Black Screens? Pink Boxes? Please update your Video Drivers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

23 April 2015 - 05:38 PM

TPCi_Samhayne

TPCi Staff

• TPCi_Samhayne
If you haven't played in a while and you are seeing a black screen, pink boxes or other graphical anomolies when trying to play, that may be indication that your video drivers are out of date. Our most recent client version of the game requires more recent video drivers to function. More info about updating your video drivers can be found on the Pokemon Support Website.

After you update your video drivers, some players have reported that they needed to uninstall and reinstall the game client for it to work with the new drivers.

Also, some players have reported that entering fullscreen mode via Alt + Enter (for PC) or Command + Enter (for Mac) have resolved this issue as well.

If you need more assistance please visit pokemon.com/support.
Alex Leary
Pokémon TCG Online
The Pokémon Company International

Need help from the support team? Visit the [url="http://www.pokemon.com/support"]support portal[/url] and submit a ticket!

10 May 2015 - 07:28 PM

joe_hadis

Rookie Trainer

• joe_hadis

thx

11 May 2015 - 08:06 PM

Vudujasman

Rookie Trainer

• Vudujasman
Thank you so much

11 June 2015 - 03:06 PM

Danskeren

Junior Trainer

• Danskeren

I tried to update my video driver, but my computer says it already has the best option viable.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

There's no such thing as a BDIF. There's a metagame and a way to beat it.

14 July 2015 - 07:36 PM

ShadeGraywolf

Rookie Trainer

• ShadeGraywolf

I tried to update my video driver, but my computer says it already has the best option viable.

good point, i got a friend running into the same issue.

16 July 2015 - 09:53 PM

TPCi_Samhayne

TPCi Staff

• TPCi_Samhayne

It really depends on your PC configuration.  If the hardware in question is older and doesn't have compatible driver support, it may simply be that the hardware will no longer work.  That is a possibility.

Alternatively, it may depend on how you are looking to find updated drivers.  If you are relying on Windows to find them for you, they may not have the version you want listed.  You may be better of searching directly on the web for them.

If we can help further, please click the link in my signature to visit the Pokemon Support Website.  Thanks!

Alex Leary
Pokémon TCG Online
The Pokémon Company International

Need help from the support team? Visit the [url="http://www.pokemon.com/support"]support portal[/url] and submit a ticket!

04 September 2015 - 10:54 PM

CoolGamer4161

Rookie Trainer

• CoolGamer4161
Not quite a black screen, but it says "Cannot connect to the server" and then gives me an Exit button as the only option... i can't get it to full screen, but i have all the hardware requirements, i think... any help? I'm trying to get into the tcg online. and this is really annoying.

25 November 2015 - 10:58 PM

Jammer87

Senior Trainer

• Jammer87

Not a black screen, but I did run into numerous crashes, and asset download errors on some card images. I even ran into a situation where the card text appeared in large print, spread out in a similar fashion to the old Glitch City from the pokemon R/B video games. I looked online about my driver, G35 chipset from intel, found out it was not interactively supported and outdated since almost 32 months ago, when the manufacturer made the announcement to end interactive support for my video driver...

Just sharing my struggles regarding my video driver recently with you all, and while I'm posting, why not get some help here? It might not be as instant as a ticket, but since I tried everything suggested by the ticket, well, maybe except for clean boot, and yet, given all those crashes weren't solved by uninstalling and reinstalling, adding you to the allowed list on windows firewall and/or Defender, etc., is sending a ticket and/or clean boot necessary? Or is posting in here sufficient enough? It sounds like my video driver needs replacement with a more modern driver, but I don't know if my video driver is causing some card images to error out. Can the video driver cause asset download errors?

Edited by Jammer87, 25 November 2015 - 11:02 PM.

http://support.pokemon.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=15227&redirect=true

^ Something I noticed after the latest patch install...

05 December 2015 - 04:02 AM

Kriskamm27

Rookie Trainer

• Kriskamm27

Just Updated to windows 10. 

Game would not even launch..

Uninstalled and Reinstalled, Now the launch window will appear but is all black.

There is nothing left to update. Is there a link to the section of this website that will verify that my version of the game is up to date?

05 April 2016 - 02:50 PM

EpicBluemage

Rookie Trainer

• EpicBluemage

Having the Black Screen problem and updated all drivers ( all were up-to-date) 

Please fix this soon!

05 April 2016 - 08:06 PM

JjLrR

Rookie Trainer

• JjLrR

Having the Black Screen problem and updated all drivers ( all were up-to-date) 

Please fix this soon!

same here if anyone knows how to fix it please send me a pm  :(

07 April 2016 - 03:36 AM

EpicBluemage

Rookie Trainer

• EpicBluemage

still same problems even after the maintenence. I don't even get to the log in screen. Window just pops up, then black screen for 5 seconds then closes. I redownloaded the game to after the maintenence.

09 April 2016 - 11:06 AM

fr33land

Expert Trainer

• fr33land

Same.

I give up.

16 April 2016 - 03:42 AM

littlepunks

Rookie Trainer

• littlepunks

Good grief. Seems same many people are having the same problem. Black screen flashes up then nothing. There is no time to do full screen. What exactly has been updated in the software in the last few weeks that has knackered everyone.

Can someone from Pokemon support please explain?

Thanks

20 April 2016 - 11:35 AM

JackBlash

Rookie Trainer

• JackBlash

Guys,my game loading to 90% and it dissappear :( what is that problem and how can I fix it ? 

23 April 2016 - 01:44 AM

Icexyzz

Rookie Trainer

• Icexyzz

i was just playing, when i try opening it again then black screen and crash. 

24 April 2016 - 05:38 AM

NickCheezo

Rookie Trainer

• NickCheezo
I have mac. played game fine. have spent at least 50 hours downloading and ***************** searching and deleting and restarting and upgrading and updating all possible updates nothing will work. I'm so sad i want to add the 100 dollars worth of cards i just bought into the game. I was so excited now I am just crushed. please find a solution to this problem. I was half way through tutorial matches and boom crash. never worked since. Never have got to add a single card. I'm so sad. Please help

25 April 2016 - 10:07 PM

superpokes213

Rookie Trainer

• superpokes213

The game shows a black screen and then closes. How do I fix this problem???

26 April 2016 - 11:29 PM

Mod_Snow

• Mod_Snow

Hey there!

As this topic is now a year old, we suggest trying the solution in the OP, and if that does not work for you, please create a new topic so that the mod team can decipher new issues from old ones more easily. This topic will now be closed.

Thanks!

Moderator Snow
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
“Mods are always just a hoppip, skiploom, and a jumpluff away!”

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!