Official Pokémon GO Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply

07 July 2016 - 02:20 PM

Ponyboyny

Novice Trainer

• Ponyboyny
GO is up and Running in NY. BUT it has MANY MANY bugs and issues that need work.... Lag at log in, can't sign into same account on android as IPad. Most apps allow you to switch via ********. Can't find a way to do so currently. But have caught 8 so far 1 being a Charmander......

07 July 2016 - 05:09 PM

MaSkullzOnFire

Elite Trainer

• MaSkullzOnFire

The only problem I have so far is that all of the Pokémon seem to be in hiding, no matter how hard I look for them. They are nearby but not one reveals itself.

YouTube Channel: N7 117

07 July 2016 - 07:20 PM

TheRealPupnasty

Rookie Trainer

• TheRealPupnasty

It was good... When the servers worked... Can Log In via Google account but not Pokemon Trainers Club account.

[Edited by Mod_Turtle: Only links to official Pokémon sites are allowed on the forums. Links to or recommendations to other sites are not allowed. Soliciting sites is not allowed on the forums.]

08 July 2016 - 10:48 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

I live in Malaysia and apparently no pokemon live here lol....

08 July 2016 - 01:16 PM

Xensor

Elite Trainer

• Xensor

not to be a downer but, i think some of the people using this game, needs to keep eyes open of surroundings. my city is gonna have a talk about this game due to some kids and teens getting hurt or almost hurt. specially being outside after midnight. i was at work and 2 teens almost got hit for standing in the road trying to catch a ditto. i was like a ditto really. it would have to be a legendary pokemon for me to do that.

tho i don't play it, i am gonna take a guess:

its a game that uses your camera on your phone to capture the pokemon and such. by what it looke like on the trailer, it used the surroundings and it showed a pokemon in that area if you was by one. you used the screen to do a action to the pokemon. i also heard you can trade em and such also. I dont know i have not trie it nor playe it. so if anyone can enlighten me if i am correct or close to it.

08 July 2016 - 03:23 PM

the_sqveel

Expert Trainer

• the_sqveel

all these concerns about people not paying attention to their surroundings is old news, and should be common sense for anyone out there with any kind of device. I remember the scaremongering adverts we had in the 90s when handheld things and walkmans were becoming more mainstream. Kid's should be taught this basic safety stuff when they get the phone anyway.

the risk is not any greater with this game than any other AR game on the phone.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites." - Karen 

08 July 2016 - 04:39 PM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

GO question: I actually downloaded this on iPhone 4s, which should not be compatible with GO. But the game often tosses me a server error message when I try to log in.  Occasionally the game will let me in but there is nothing to do in the game (no pokemon, no pokespots, nothing basically). Just caught a Bulbasaur and that's it. Normal? Or am I not supposed to see anything if I try to run the game on an incompatible device. Btw I downloaded this directly from the USA app store and not the APK file.

Still living in Malaysia.... I hope someone here can enlighten me as pokemon (or even nintendo for that matter) doesn't care about Malaysia (or Singapore, Philippines etc.) so I can't find any answers online. I also posted on other forums but have yet to get any useful reply.

08 July 2016 - 09:02 PM

wwhsdjhudj

Veteran Trainer

• wwhsdjhudj

GO question: I actually downloaded this on iPhone 4s, which should not be compatible with GO. But the game often tosses me a server error message when I try to log in.  Occasionally the game will let me in but there is nothing to do in the game (no pokemon, no pokespots, nothing basically). Just caught a Bulbasaur and that's it. Normal? Or am I not supposed to see anything if I try to run the game on an incompatible device. Btw I downloaded this directly from the USA app store and not the APK file.

Still living in Malaysia.... I hope someone here can enlighten me as pokemon (or even nintendo for that matter) doesn't care about Malaysia (or Singapore, Philippines etc.) so I can't find any answers online. I also posted on other forums but have yet to get any useful reply.

There's been a lot of server issues of that's what you are asking, servers have been down continuously, probably because of the amount of traffic. So no you are probably not the only one seeing that message XD.
Just speculation here, but since you are in Malaysia and you downloaded it from the U.S. app store, it might just not have Pokemon primed in your area yet. Or it could be because you are using an incompatible device XD But if the Bulbasaur you caught in the beginning was your starter, try walking around a bit to find some others (with the app open, not in the background). Hope this helps!

