I'm so appalled by everything, but I don't want to seem too dense. Nor do I have the time to write an appropriate post. 

I'm just gonna lay everything out here for now. 

- Please make it so you can turn off animations. A lot of people love dragging cards, but, a lot of people dont. I am one of the latter, and it'd be great to go back to just clicking, even if that means taking responsibility for misclicks. I didnt care for the undo feature in the past, I dont care if its gone for good. 

- Please make it so our hand stops hinting at things. I try playing a game, and I have an energy or an ultra ball in our hand that starts dancing around like it would be a good idea to play it. Maybe I dont want to play it, and maybe if I was going to play it, its still distracting, and in a way, kind of insulting. It feels like theres someone behind me, pointing at my cards telling me it'd be a good idea to play them next, and well, thats not very realistic or cool.

- THE COIN FLIP ANIMATION! Please, if you dont let us turn off anything, at least let us turn off the coin flip animation. If my opponent takes a lil while in the beginning, im forced to stare at that flipping effect in the beginning and I have really bad vertigo, and it gives me just worst headache, and it's just the worst thing to watch. 

- The prize cards being stacked. Please make it so they're spread around again. If I had my prizes stacked during a real life match, I'd be yelled at by a judge or disqualified. It also makes it so I cannot pick my prize that i wanna take, and again, not very realistic 

- Please make it so we can see energies and tools again. The symbols are really annoying and VERY FAR from realistic. While I dont like the energy blips, the POKEMON TOOL blip is horrible. its so easy to forget what tool something has on it if all we see is a little wrench, and it'd be so much easier if you could see the card themselves

I dont know, im too aggravated by everything right now, but I know its not my decision. I just know, that these features I've listed above, are really undesirable, to a lot of players, and well, everything was perfect before. Expect to lose a lot of players because of this . I'm sorry. 

I do NOT check my messages in-game. If you need to talk to me, message me on the forums. 

Visit Violet City Trading Company, Located in In-Game Item Exchange!!! Trade your packs in for our cards! 

04 November 2015 - 10:16 PM

Ivotronico

Junior Trainer

• Ivotronico
I would love to test the new update, but my account is disabled due to "wrong username or passsword" and I never changed it -.-.

04 November 2015 - 10:17 PM

graywh

Elite Trainer

• graywh

Everything seems really bad quality, as the resolution of everything been brought down?

I used to be possible to read the text on my own cards.  Not anymore.

Also, the forum posting rate limit is dumb.

Edited by graywh, 04 November 2015 - 10:18 PM.

Forums Rules
  • Stay on Topic
  • Search, then Post
  • Be Constructive
  • Play Nice
  • Be Honest
  • Keep Your Private Life Private
  • Keep Your Links Official
  • Discipline is Private
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

04 November 2015 - 10:18 PM

RoBLeif

Rookie Trainer

• RoBLeif

I'm not one to complain, but this just doesn't feel right at all.

04 November 2015 - 10:18 PM

rangan1337

Rookie Trainer

• rangan1337

The drag and drop feature combined with not being able to turn off animations adds so much time to the games. It makes playing against Night March an absolute nightmare because you have to watch the animation of every trainer they play. And I guess we aren't meant to use the track pads on laptops anymore? Because the drag and drop feature makes that way more difficult than it has to be.

I literally cannot see one positive thing about this update. There is not a single feature that was improved, ****, there's barely even a single feature that didn't get worse. But I guess if you wanted less players, because it's a strain on the servers or whatever, it's a success, because I won't be using this client anymore. The update just is that aqful.

Edited by rangan1337, 04 November 2015 - 10:35 PM.

04 November 2015 - 10:19 PM

bulbasaur32277

Elite Trainer

• bulbasaur32277

I finished my first match. Not gonna lie, the animation do look good. It was clean and crisp. I like how the card almost literally attacks the opponents. It will take me a moment to get used to the energy attachments because i thought his pokemon had no energy on it since i'm used to looking for the card itself. But all in all I like it. The matches will be significantly longer though which will frustrate many players, but so far overall I like it. 

The drag and drop feature was fine. I have no complaints there. Its not the drag and drop that adds time to the game but the animation. SO all those who are complaining about the drag and drop needs to get over it.

Also stop complaining about the prize cards being stacked. There is a big ol number on it. If you can't see that number then maybe you need to invest in eyeglasses

Edited by bulbasaur32277, 04 November 2015 - 10:27 PM.

[SIZE=4]#1 Bulbasaur in the world! :cool:
IRL-Broke :(
[/SIZE]

04 November 2015 - 10:20 PM

JaJammy

Trainer

• JaJammy

Is it not possible for the devs to enable this setting? I personally think these animations are way too slow for my taste, and would love to be able to turn them off. 

