Get more cards with the new Basic Theme Decks!

• Please log in to reply

08 November 2015 - 07:05 AM

Cefiro

Junior Trainer

• Cefiro

So can somebody confirm for me that the updated decks have only 1 copy of the Stage 2 Greninja, Delphox, or Chesnaught?

Because the ones in the store list that they have 2 copies. I just want to make sure the ones provided for you are supposed to have 1 copy rather than 2.

08 November 2015 - 07:21 AM

PlatinumDude

Veteran Trainer

• PlatinumDude

So can somebody confirm for me that the updated decks have only 1 copy of the Stage 2 Greninja, Delphox, or Chesnaught?

Because the ones in the store list that they have 2 copies. I just want to make sure the ones provided for you are supposed to have 1 copy rather than 2.

The Basic Green, Basic Red, and Basic Blue decks are exclusive to Pokemon TCG Online; these are the decks that have the fully-evolved Kalos starters at one copy each.

The decks you're talking about are completely separate from those, and have been sold in real life.

Edited by PlatinumDude, 08 November 2015 - 07:21 AM.

18 November 2015 - 08:40 AM

FluidFlowsel

Rookie Trainer

• FluidFlowsel

Even though the basic blue deck has been scaled down for newer players, something seriously needs to be done about the ones older players have that were unlocked. I was just playing against someone with the old OP basic blue deck with the ROS Articuno 16/108 while using the BW: Basic Green deck, didn't even stand a chance with how fast they got energy out and I'm super annoyed I lost 4 tickets to that.

The 2 options I can see would be to either replace their current OP theme deck with the updated one or give them the new version and make the old OP deck build unable to be used in tournaments.

19 January 2016 - 11:34 PM

Xensor

Elite Trainer

• Xensor

you unlock these decks with the amount of overall wins. you get boosters on purchased theme decks.

27 May 2016 - 02:27 AM

BlueInfinity

Novice Trainer

• BlueInfinity

The theme decks for XY Green and Blue are so frustrating to verse in theme versus. It's always astounding how easy it is to win with those with almost no effort whatsoever. It's practically autopilot.

Edited by BlueInfinity, 27 May 2016 - 02:27 AM.

27 May 2016 - 03:46 PM

KarpGrinder

Expert Trainer

• KarpGrinder

@FluidFlowsel

Older Players can unlock any of the starter decks by defeating opponents in the trainer challenge - with exception to the XY: Basic Yellow, which is 'meh' anyway.

EDIT: re-worded to appease the finicky censor gods. 

Edited by KarpGrinder, 27 May 2016 - 03:47 PM.

29 May 2016 - 11:03 PM

propugnator

Senior Trainer

• propugnator

Even though the basic blue deck has been scaled down for newer players, something seriously needs to be done about the ones older players have that were unlocked. I was just playing against someone with the old OP basic blue deck with the ROS Articuno 16/108 while using the BW: Basic Green deck, didn't even stand a chance with how fast they got energy out and I'm super annoyed I lost 4 tickets to that.

The 2 options I can see would be to either replace their current OP theme deck with the updated one or give them the new version and make the old OP deck build unable to be used in tournaments.

Actually, it's practically only basic green for BW era. Basic Blue can give you a bad start if you start with, say, Tympole, seismitoad, dewott, lapras, samurott, energy, energy. Basic Red just plain SUCKS, as you can maybe get out a blaziken once **********. I agree that basic green should be nerfed, it doesn't have any cut-off evos and the only mediocre pokemon (in theme format) is possible beautifly. Oh, and it also has Bianca, Colress, Random Receiver, Town Map, and Bicycle. And Level Ball.

Have a good day!

21 July 2016 - 12:34 AM

MoeMower

Novice Trainer

• MoeMower

I got all the cards before I even play a game ( I realized that I have 4 locked muscle band: 2 from lighting, 2 from water). And for the MVP of the theme deck, I really love delphox (the best card in Fire theme so far :D ). For the grass theme, while Shiftry is strong at first glance, I love Simisage more: its Torment attack is so disruptive that I can use it to 2 hit KO nearly every stage 1 monster while let the AI to stun and cannot even make a move. For the Water theme, I'm just so disappointed that it is too weak compare to the other 2. My ranking should be:

1/ grass

2/ fire

3/ water

First of all, Hi :)

Although I've been a Pokemon fan & player since Red & Blue came out... mostly because my son - who was 7 at the time - would get "stuck" at certain points and I had to learn the game to help him figure it out... and a fan of TCG since it first came out for Gameboy, I never knew there was an online version until I came to this site for the Pokémon Go registration. Being 54 now, I decided I'd rather enjoy playing TCG than trekking all over town wearing out my shoes and phone battery with the other game, lol.

I wanted to mention that I actually really like the water deck. I've worked out a pretty good strategy with it as well. Basically, I try to get Articuno early on, primarily for his energy retrievAL power. If I am able to get Articuno and the water stadium card (for healing), I'm pretty much guaranteed to win...at least on the trainer challenges... even if it takes a while for me to get the stage 2 cards. Then again, if I manage to get Articuno & Gyarados early on, I don't even need the others - I just use 2 turns of collecting energy with Articuno, which I'm adding to Garados as I go, then switch to Garados for attacking while I add the remaining energy to Articuno as my backup.

