I feel like while this visual updates look nice, they slow down the pace of competitive play for unnecessary things (attack animations, I'm looking at you) and will turn away players who like simplicity and can be provided said simplicity elsewhere.
I completely agree, you guys are going to have a lot of unsatisfied experienced players if the drag-and-drop mechanic and game animations are going to be obligatory, unless they consume a lot less time than the current ones consume in the live game.
EDIT: I just played my first game post-patch. THE UPDATE IS SO BAD I COULDN'T EVEN WAIT FOR THE END OF THE MATCH. Here are the main points:
- HUGE resolution drop on the cards;
- The proportion of the active pokemon and the coins in relation with the benched ones is completely messed up;
- The wooden table covers a huge portion on the sides of the screen, keeping us from focusing on the board;
- The drag-and-drop system is a pain to bear with;
- The energy and item attachments with the pins, as well as the new prize display, are completely unnatural and against what you said was your goal (mimicking the actual game);
- The animations are, as expected, extremely lenghty and annoying.
I'm sorry for being so harsh, but when you give us something so bad as this you have to expect as bad of a reaction. Please undo this patch; the old game display was perfect: intuitive, quick, appealing, and, above all, shared many similarities with the real game, unlike this new display.
Edited by briliant, 04 November 2015 - 10:32 PM.