04 November 2015 - 10:25 PM

sheoldredwhiper

Rookie Trainer

• sheoldredwhiper

I really do not like the new update. and this story makes me hate it even more. hopefully they will change it back. most people i have talked to do no like the new update. 

04 November 2015 - 10:26 PM

sterlingW

Expert Trainer

• sterlingW

Is it not possible for the devs to enable this setting? I personally think these animations are way too slow for my taste, and would love to be able to turn them off. 

Yea i notice ..

Very very slow (Before animation update - Players were able to play like the Real Life TCG were no animation were involded) now thats the only option.

Pokemon Trading Card Online Early Closed Beta Tester

Pokemon Trading Card  Favorite Game Style : Unlimited Format

From Pokemon TCGO (Flash Player) Beta Test to Pokemon TCGO (Unity 3D) Beta Test

04 November 2015 - 10:29 PM

Sanisk

Rookie Trainer

• Sanisk

We NEED this option. I'm the kind of person who thinks fast and plays fast...

But noooow it's aaaalll slooooooow aaaand boooriiing... 

See how it feels ?

04 November 2015 - 10:31 PM

Cyrus-Chicanery

Rookie Trainer

• Cyrus-Chicanery

Please change it back... please... It's so slow and clunky now. It took ten minutes to have a trainer challenge match. Please, please change it back. You've ruined it. Just change it back.

04 November 2015 - 10:32 PM

Simplyobsessed

Senior Trainer

• Simplyobsessed

delete

Edited by Simplyobsessed, 05 November 2015 - 09:06 AM.

04 November 2015 - 10:33 PM

sterlingW

Expert Trainer

• sterlingW

The drag and drop feature combined with not being able to turn off animations adds so much time to the games. It makes playing against Night March an absolute nightmare because you have to watch the animation of every trainer they play. And I guess we aren't meant to use the track pads on laptops anymore? Because the drag and drop feature makes that way more difficult than it has to be.

Also, does Town Map even work now, with all the prize cards stacked on top of each other?

Suggestion should be implemented to avoid any further conflict.

Options to enable some animation or disable (like before - so people can play like the real life TCG.) <Allow players to avoid any crashes that cause by performance drop) (To prevent major time spending on 1 game)

Options to skip card movements

Options to enable full energy cards or disable it  (Making it simpler icons)

Options to display the 6 Prize Card on the playmat.

Making the play mat little wider so it will make space. (The left side seem to be very empty)

04 November 2015 - 10:34 PM

JaJammy

Trainer

• JaJammy

Yea i notice ..

Very very slow (Before animation update - Players were able to play like the Real Life TCG were no animation were involded) now thats the only option.

yea.. usually i take less than 3 minutes per game, but now its close to double because the animations are just way too slow.. trying to do the trainers challenge for the BKT packs right now but the animations are killing me haha

04 November 2015 - 10:36 PM

ZanxerRokil

Rookie Trainer

• ZanxerRokil

I do not like the new game interface that has come out 11/4/2015 it has made playing the game hard for me. I would like to be told how to change the game interface back to the old format. If there is not a way to change it back I will not be playing the game anymore.

04 November 2015 - 10:36 PM

shinygeodude

Veteran Trainer

• shinygeodude

It's still the top number next to your icon, like it always was.

04 November 2015 - 10:37 PM

Not_A_Bear

Senior Trainer

• Not_A_Bear

Graphically, everything looks fantastic.

Everything else about this update is abysmal and borderline embarrassing for TPCi.

Please change it back. Like, everything. Just put the entire appearance of everything, and all the options, back to what it was yesterday. This is almost unplayably bad. You've basically ruined this game in the span of 5 hours.

04 November 2015 - 10:38 PM

TamaHikari

Rookie Trainer

• TamaHikari

Please enable the option for disabling animation! I can't play with the screen shaking all the time. I played for five minutes and I have a headache already...

And I can't find the undo button. Now misclicks can't be undone at all?

Edited by TamaHikari, 04 November 2015 - 11:28 PM.

04 November 2015 - 10:38 PM

lucky8919

Rookie Trainer

• lucky8919

I hate the animations...!! Are super slow!

04 November 2015 - 10:40 PM

sterlingW

Expert Trainer

• sterlingW

Options to enable some animation or disable (like before - so people can play like the real life TCG.) <Allow players to avoid any crashes that cause by performance drop) (To prevent major time spending on 1 game)

Options to skip card movements

Options to enable full energy cards or disable it  (Making it simpler icons)

Options to display the 6 Prize Card on the playmat.

Yup is unplayable most of the time, because of very long movements and not skippable movements.

They need to address this very soon.

Simply,

People that want to keep the animation can leave it on and people that don't turns it off.

Edited by sterlingW, 04 November 2015 - 10:41 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Patching