Get more cards with the new Basic Theme Decks!

• Please log in to reply

16 October 2016 - 09:21 AM

BScorpione

Rookie Trainer

• BScorpione

So if any devs read these comments, please consider allowing players to choose which card they want to sacrifice to make room for the prize cards you win in the challenges.

Also, more goals (with rewards) would be great. Like a 5 coin prize for using all 4 decks on the same trainer. Also, why stop the deck use rewards so soon? How about a reward for winning with the same deck 25 times, or 50 times? Finally, unless I'm missing something, it seems that once you complete a challenge level (gold, for example) using the "easy" mode, there's no incentive to try again using the medium or hard modes... but it seems like there should be.

agreed with the 1st ...

for the easy mode - it gives less xp towards the 1 - 4 star challenge compared to med / hard mode while hard mode giving the most xp.

getting XY Basic Blue fully unlocked (7+/7) should aim for hard mode on all for faster xp towards the completion of trainer(s) / rank(s) after getting the strategy figured. as for the other decks.... same thing can be done.

I remember doing on hard mode & the AI end up having a EX while my theme deck doesn't have 'em (AI doesn't have them before that certain update) = what gives w/ that new update?!

16 October 2016 - 09:48 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

agreed with the 1st ...

for the easy mode - it gives less xp towards the 1 - 4 star challenge compared to med / hard mode while hard mode giving the most xp.

getting XY Basic Blue fully unlocked (7+/7) should aim for hard mode on all for faster xp towards the completion of trainer(s) / rank(s) after getting the strategy figured. as for the other decks.... same thing can be done.

I remember doing on hard mode & the AI end up having a EX while my theme deck doesn't have 'em (AI doesn't have them before that certain update) = what gives w/ that new update?!

The first idea will never be implemented. The point is that the end product must be the same for all players.

When EXes first came to PTCGO the AI already had them on easy. Yeah easy. But their AI is braindead enough to still let you win against them.

Edited by BowserLuigi, 16 October 2016 - 09:48 AM.

06 November 2016 - 03:12 PM

theotherguytm

Expert Trainer

• theotherguytm

@Mods

Seriously, it's been months since these decks were no longer available. Please unpin this thread!

This is my OTHER signature.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/42500-the-mindless-nonsense-begins-my-ideas/

07 November 2016 - 01:32 AM

CadenceMatah

Rookie Trainer

• CadenceMatah
Trainer challenges used to be easy before the update. Winning battles against the air was like cutting butter with a hot knife. Now I can't win matches without having to concede 50 to 100 times. Earning packs by completing the trainer challenges just isn't worth the extra time. It is so frustrating and I don't like it. I want the difficulty to go back down. This isn't fun anymore. Used to be the ai *************** me after knocking out three of my Pokémon when I hadn't knocked any of his out or if the attack it had was overkill. Nope, it just clean sweeps my deck.

05 December 2016 - 07:45 AM

Trucker_monkey

Rookie Trainer

• Trucker_monkey

Please pass this note on to the people who make those decisions (I realize there is a disconnect between the computer game and the actual card game):

I hold out hope (as I noted that the Fates Collide pre-made decks were some of the strongest prior to the re-vamp of the new computer based decks), that the new pre-constructed decks coming out in future sets will have a certain amount of power creep.

The reason for this is that with the new decks for the Trainer Challenge it has become abundantly boring to play the Theme-Based Versus Ladder (Oh look someone playing the Yellow Deck again).

07 December 2016 - 04:27 AM

666Ozymandias66

Junior Trainer

• 666Ozymandias66

Is there any way for me to get those decks, maybe by code?

It seems a bit unfair to me that older players have the new ones too.

Why should I have a disadvantage because I started playing recently?

07 December 2016 - 04:51 PM

KaiLaSo

Senior Trainer

• KaiLaSo

Is there any way for me to get those decks, maybe by code?

It seems a bit unfair to me that older players have the new ones too.

Why should I have a disadvantage because I started playing recently?

Does it make a difference? The new theme deck is so much stronger than those older theme deck unless you want to collect them for collection purposes

Edited by KaiLaSo, 07 December 2016 - 04:53 PM.