Get more cards with the new Basic Theme Decks!

• Please log in to reply

04 September 2015 - 05:24 PM

Mod_Snow

• Mod_Snow

Hey there!

With the update on Sept. 3rd, new Basic Blue, Green and Red Theme Decks were released for use in the Trainer Challenge. With them comes new challenges where you can expand your Collection!

Attached File  TCGO_Basic_DeckBox.png   347.36KB   0 downloads

As you play through the Trainer Challenge with these decks, more cards will be unlocked for use in the Trainer Challenge until the whole deck is complete. Even better, once you claim victory in 7 matches with these decks they will unlock for use in Theme Deck Versus matches AND the cards will be added to your Collection, so you can customize more decks using the Basic Deck cards!

Of course it may not be easy! This new build has armed the Trainer Challenge AI with new decks. Have you discovered their strategies yet? Tell us below your new Basic Theme Deck strategies for taking on the new Trainer Challenge decks and getting these cards into your collection!

Edited by TPCi_Samhayne, 01 December 2015 - 08:09 PM.

Moderator Snow
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
“Mods are always just a hoppip, skiploom, and a jumpluff away!”

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

04 September 2015 - 05:55 PM

graywh

Elite Trainer

• graywh

Aren't the unlockable cards already added to your collection?

Forums Rules
  • Stay on Topic
  • Search, then Post
  • Be Constructive
  • Play Nice
  • Be Honest
  • Keep Your Private Life Private
  • Keep Your Links Official
  • Discipline is Private
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

04 September 2015 - 06:14 PM

harshu

Elite Trainer

• harshu

Aren't the unlockable cards already added to your collection?

Nope :/

Probably the MOST HATED WRITER on PTCGO !
If you need any Deck help just visit this thread - The Best Decks in TCG - http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/28694-the-best-decks-in-tcg/
If you are new, and looking for a Beginner's Guide, click the following topic, to get reach to a Helpful Guide. - New Player Guide - http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/31931-new-player-guide/
Click the names, and you can reach those Topics :)

04 September 2015 - 08:26 PM

graywh

Elite Trainer

• graywh

Nope :/

Actually, they are.  Before playing any games with the decks I've got the non-holo Chesnaught, Delphox, Greninja, and Shiftry in my collection.  Those cards are unique to these decks.

Edited by graywh, 04 September 2015 - 09:11 PM.

Forums Rules
  • Stay on Topic
  • Search, then Post
  • Be Constructive
  • Play Nice
  • Be Honest
  • Keep Your Private Life Private
  • Keep Your Links Official
  • Discipline is Private
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

05 September 2015 - 05:17 AM

quasardeadly

Veteran Trainer

• quasardeadly

These new XY Basic theme decks are really astounding . I have won all 7 games with each theme deck and unlocked their all the cards . Out of all the pokemon's i loved shiftry , greninja , delphox , articuno the most :) .

Edited by quasardeadly, 05 September 2015 - 05:17 AM.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/index.php?showtopic=34440

05 September 2015 - 11:21 AM

harshu

Elite Trainer

• harshu

Actually, they are.  Before playing any games with the decks I've got the non-holo Chesnaught, Delphox, Greninja, and Shiftry in my collection.  Those cards are unique to these decks.

if that had happened, then I would have got all HGSS Cards from the HGSS Blue, Red and Green Decks ! While this isn't the case, as before the bug struck, I was only able to unlock cards from Basic Blue. After winning 7 from others, even 12, I couldn't unlock them due to bug. But I don't even have a single copy of many of those cards !

If you need any Deck help just visit this thread - The Best Decks in TCG - http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/28694-the-best-decks-in-tcg/
If you are new, and looking for a Beginner's Guide, click the following topic, to get reach to a Helpful Guide. - New Player Guide - http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/31931-new-player-guide/

05 September 2015 - 11:59 AM

SinistarRay0

Veteran Trainer

• SinistarRay0

if that had happened, then I would have got all HGSS Cards from the HGSS Blue, Red and Green Decks ! While this isn't the case, as before the bug struck, I was only able to unlock cards from Basic Blue. After winning 7 from others, even 12, I couldn't unlock them due to bug. But I don't even have a single copy of many of those cards !

I got all the cards before I even play a game ( I realized that I have 4 locked muscle band: 2 from lighting, 2 from water). And for the MVP of the theme deck, I really love delphox (the best card in Fire theme so far :D ). For the grass theme, while Shiftry is strong at first glance, I love Simisage more: its Torment attack is so disruptive that I can use it to 2 hit KO nearly every stage 1 monster while let the AI to stun and cannot even make a move. For the Water theme, I'm just so disappointed that it is too weak compare to the other 2. My ranking should be:

1/ grass

2/ fire

3/ water

05 September 2015 - 02:22 PM

BogameAOC7

Rookie Trainer

• BogameAOC7

Will the "win 12 matches to get a booster pack" thing apply to the new basic decks? If I remember correctly, it applied to the old ones; but, as of right now, it doesn't for the new ones.

