Official Client Version 2.29 Feedback Thread

• Please log in to reply

14 July 2015 - 08:40 PM

TPCi_Samhayne

TPCi Staff

• TPCi_Samhayne

After playing the new client version 2.29, please use this thread to post your feedback.

Click here to read the version 2.29 Patch Notes. 

Alex Leary
Pokémon TCG Online
The Pokémon Company International

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

14 July 2015 - 08:48 PM

Will002721

Rookie Trainer

• Will002721
i love the new home screen now i can see all the pictures of the ros and im waiting for ao to come out im saving up money to get'em all!

Edited by Will002721, 14 July 2015 - 08:50 PM.

14 July 2015 - 09:22 PM

Felipee

Rookie Trainer

• Felipee

I really like the new layout and the new features :D . Only thing I missed was a way to find friends by name in the private trade tab.

14 July 2015 - 09:28 PM

sterlingW

Expert Trainer

• sterlingW

After playing the new client version 2.29, please use this thread to post your feedback.

Click here to read the version 2.29 Patch Notes. 

The versus ladder need reward losers to regardless how fair they play.

You will run into people with fast decks...and you lose.

The reward should favor both sides not just winners.

It will allow losers to win,

The suggestion would allow players that lost from hard effort game gain 1 to 3 VS Points (at 50% Chance)

Edited by sterlingW, 14 July 2015 - 09:35 PM.

Pokemon Trading Card Online Early Closed Beta Tester

Pokemon Trading Card  Favorite Game Style : Unlimited Format

From Pokemon TCGO (Flash Player) Beta Test to Pokemon TCGO (Unity 3D) Beta Test

14 July 2015 - 09:45 PM

Pokeblammo

Expert Trainer

• Pokeblammo

[Content edited by Mod_Turtle: This is a reminder that we encourage all players to leave constructive criticism when posting to the forums. Responses created with the sole intention to be negative and bring out negativity in others are not allowed on the forums.]

Edited by Mod_Turtle, 15 July 2015 - 08:13 AM.

14 July 2015 - 10:01 PM

PandaDJ18

Rookie Trainer

• PandaDJ18

I tried to install the update and accidentally closed it while it was downloading. Now whenever I try to open Pokemon Tcg Online, I just get a black screen. PLZ Help  :(

14 July 2015 - 10:02 PM

toadstopher

Novice Trainer

• toadstopher

If no search bar in new trades was intended, i will completely stop playing.

Trading is such a huge part of this game, to cripple the trading system as horribly as you have is really upsetting.

Other than the search bar trade thing, I think the changes are not that bad

14 July 2015 - 10:43 PM

Aniketdianafury

Elite Trainer

• Aniketdianafury
What's wrong with foil cards :( .

Visit http://forums.pokemontcg.com/index.php?showtopic=31378 for latest Pokemon news . (Last Updated - 06/08/2015 at 10 AM PDT )

Visit http://forums.pokemontcg.com/index.php?showtopic=29797 if you need any help regarding daily challenges .

14 July 2015 - 10:45 PM

AeroCreed

Novice Trainer

• AeroCreed

I liked the new layout and rewards , but take the search of private trade was something very bad, especially for those who have many friends .

In addition, by completing the tutorial, I was taken to a screen where I should open a pack , but it did not show up and now I can't open it, because it does not appear in my collection , I have two of the same pack for trade and 1 blocked, yet I still can see them if I make an offer or in the public trades list.

14 July 2015 - 11:19 PM

tarif15

Elite Trainer

• tarif15

sorry mods and devs .... but this update is really bad :/ specially no search bars in private trade , chat to the right :/ the locking stuff bug is still there . decks energy symbols dont show when versusing :/ my avatars hair went missing . the foil cards look like the worst cards in the game when they should be the most beautiful ones :/

a really bad update :(

Edited by tarif15, 14 July 2015 - 11:19 PM.