WWhsdjhudj

Level 30

57% Complete

Here to help those who need it 

08 July 2016 - 10:12 PM

Chikoen

Rookie Trainer

• Chikoen
Im sad. I was using my Account I used for the tcgo. Now I cant log in anymore and all my friends are playing.

09 July 2016 - 12:49 AM

Xensor

Elite Trainer

• Xensor

all these concerns about people not paying attention to their surroundings is old news, and should be common sense for anyone out there with any kind of device. I remember the scaremongering adverts we had in the 90s when handheld things and walkmans were becoming more mainstream. Kid's should be taught this basic safety stuff when they get the phone anyway.

the risk is not any greater with this game than any other AR game on the phone.

yeah i know. but i just thought to give others a head up. the game isn't be banned. but a curfew is being placed for anyone under the age of 18 in my city. it was midnight now its 11pm or when it becomes dark. its sad that this happened. it was like 1 am where i am, and i was at work and seen 2 teens almost ******* by a vehicle. 2 kids during day happened to walk into a car while playing the game. they didn't get hurt but the city is concerned for em.

but the curfew is better then the other option i was hearing about. they planned on banning the game. (idk how they would be able to. )

09 July 2016 - 02:03 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

There's been a lot of server issues of that's what you are asking, servers have been down continuously, probably because of the amount of traffic. So no you are probably not the only one seeing that message XD.
Just speculation here, but since you are in Malaysia and you downloaded it from the U.S. app store, it might just not have Pokemon primed in your area yet. Or it could be because you are using an incompatible device XD But if the Bulbasaur you caught in the beginning was your starter, try walking around a bit to find some others (with the app open, not in the background). Hope this helps!

WWhsdjhudj

I sure hope it's not the latter....

I tried logging in at different locations (in my house, near my college etc) but I can't find anything :(

26 July 2016 - 06:17 AM

music2000

Rookie Trainer

• music2000
This is so funny Pokemon song :D

26 July 2016 - 09:57 AM

MaSkullzOnFire

Elite Trainer

• MaSkullzOnFire

This is so funny Pokemon song :*

Links to other websites are against the forums rules.

10 September 2016 - 03:53 PM

pikachoose2

Junior Trainer

• pikachoose2

pokemon go should  pokemon go and make it self work with ipad 2 without crashing

12 September 2016 - 08:48 AM

nguyentrongvan

Rookie Trainer

• nguyentrongvan
I love you, Pokemon GO

Edited by nguyentrongvan, 12 September 2016 - 08:51 AM.

05 October 2016 - 06:57 AM

AK66

Rookie Trainer

• AK66

hmm. why the theme events use 4 tokens is gone? is very helpful for amateur. please get it back.

05 October 2016 - 09:27 AM

MaSkullzOnFire

Elite Trainer

• MaSkullzOnFire

hmm. why the theme events use 4 tokens is gone? is very helpful for amateur. please get it back.

This is a post for Pokémon GO.

06 October 2016 - 09:20 AM

chelseaadams

Rookie Trainer

• chelseaadams

Do you guys know or heard of PikaBelleChu? She's like the holy grail for Pikachu. She has everything with this theme.

I read an interview with her on a blog ( on collectorism )but if I can't share this with you guys sorry, delete it

Anyways It's worth reading i think she's a huge thing in the poke world

Edited by chelseaadams, 06 October 2016 - 09:26 AM.

22 December 2016 - 08:30 AM

Dr_boss242245

Rookie Trainer

• Dr_boss242245
How do u play a game

06 January 2017 - 11:36 PM

K4nK4nMahadi

Rookie Trainer

• K4nK4nMahadi

Howdy, folks. I've just registered to www.pokemon.com a few hours ago. I may need some help. You see, I got Pokemon Go a several months ago and registered using my Google account. Now I need to know how can I transfer my Pokemon Go progress from my Google account to my New Pokemon Trainer Account in www.pokemon.com, or is such a thing necessary?