The WORST theme deck to use

• Please log in to reply

23 February 2016 - 11:38 PM

GoldZero

Rookie Trainer

• GoldZero

I've also found Resilient Life to be very suboptimal - lots of basics without their evolution lines especially on the Psychic side, and not nearly enough draw power. The saving grace is that Xerneas can thin the deck pretty well to make the low draw power slightly less of a handicap, and Mr. Mime can hit surprisingly hard for a cleric. You'll still be forfeiting a fair bit from dead opening draws in Trainer Challenges, though.

This. If you don't open with Xerneas, reset. Night Hunter is so bad that I still never got the pack from it.

24 February 2016 - 09:07 PM

Metleon8

Junior Trainer

• Metleon8
The only deck (that I have) that I've had problems with is Enchanted Echo. The Eeveelutions are good, but most of the other pokemon are bad. And the trainers are absolutely terrible. I don't think maintenance should be in any deck, even ones that use archie's and Maxie's.

25 February 2016 - 03:15 AM

seminc

Elite Trainer

• seminc
Nightfall, no question. Back in the days of the HGSS-DRX Trainer Challenge it was better, but with the current power ramp? No.
The only time I can win a game in TC is when I get a Metagross line start and power through everything (which happens about every 12 games)

seminc

Da Señor Guru

63% Complete — 2 Sets Complete

28 February 2016 - 12:30 AM

Fields_Heron

Novice Trainer

• Fields_Heron

I bought Plasma Shadow Theme Deck when it used to be at shop in PTCGO. If I don't start with Giratina, I used to lose everytime I played this deck in versus, eventhough it needs 3 energies to attack. lol

03 March 2016 - 03:53 PM

olafviking

Novice Trainer

• olafviking

i still say all these decks are still better then the starter decks. thoes theme decks are not realy usefule for even the supporters.

personaly i think the fighting dark deck with pancham is terrible for the chalanges because its not consistant as a deck. almost imposible to consistantly get it

Olaf the pokemon player. always looking for friends to play/trade with :D

friend me if you want just a easy guy :) always looking for battles to test weird decks

estimated collection completion date: 2018

04 March 2016 - 12:48 PM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

I've played a lot of theme decks and I got to say that the worst one I've played is probably the Fennekin deck. Delphox's Fire Blast takes too long to charge and isn't even worth it (and its other attack sucks)  and the other pokemon in the deck are so bad it's not even funny. Truly unplayable imo.

Plasma Shadow is probably the worst of the plasma decks. It is sooo hard to even get enough energy to start hitting things hard. And how am I supposed to hex things with ONLY ONE LASER????? Totally outclassed by Plasma Claw (which is surprisingly better than it looks) and Psy Crusher and simply can't hold a candle to the mighty Frost Ray.

04 March 2016 - 01:47 PM

Nakashiko

Novice Trainer

• Nakashiko

The worst deck is Undaunted from HS, i'm trying in trainer challenge to get the pack, but this deck don't want win a match.. The worst deck ever..

04 March 2016 - 06:35 PM

PlatinumDude

Veteran Trainer

• PlatinumDude

i still say all these decks are still better then the starter decks. thoes theme decks are not realy usefule for even the supporters.

personaly i think the fighting dark deck with pancham is terrible for the chalanges because its not consistant as a deck. almost imposible to consistantly get it

If you're talking about the Dark Hammer deck, it's one of the most consistent decks out there, due to having 2 Korrinas to search for the Fighting Pokemon you need. It's good for the Fighting challenges, due to its ease of getting Machamp out in most cases.

04 March 2016 - 07:27 PM

olafviking

Novice Trainer

• olafviking

If you're talking about the Dark Hammer deck, it's one of the most consistent decks out there, due to having 2 Korrinas to search for the Fighting Pokemon you need. It's good for the Fighting challenges, due to its ease of getting Machamp out in most cases.

if its consistant im probably never lucky wiht it, i never get my korrinas ;( and to get the pancham out its a pain while machamp is not consistantly able to be out due to the fact that there is little to no draw and maby you get machamp you dont get the energy, personaly the only deck i have been consistant with is the terrible round deck for some reason so its probably my luck.

