Official Pokémon GO Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply

15 September 2015 - 10:02 PM

Mod_Snow

• Mod_Snow

Check out this announcement and discuss your excitement, plans, and expectations for Pokémon GO here!

Moderator Snow
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
“Mods are always just a hoppip, skiploom, and a jumpluff away!”

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

16 September 2015 - 12:12 AM

wwhsdjhudj

Veteran Trainer

• wwhsdjhudj

I'm really looking forward to the game! The trailer was amazing, and I cannot wait until 2016, I am so pumped for the game!! The only disappointing thing was the actual game play animation/graphics... I feel they were not up to par with what the trailer gave. It would be amazing if they could pair it with something like google glass but cheaper and more efficient so we could get the same things as the trailer! I feel like so many more people would get it then, and it would become the best app for the next few years  :D. All in all though, it will be EPIC!  ;)

Level 30

57% Complete

Here to help those who need it 

16 September 2015 - 12:58 AM

WulfMichaelson

Rookie Trainer

• WulfMichaelson

Incredibly excited!  The adults in our family are all veteran Ingress players and with kids that love Pokémon, I am super excited to see the worlds collide!   I just wish there was more information about the closed beta! :)

16 September 2015 - 06:26 AM

harshu

Elite Trainer

• harshu

Well its another splendid game to be honest. But unlucky for me. since no pokemon at my place ! :( I wish pokemon would come at my place. Many players at my place even on TCG, miss it so much. But the game is awesome as are the others. Great Game :)

Probably the MOST HATED WRITER on PTCGO !
If you need any Deck help just visit this thread - The Best Decks in TCG - http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/28694-the-best-decks-in-tcg/
If you are new, and looking for a Beginner's Guide, click the following topic, to get reach to a Helpful Guide. - New Player Guide - http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/31931-new-player-guide/
Click the names, and you can reach those Topics :)

16 September 2015 - 11:19 AM

quasardeadly

Veteran Trainer

• quasardeadly

I am also very excited for this new game Mod_Snow . I wish to catch all dragon and grass types with Pokemon GOOOO   :D .

Edited by quasardeadly, 16 September 2015 - 11:19 AM.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/index.php?showtopic=34440

16 September 2015 - 01:47 PM

WulfMichaelson

Rookie Trainer

• WulfMichaelson

Well its another splendid game to be honest. But unlucky for me. since no pokemon at my place ! :( I wish pokemon would come at my place.

harshu - it isn't released yet! Be patient. If you look at Niantic's other game - Ingress - the portals in that game are EVERYWHERE. Check out the Ingress Intel Map see the world map. There are portals in every city on Earth. In my city there are over 10,000.

So I am sure when Pokemon Go! comes out, they will have opportunities to catch Pokemon everywhere as well.

To be honest though, I kinda hope that catching some of the more rare Pokemon will require travel, maybe even to the right "terrain". If you can catch everything in your own backyard, I think that defeats the real purpose of an Augmented Reality Game.

Edited by WulfMichaelson, 16 September 2015 - 01:47 PM.

16 September 2015 - 08:23 PM

wwhsdjhudj

Veteran Trainer

• wwhsdjhudj

Yeah that is true... Like maybe certain legends can be caught at certain places around the world or at certain events and they have to be traded. Possibly something like water pokemon when over seas like on a cruise or something, then a Lugia appears, that would be cool.

Level 30

57% Complete

17 September 2015 - 01:36 PM

WulfMichaelson

Rookie Trainer

• WulfMichaelson

Yeah that is true... Like maybe certain legends can be caught at certain places around the world or at certain events and they have to be traded. Possibly something like water pokemon when over seas like on a cruise or something, then a Lugia appears, that would be cool.

For legends that would be great.  But I was thinking even for more basic stuff... It depends how granular they can get with the mapping/terrain data.  But given that Niantic's CEO built Google Earth, I'm guessing it will be pretty good.  Finding a water pokemon by a lake, river, ocean or stream would all be great.  I just hope we aren't finding desert or mountain pokemon in the middle of a flat forest, for example. ;)

18 September 2015 - 04:15 PM

SalamenceRider

Trainer

• SalamenceRider
After rewatching the PokemonGo trailer I noticed they have Forts with blue and red flags which is most interesting because they only show Pokemon from the original 150 Blue and Red games. Will we get to start our real world adventure by choosing a team like we chose a version? Will this determine what Pokemon we can catch and encourage trading/battling with the other team?

IIngress has had alot of success in spurring massive live events for their teams, maybe they could replicate with PokemonGo?

I'm also hoping the GoPlus will be a step counter and allow you to take a Pokemon with you/raise it's level like with the PokeWalker.

19 September 2015 - 02:51 PM

WulfMichaelson

Rookie Trainer

• WulfMichaelson

After rewatching the PokemonGo trailer I noticed they have Forts with blue and red flags which is most interesting because they only show Pokemon from the original 150 Blue and Red games. Will we get to start our real world adventure by choosing a team like we chose a version? 

I went back and re-watched it too after reading your comments.  I noticed a red hat, red shoes and saw the red fort at the park, but didn't see much on the blue side.  I was actually hoping they wouldn't have a 2-faction system.  That has worked well for Ingress in many ways, but it isn't perfect and has led to some pretty tense cross-faction problems at times which the communities have to be strong to deal with.  Also, since I have made friends in the other Ingress faction, I was hoping this time we wouldn't have to choose sides and end up opposite each other again...

