[GENERAL] Other - Getting Constantly Disconnected from PTCGO

• Please log in to reply

29 March 2015 - 10:19 PM

CyTails

Novice Trainer

• CyTails

Hey There

Ever since the new update for PTCGO, I've been getting disconnected from it CONSTANTLY (it mainly happens for when I try to trade or make decks and when it trys to load any card images) It's driving me nuts and I've tried it with both my Home's WiFi AND my Phone's Tethering, this is driving me nuts and it basically makes PTCGO unplayable for me :(

Zoroark, Xerneas and Shaymin fan
Pokemon TCG Trainer and Brony

30 March 2015 - 12:22 AM

Mod_Elderberry

• Mod_Elderberry

I am sorry to hear that you are getting disconnected so frequently. Have you tried playing with a clean installation, by uninstalling and re-installing the game? In some instances, simply reinstalling the game helps, and I think that is the best place to start.

Moderator Elderberry
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

30 March 2015 - 03:52 AM

Aniketdianafury

Elite Trainer

• Aniketdianafury

I am sorry to hear that you are getting disconnected so frequently. Have you tried playing with a clean installation, by uninstalling and re-installing the game? In some instances, simply reinstalling the game helps, and I think that is the best place to start.

I think its connection problems , as i have noticed poor internet connection often leads to disconnection from game . Its the issue i faced yesterday so dont be angry anyone . It can be some other problem as well .

Visit http://forums.pokemontcg.com/index.php?showtopic=31378 for latest Pokemon news . (Last Updated - 06/08/2015 at 10 AM PDT )

Visit http://forums.pokemontcg.com/index.php?showtopic=29797 if you need any help regarding daily challenges .

30 March 2015 - 01:49 PM

whitejaguar

Trainer

• whitejaguar

i also have that problem, i can't make/edit deck because i gets disconnected,before the update it never happened.

03 April 2015 - 01:13 PM

DarthDadaD20

Rookie Trainer

• DarthDadaD20

I've installed/uninstalled the game multiple times, have a good connection and Im still having this problem.

It's never been an issue until the newest update for Double Crisis (Not sure the version number).

It's frustrating as the game is also slow during play, and I know its not a issue on my end as most of my opponents in chat say the same thing.

03 April 2015 - 06:47 PM

Mod_Jube

• Mod_Jube
Are you receiving an error message when you get disconnected?

Moderator Jube

03 April 2015 - 07:05 PM

Forba

Novice Trainer

• Forba

I've experienced disconnections too, and one of them ocurred today just when I was joining a tournament. I lost the 3 tickets and didn't succeeded in joining the tournament when I connected back. Pretty bad, if this tickets were bought with real money I would be very upset.  

I'm sure this is not an issue with my connection, since I have many computers connected to the same network and none of them experiences any problem. Also this started with the last update, never happened before to me. 

04 April 2015 - 01:03 AM

The_Iron_bat

Elite Trainer

• The_Iron_bat
When I play on my PC, I'm fine. Strong internet, it works fine.

I can't say the same for my IPad though. Same location, equal Wi-Fi, but Disconnections occur every 5 minutes.
Zaft Academy: Reborn
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/32901-zaft-academy-reborn/?p=394123

*I specialize in All fields. Feel free to comment in thread, or meet me in game to discuss help in these areas.

06 April 2015 - 08:38 PM

azukola

Novice Trainer

• azukola

The same thing has happened to me and all since the last stupid update.

Before the update I never had a problem with the game once (except the occasional red card which resolved itself after I deleted the temporary files).

I keep getting disconnected during close fun battles too so that's nice.

It's really making me hate the game.

The error I get is "The network connection with the server has been lost"

Edited by azukola, 06 April 2015 - 08:49 PM.

07 April 2015 - 01:58 AM

Alakai92

Trainer

• Alakai92
I get kicked every single game now. I'm going to have to stop playing until it's fixed. If it ever does.

Edited by Alakai92, 07 April 2015 - 01:59 AM.

16 April 2015 - 01:58 PM

Talkingcat

Junior Trainer

• Talkingcat
Yes, since the last month or so random disconnection has become so common. Maybe 1 in every 5 or 6 games.

Very frustrating.

27 June 2018 - 08:55 PM

RL1768

Rookie Trainer

• RL1768
I have the same issue, ever half hour or so I get disconnected. I can't play tournaments this way.

Can't you make a fix for short time disconnections?

07 July 2018 - 02:59 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello RL1768,

I'm sorry to hear that! Typically, disconnection issues occur when your connection becomes slow or intermittent. I recommend ensuring that you are connecting using a strong, stable connection. If you are using a tablet to play, please be sure to connect using Wifi. 

You may also find that you need to set up Port Forwarding so that your device can connect to the server properly. Information on that can be found here.

It may also be helpful to restart your device.

I hope this helps!

Moderator Jynthu