15 July 2015 - 12:39 AM

maykwon

Veteran Trainer

• maykwon

Thank you for prioritizing the missing search bar. And thank you for putting tokens, tickets and gems next to each other - now I can see everything together. I also like the introduction of the new verse-ladder-mode, and the prizes are a nice bonus too.
However, as a whole, not a big fan of the new update. :C These are my reasons why:

Can we at least have the choice of which side we'd prefer the chat to be?

I have no idea why putting the chat to the right was necessary. It causes confusion.

There was nothing wrong with leaving it to the left? D:

Players are experiencing more lagging and freezing overall.

Me, my husband and several of my friends are experiencing more freezing after update.
This is happening randomly while browsing trades, chatting via TCGO, the middle of matches and tournaments.

When you browse trades for Avatar items; they no longer show the circle, diamond, star and red star icons at the bottom.

I remember avatar items having rarity categorized when they were put in trades.

Don't know about anyone else, but personally those icons really helped because you'd notice the categories you're giving and receiving.

Animation for reverse holo cards are.. odd.. WHY?
Is it just me, or do reverse holo cards shine at a much "slower" or "laggier" pace after the update. Was there a reason to change the way these cards animate? Can they be changed back to the way it was before?

Hovering mouse over Daily Challenge no longer shows progress numbers.

We used to be able to hover our mouse (or our finger for iPad users) to see the numerical progress for daily challenges. It would show us, for example, 3/10 or 1/5 or 7/10 etc. Why was this simple but useful feature removed?

Avatars are downright glitchy - did the team change any layering aspects?

Edit: After saving my avatar about 6-7 times in hopes to restore the hair; I realized it's still glitching and not showing up in the match-up animation when you're about to go into a game (either with NPC or random opponent). Yikes.

I can't see what type of deck the NPCs are using.

Was this intentional? This happens in the animation when you're about to go into a match with an NPC. It also seems like we are no longer able to see what types the NPCs are using now in Trainer Challenge mode either. Why?

Was there supposed to be a Deckbox for the Yellow theme-deck?

The one we'd receive after beating all the challenges in tutorial mode - was there supposed to be a specific deckbox for it? Every starter deck given to us has a specific deckbox for the specific theme. [[Thank you for this fix!]]

I don't mean to put a damper on things, I know you all worked very hard to improve TCGO.
For that, I just want to say thanks. But please also hear your fellow users out and make the necessary changes for an even more positive gameplay experience, dev team!

Edited by maykwon, 15 July 2015 - 06:06 PM.

15 July 2015 - 12:40 AM

freexjc

Rookie Trainer

• freexjc
Anybody else unable to download/install the update on iPad? I am running 8.4 on an iPad 3 so I'm not sure what's wrong.

15 July 2015 - 12:50 AM

TPCi_Samhayne

TPCi Staff

• TPCi_Samhayne

Anybody else unable to download/install the update on iPad? I am running 8.4 on an iPad 3 so I'm not sure what's wrong.

It does take a while for updates to propagate throughout the App Store.  It may be that the local Apple server you are connecting to hasn't received the notification of the new app version.  

Oftentimes you can get this to go through if you specifically search for the app in the App Store.  Rather than relying on the update list, search for Pokemon TCG Online and then look to see if the update notification is there.

Propigation is generally complete by 12, and in some rare cases 24 hours.  But that's all on the Apple side of things.  If you still don't see the update by tomorrow, please let us know.  Thanks!

I hope that helps!

Alex Leary
Pokémon TCG Online
The Pokémon Company International

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

15 July 2015 - 01:20 AM

toughguy86

Junior Trainer

• toughguy86

Thanks for the update, but its not ALL  good

I really like the VS ladder

However I absolutely HATE...

-the chat bar on the right side (you cant have chat open and click "create trade" at the same time

-the loss of the search bar in private trade.

-there is now a tag item icon on cards that are locked (its just annoying). Its un-clickable and is a pain when sorting through cards to make sure everything is tagged

It has completely killed trading for me (and im sure for many) and hope it gets "fixed" as soon as possible.

Other than that I think the program looks very nice, just PLEASE fix the chat and search options.