I set additional challenges for myself as well, such as trying to beat each trainer at least once with each deck type, instead of just using the one that they're weak against. So having completed the gold challenge (getting to the full 30,000 pts on each trainer, and using all 4 decks on each trainer as well), and having nearly completed the silver with the same self-imposed rules....I can say that you absolutely CAN win against all the trainers with the water/blue deck.

Just thought I'd mention this.... ;)

Edited by MoeMower, 21 July 2016 - 12:39 AM.

21 July 2016 - 12:57 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Hello, and welcome to the TCGO!  I'm glad you've got Basic Blue working for you.  I would like to let you know, since you're new here and don't already, that you're not really supposed to post on threads than have been inactive for over 14 days.  You can see the date of last post in its top left corner.  Keep the Pokémon rolling!

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

21 July 2016 - 01:04 AM

MoeMower

Novice Trainer

• MoeMower
PS:
I do have one complaint re the basic decks, though. While I realize that being able to edit the decks would defeat the purpose of the trainer challenges, I do think that when you earn a new card for each deck, you should be able to choose which card to give up to make room for the new one.

As it stands now, for instance, there are NO healing items in my blue deck. I'm guessing this is because ,once I earned the stadium card that heals 30 points every turn, the devs thought potions & all were unnecessary. But, if that stadium card doesn't come up early on, or is stuck in your prizes, you can lose really quickly.

So if any devs read these comments, please consider allowing players to choose which card they want to sacrifice to make room for the prize cards you win in the challenges.

Also, more goals (with rewards) would be great. Like a 5 coin prize for using all 4 decks on the same trainer. Also, why stop the deck use rewards so soon? How about a reward for winning with the same deck 25 times, or 50 times? Finally, unless I'm missing something, it seems that once you complete a challenge level (gold, for example) using the "easy" mode, there's no incentive to try again using the medium or hard modes... but it seems like there should be.

Hopefully someone at "Pokémon Central " will read this and consider adding some additional reward levels to the trainer challenges, as well as the option to choose which card you are willing to lose to make room for the existing rewards. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed, lol.

21 July 2016 - 01:11 AM

MoeMower

Novice Trainer

• MoeMower

Hello, and welcome to the TCGO!  I'm glad you've got Basic Blue working for you.  I would like to let you know, since you're new here and don't already, that you're not really supposed to post on threads than have been inactive for over 14 days.  You can see the date of last post in its top left corner.  Keep the Pokémon rolling!

Oh! Sorry about that!

Since I've been primarily playing the trainer challenges so far, this thread caught my attention first. I'll be sure to check dates going forward, though.

Btw, is there a better place for me to post my second comment re the rewards & choosing which card to give up? A place where the folks who make those decisions actually read our ideas perhaps... like a suggestion box?

21 July 2016 - 03:07 AM

seminc

Elite Trainer

• seminc

Just an FYI, pinned threads do not count as far as the 14 day rule is concerned, as long as the post is valid and relates to the topic and is not just for raising post count.

seminc

Da Señor Guru

63% Complete — 2 Sets Complete

26 July 2016 - 02:46 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Oh gosh, was that pinned?  Oops.  Sorry.  Aasvell.

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

10 August 2016 - 07:58 PM

MoeMower

Novice Trainer

• MoeMower

Just an FYI, pinned threads do not count as far as the 14 day rule is concerned, as long as the post is valid and relates to the topic and is not just for raising post count.

Thank you for mentioning that.   I've posted on forums before (not this one, obviously), and I do know that older threads usually move to the bottom of the list, so I hadn't realized how old this one was when I first posted on it because it was at the top (and pinned).

I was kind of surprised that, since it actually was so old, it was a- still pinned; and b- not locked, thereby allowing me to make that post. 

Glad to know I wasn't actually violating any rules!!

Thanks   :D

*Edited to fix where the system turned my "b )" into a smiley face, lol. 

Edited by MoeMower, 10 August 2016 - 08:00 PM.

10 September 2016 - 07:20 PM

The_Conrad

Rookie Trainer

• The_Conrad

I really enjoy using the 3 started decks, especially because my other decks aren't very good.

10 September 2016 - 07:56 PM

WolfVanelle

Rookie Trainer

• WolfVanelle

I've been playing since August I think and reading helps a lot, I finished all this last month or so, seeing a post about it now is a little on the dumb side but at least for those who didn't know now have a chance at doing this? I guess?

26 September 2016 - 07:00 AM

Rubinho23

Rookie Trainer

• Rubinho23
Where can i adquire this three decks? Thanks

26 September 2016 - 07:12 AM

seminc

Elite Trainer

• seminc

Where can i adquire this three decks? Thanks

If you log into the game any time before maintenance you will have the decks in your Trainer Challenge. Beating 7 different trainers with each deck will let you use the decks in PvP

seminc

Da Señor Guru

63% Complete — 2 Sets Complete

06 October 2016 - 08:49 AM

theotherguytm

Expert Trainer

• theotherguytm

@Mods

Since these decks are no longer available, could this be unpinned please?

Thanks.

This is my OTHER signature.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/42500-the-mindless-nonsense-begins-my-ideas/

06 October 2016 - 09:02 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

@Mods

Since these decks are no longer available, could this be unpinned please?

Thanks.

Well, can they edit the OP to show the pokemon go mascots decks instead?