The WORST theme deck to use

• Please log in to reply

18 January 2019 - 10:38 AM

Jack_Skulls

Rookie Trainer

• Jack_Skulls

Sylveon is my favorite Pokemon and because of that I chose Enchanted Echo as my first theme deck, which is why I despise whomever designed it. Half of the entire deck is figuratively absolutely worthless and while I personally can still win with it, fights that I use it in become painful and drawn out for both sides.

18 January 2019 - 11:32 AM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

Sylveon is my favorite Pokemon and because of that I chose Enchanted Echo as my first theme deck, which is why I despise whomever designed it. Half of the entire deck is figuratively absolutely worthless and while I personally can still win with it, fights that I use it in become painful and drawn out for both sides.

Welcome to forums.

Did you check this is a 2 years old thread? Wow!

Anyway, Enchanted echo is not the worst Theme deck out there by far. Easily PLB Mind wipe is a lot worst and of course Verdant frost or any other HGSS era Theme is pretty much inconsistent than the XY Theme decks.

If you're starting you may know the best Theme decks are the last released: Blazing volcano, Mach Strike, Leaf charge, Hydro fury, Imperial command... you should get some of that, if that fits your way to enjoy the game.

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

5th day reward packs list http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/56679-5th-day-log-in-pack-is-random-got-a-gur-dd/?p=593037

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista

23 January 2019 - 11:06 PM

GR0

Senior Trainer

• GR0

Chaos Control, by far. Even the Trainer Kits look like gods compared to Chaos Control.

It has only 2 useful Pokemon: Tyranitar (which is terribly difficult to use: you also need to get Pupitar without any searching except 2 flippy Poke Balls, and you need to get 2 out of 3 Darkness Energies because Tail Crush is horrible. During my quest to get 12 wins, I got Pupitar and Tyranitar together only ONCE, and I had to duel 30+ times thanks to all the losses), and Lucario which is on the low end of usefulness.

The rest? Mismagius deals a LOLworthy amount of damage, the 2x Metang can do a little bit of damage but it really shows they need to evolve further, aaaannnd... oh wait, that's all: for the rest you're stuck with cards like Zubat. Good luck!

At least its counterpart, Steel Sentinel, has some more ways to win: it has 6 basics that can do a decent job without evolving (Onix and Tauros, which are about as good as Metang thanks to their colorless-ness and being basic), Steelix is way easier to use thanks to being stage 1, and Roserade can really dish out the hurt by sending out confusion while it's slowly powered up on the bench.

Edited by GR0, 23 January 2019 - 11:14 PM.

25 January 2019 - 10:53 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

Welcome to forums.

Did you check this is a 2 years old thread? Wow!

Anyway, Enchanted echo is not the worst Theme deck out there by far. Easily PLB Mind wipe is a lot worst and of course Verdant frost or any other HGSS era Theme is pretty much inconsistent than the XY Theme decks.

If you're starting you may know the best Theme decks are the last released: Blazing volcano, Mach Strike, Leaf charge, Hydro fury, Imperial command... you should get some of that, if that fits your way to enjoy the game.

Mind Wipe isn't actually THAT bad when it was released (Solar Strike from the same set is even worse btw). Genesect, Tropius and Reuniclus are actually decent enough attackers in that era. Granted, it's nothing spectacular but it's far from the worst.

Worst BW theme deck imo is Plasma Shadow wirh iirc only 2 'good' attackers and both are still really bad, requiring stupidly high af energy costs to attack for meaningful amount of damage, and hardly any search power. I had nightmares even thinking about how often that thing bricks when compared to most other BW theme decks.

I know this is an old thread but I just wanna toss in my two cents.