05 September 2015 - 02:55 PM

harshu

Elite Trainer

• harshu

I got all the cards before I even play a game ( I realized that I have 4 locked muscle band: 2 from lighting, 2 from water). And for the MVP of the theme deck, I really love delphox (the best card in Fire theme so far :D ). For the grass theme, while Shiftry is strong at first glance, I love Simisage more: its Torment attack is so disruptive that I can use it to 2 hit KO nearly every stage 1 monster while let the AI to stun and cannot even make a move. For the Water theme, I'm just so disappointed that it is too weak compare to the other 2. My ranking should be:

1/ grass

2/ fire

3/ water

Well thats good. I got all the theme deck after winning 7 matches. But I am sad, for that I still can't get my HGSS Decks :(

Will the "win 12 matches to get a booster pack" thing apply to the new basic decks? If I remember correctly, it applied to the old ones; but, as of right now, it doesn't for the new ones.

No, only 7 wins and you get Boosters I think, because I got 2 :o

05 September 2015 - 03:17 PM

BogameAOC7

Rookie Trainer

• BogameAOC7

No, only 7 wins and you get Boosters I think, because I got 2 :o

Hmm, that's weird because I got 7 wins with 2 of the basic decks (grass and water) and 12 wins with the other one (fire) and I didn't get a single booster pack from any of them  :wacko:

05 September 2015 - 03:22 PM

harshu

Elite Trainer

• harshu

Hmm, that's weird because I got 7 wins with 2 of the basic decks (grass and water) and 12 wins with the other one (fire) and I didn't get a single booster pack from any of them  :wacko:

Well sorry. But I didn't got any booster. Just unlocked the other 2 decks as well now. No Boosters, maybe they were from somewhere else :D Sorry for creating confusion. Also, 12 packs for booster is only for theme decks you buy from store, or redeem through codes !! Though if you play 12 matches with XY Yellow in trainer challenge, you will unlock a booster. Just found out. its my next task :D

05 November 2015 - 08:53 AM

PlatinumDude

Veteran Trainer

• PlatinumDude

All three decks are pretty good in their own right, but I feel the Water got nerfed. The Energy searchers in Articuno (from the deck) and Lapras (from the discard pile) were replaced by Magikarp and Gyarados. And it's hard to keep Magikarp alive if your opponent has bench-snipers and/or decently strong attackers.

05 November 2015 - 12:54 PM

jcgss77

Expert Trainer

• jcgss77

All three decks are pretty good in their own right, but I feel the Water got nerfed. The Energy searchers in Articuno (from the deck) and Lapras (from the discard pile) were replaced by Magikarp and Gyarados. And it's hard to keep Magikarp alive if your opponent has bench-snipers and/or decently strong attackers.

The point was to scale the deck back because it was WAY too OP. I am glad to see it get that treatment, it ruined the theme deck portion of the game. No more basic blue tournaments.

05 November 2015 - 03:45 PM

ZevKyogre

Trainer

• ZevKyogre

All I can be thankful for is that it wasn't any worse for me.

I still kept my Lapras and Articunos.

What is going to happen for new players - will they not be able to get Articuno and Lapras outside of booster packs? Because that kind of bites.

05 November 2015 - 09:27 PM

00dragonite00

Trainer

• 00dragonite00

Gyarados can be unstoppable in Theme Tournaments. Once he gets set up with 4 energies, he'll OHKO any pokemon the opponent throws at him. I think a lot of people underestimate him.

05 November 2015 - 10:41 PM

jcgss77

Expert Trainer

• jcgss77

Gyarados can be unstoppable in Theme Tournaments. Once he gets set up with 4 energies, he'll OHKO any pokemon the opponent throws at him. I think a lot of people underestimate him.

That is why opponents aim to ******* ko'd, he is dangerous.

06 November 2015 - 01:44 AM

shinygeodude

Veteran Trainer

• shinygeodude

They have to be different trainers. The trainers can have the same name, as long as they occupy different positions. You can see which ones you've beaten with your currently selected deck by looking at the row of check marks. The light green ones correspond to trainers you've beaten, so click on one of the dark green ones to jump to a trainer you haven't beaten.

06 November 2015 - 03:24 AM

phalanx1337

Veteran Trainer

• phalanx1337

great.. how about actually nerfing xy green and red, a few trainer card changes is not solving the issue, still tropis with double colourless, mass card drawing and move disabling monkey, still the unkillable chesnaught and an op shiftry there.

do it properly.

still beyond fun fighting green, and red still has the same opness it had before,

Edited by phalanx1337, 06 November 2015 - 03:25 AM.

06 November 2015 - 08:52 PM

PlatinumDude

Veteran Trainer

• PlatinumDude

The point was to scale the deck back because it was WAY too OP. I am glad to see it get that treatment, it ruined the theme deck portion of the game. No more basic blue tournaments.

You're right about that.

As for the Fire deck, I like its new addition in Entei, since it can set up your other Pokémon to attack and punish Bench swarming.

06 November 2015 - 10:42 PM

phalanx1337

Veteran Trainer

• phalanx1337

no now its just XY green dominating