Also, any word on fixing the binder bugs?

Edited by toughguy86, 15 July 2015 - 01:23 AM.

15 July 2015 - 01:45 AM

kitess

Novice Trainer

• kitess

Versus ladder rewards are cool, i can untag cards i don't own anymore great patch the only things i dont like is the trade tag toggle button on locked items and the chat moving to the right side.

15 July 2015 - 04:21 PM

PKMNResearcher

Novice Trainer

• PKMNResearcher

Very nice update.  This is quite an evolution of the game.  There are a few things that will take gettign used to, such as the location of the chat, but those issues are minor. 

I do have 4 questions/comments regarding future updates:

Trainer Level:  At the moment once you reach level 30 there are no more rewards to be had or progress to be made.  I am wondering if this is something planned for a coming update?  Even if Level 4 is simply a new pack when the next set launches or more coins/avatar rewards it would be nice for those who are at, or encroaching on, the level.

Vesus Points: I love the Versus points and the ladder system.  I wonder though if the losing player could be granted 5 Versus points in cases where their match reaches some combination of benchmarks.  These benchmarks could include combinations of losing a match with only 1 prize card left to take, losing when you have less than 5 cards remaining in your deck, total match time exceeding 20 minutes, etc.  If a combination of these were implemented, such as a player meeting 2 of X number of conditions for 5 Versus points I think it would mean alot to players who just barely lost a hard fought match.  It would also recognize those players and encourage them.

Avatar Appearance: I have had the persistent issue of being unable to edit my avatar.  Any support on this front in a future update would be nice.

Player Rating/Ranking: While a player rating/ranking system exists for matchmaking it is hidden from players.  A ranking system was hinted at in an older version of the TCG Online but subsequently removed prior to implementation.  Having such a system would be interesting so that players can understand how much of a percieved advantage the opposing player has.

15 July 2015 - 05:08 PM

Cwarfare718

Veteran Trainer

• Cwarfare718
Issues I've had since update:

1. Screen freezes and won't allow me to click anything. This occured while chatting, among other times.
2. Did not allow me to use Exeggute abilty from discard pile, which cost me a tournament match.
3. I clicked on trade tab which lit but did nothing. Afterwards I was unable to access deck manager and collection as well.

Edited by Cwarfare718, 15 July 2015 - 05:08 PM.

15 July 2015 - 06:25 PM

CrazyMrsB

Rookie Trainer

• CrazyMrsB

I like the new update but i also agree with the tagging on locked cards it does make it hard to tag the cards you want to trade. Also is there suppose to be a reason it says you do not have enough of those cards? like if you get enough will you be able to trade them? very confusing

15 July 2015 - 08:29 PM

Ren-Suzugamori

Rookie Trainer

• Ren-Suzugamori

Every time there's an update I hope for the ability to redeem bulk quantities of codes at once. I often acquire large numbers of codes and it takes far too long to type them in one by one. Especially since in the curent game you have to stop every 10 to process them, and if you are working off a list it's easy to lose your place.

PLEASE consider adding a function like this in the future.

Other than that, I'm happy with this update :)

15 July 2015 - 08:29 PM

Xabalanque

Veteran Trainer

• Xabalanque

It appears I posted my feedback on this update in the previous thread by mistake.

I really like the vs seeker ladder system and the overall sleekness since the update. However, trading between 2 people has become far more complicated as a result of the update. It used to be when you wanted to create a private trade you could type in players name (whether it was in the friend category or public category) in order to look up their collection and offer them trades.

This feature was removed for some reason (the ability to search by a player's name). A lot of people have large friend lists and if you are trying to find someone in public chat to trade with, you have to wade through hundreds of player names just to try and find a specific person to trade with - making trading an incredible hassle.

What used to take 10 seconds (to find someone to trade with) - now takes easily 5 minutes + to find the specific person you are looking for.

I recommend that this feature is readded - since it made private trading possible. As it stands, anyone with a huge friend list can basically no longer/barely trade with friends anymore