I'm kinda hoping for more of a free-for-fall style with rewards for helping your fellow players advance/grow.  I think this is in theme with the TV show's beginnings...  We shall see!

19 September 2015 - 07:16 PM

SalamenceRider

Trainer

• SalamenceRider

I went back and re-watched it too after reading your comments.  I noticed a red hat, red shoes and saw the red fort at the park, but didn't see much on the blue side.  I was actually hoping they wouldn't have a 2-faction system.  That has worked well for Ingress in many ways, but it isn't perfect and has led to some pretty tense cross-faction problems at times which the communities have to be strong to deal with.  Also, since I have made friends in the other Ingress faction, I was hoping this time we wouldn't have to choose sides and end up opposite each other again...

I'm kinda hoping for more of a free-for-fall style with rewards for helping your fellow players advance/grow.  I think this is in theme with the TV show's beginnings...  We shall see!

You make a great point! I've only been playing with my wife on Ingress for a few months and we're on the same side so I haven't seen any of the conflict, but I can see how that could be an issue. Pokemon does generally focus on teamwork vs segregation. Honestly I'm just excited it's happening at all! Here's hoping that they have a great Fort system that works well with the Spirit of the Game of Pokemon!

06 October 2015 - 08:51 AM

krookodileUSB

Rookie Trainer

• krookodileUSB

Pokemon Go will be a game changer. Playing Ingress since 2012, I can see that they are upgrading the whole experience with this one.  Soon, everyone will be catching pokemon in the wild!! It will bring a new era in the genre. Can't wait  :)

22 October 2015 - 12:08 AM

jcgss77

Expert Trainer

• jcgss77

This needs to be thought out more, as it is kind of messed up to have an event, say in NY, NY, and only there, while the rest of the world misses out.  Perhaps at least have a place every say 100/150 miles for the contests, or more, that way the extremely rare/legendary pokemon will still be somewhat attainable, and not just available to the rich or those lucky enough to live in the area.

Though, this will promote a heavy trade aspect to the game.

19 March 2016 - 10:35 AM

Velvetlotus

Novice Trainer

• Velvetlotus

I am genuinely concerned for people using this app. Already in the UK there are hundreds of deaths and injuries a year linked to mobile phone usage in public revolved around lack of attention and traffic. My next major concern is theft; advertising you own a phone to thieves is not a smart idea.

20 March 2016 - 05:21 AM

TreTorMud

Veteran Trainer

• TreTorMud

Pokebeach just released some footage on pokemon GO. Looks interesting ennough

62% Completion - Set closest to completion: Dark Explorers  - 14 Sets Complete

21 March 2016 - 09:19 PM

SpiralBreeze

Trainer

• SpiralBreeze

I am genuinely concerned for people using this app. Already in the UK there are hundreds of deaths and injuries a year linked to mobile phone usage in public revolved around lack of attention and traffic. My next major concern is theft; advertising you own a phone to thieves is not a smart idea.

I'd be really concerned about this too. The commercial featured Times Square, while crime in the city has vasty improved, where as most NYers didn't set foot in Times Square 30 years ago, it's still such a dangerous area to be walking around with your phone out!

When I'm in a high traffic area of Manhattan and need to use my phone, I try to find a place to sit down, or walk toward a bus shelter, somewhere where I can be off the main path and stop and have a wall between me and other pedestrians.

I'm an older fan, but I would hate to start hearing stories of stuff happening to our fellow younger trainers.

Edited by SpiralBreeze, 21 March 2016 - 09:21 PM.

It was perfect, beautiful, like something someone with an over active imagination would dream up in her unfulfilled fantasies. - Jessie of Team Rocket in "The Heart Break of Brock."

:DThis Pokémon Fanfiction writer is a Creative Writing major at NYU! :D

26 March 2016 - 07:34 PM

wwhsdjhudj

Veteran Trainer

• wwhsdjhudj

I'd be really concerned about this too. The commercial featured Times Square, while crime in the city has vasty improved, where as most NYers didn't set foot in Times Square 30 years ago, it's still such a dangerous area to be walking around with your phone out!

When I'm in a high traffic area of Manhattan and need to use my phone, I try to find a place to sit down, or walk toward a bus shelter, somewhere where I can be off the main path and stop and have a wall between me and other pedestrians.

I'm an older fan, but I would hate to start hearing stories of stuff happening to our fellow younger trainers.

I agree with you, it would be awful if something happened to the younger generation, but what are the chances of that? If you live in a highly populated area, there will definitely be a lot of Pokemon Fans, especially this year because of the 20th anniversary, I feel like these large group events would have more fans running all over the place but also be more regulated and protected.

But still, same thing as 7 months ago, excited to play this game!!!

Level 30

57% Complete

27 March 2016 - 12:31 AM

WulfMichaelson

Rookie Trainer

• WulfMichaelson

Well, I was going to share useful links, but apparently we are not permitted to do so here???

The signup for the beta is live on Niantic's site, but so far only open to Japan.

Edited by WulfMichaelson, 27 March 2016 - 12:31 AM.

06 July 2016 - 09:13 PM

the_sqveel

Expert Trainer

• the_sqveel

Was looking forward to this, but expecting a paywall now :( just like the "free to play with in app purchases" pokemon games on 3ds. Bad form, i'd rather give them 30 bucks for the app straight up

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites." - Karen 

06 July 2016 - 11:15 PM

MightyBone1

Novice Trainer

• MightyBone1

Phone to bad so no GO for me :(