Olaf the pokemon player. always looking for friends to play/trade with :D

friend me if you want just a easy guy :) always looking for battles to test weird decks

estimated collection completion date: 2018

21 April 2016 - 11:57 AM

wbarrow

Veteran Trainer

• wbarrow

Fennekin?

For all your card needs visit Phantom Knight Trading Company

08 June 2016 - 08:37 AM

Nernez

Rookie Trainer

• Nernez

Resilient Life was my second theme deck and it's just plain horrible. I almost quit playing the game after five straight losses to Calvin (yes Calvin!!!) Out of the free theme decks I find green to be the worst. 

09 June 2016 - 02:36 PM

KarpGrinder

Expert Trainer

• KarpGrinder

... Out of the free theme decks I find green to be the worst. 

What madness is this? Surely you lot are trolling? (inb4 "Don't Call me Shirley")

10 June 2016 - 02:30 PM

1genesect2

Rookie Trainer

• 1genesect2

a good deck all around is the night striker aka noivern. first deck i bought and man it is great. if you don' believe me google breakthrough gengar, this card comes with it basic and it is awesome

13 June 2016 - 10:42 PM

Oldschool1990

Veteran Trainer

• Oldschool1990

Worst decks: basically everything before gen5 (b/w).

Especially HG/SS ones.

Like the nidoking-deck from the bundle.

0 card draw.

Weak pokes with overpriced energy cost for low damage.

A pain to play with.

Specialized on Theme Deck Tournaments.

Contra principia negantem non est disputandum.

15 June 2016 - 07:58 PM

Elavion

Trainer

• Elavion

I have a few decks older than XY and they're all unplayable these days (maybe except for Mental Might, and that one is still pretty mediocre).

Edited by Elavion, 15 June 2016 - 07:58 PM.

21 June 2016 - 12:17 AM

JOose

Novice Trainer

• JOose

BW Trainer Kit, the Zoroak/Excadrill deck. Worst. Thing. Ever.

29 June 2016 - 10:38 AM

Doodleboppers

Senior Trainer

• Doodleboppers

The Feniken, Froakie, and I'm guessing the Chespin as well ones are 100% terrible. So may janky fluff pokemon with no evolutions makes it impossible to actually build up a presence even against the bots. I must have played a good 30 games with the Feniken deck and I still haven't beaten enough of the ai's to earn the pack from it... I really wish I could refund those decks x.x

01 July 2016 - 10:44 AM

theotherguytm

Expert Trainer

• theotherguytm

Basic Yellow. Out of date, horrible to play, and beaten by even the weakest of the store-bought decks. It makes RL with Xerneas and Aromatisse in the prizes look meta.

This is my OTHER signature.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/42500-the-mindless-nonsense-begins-my-ideas/

01 July 2016 - 11:05 AM

Doodleboppers

Senior Trainer

• Doodleboppers

What madness is this? Surely you lot are trolling? (inb4 "Don't Call me Shirley")

Totally agreed. I Play the XY Basic Green one pretty heavily and find it to be more fun than the blue one. Yes the blue one has the potential of more dmg.... but the green one has the best weapon of all: Troll Monkey (and crazy amounts of drawpower.)

06 July 2016 - 11:34 AM

SeanZStorm

Novice Trainer

• SeanZStorm
I've never really liked the Basic Yellow theme deck, the Pokémon aren't that good compared to the other 3 Basic theme decks you start with. Among the purchasable theme decks, Resilient Life has way too many useless filler cards (Spoink, Ekans, Phantump) with weak attacks and no evolutions included. Unless you want to make a fairy deck using Fairy Garden and Xerneas, it's not really worth it. My favorite Basic deck is Blue, because of the low energy requirements by Greninja and Gyarados's massive attack damage and for theme decks, Wave Slasher is good for making grass or water decks and for Themed battles, Night Striker and Dark Hammer are the best. The Lugia deck's Delphox is quite good as well, though