why so long updates?

• Please log in to reply

04 February 2015 - 08:10 PM

pokeyfolk

Expert Trainer

• pokeyfolk
i would like to know why it takes 5 hours for the new update of primal clash im wondering why does the update take so long?

Edited by pokeyfolk, 04 February 2015 - 08:21 PM.

I LOVE TRADING!

04 February 2015 - 08:45 PM

TPCi_Mathis

TPCi Staff

• TPCi_Mathis
Deploying the update itself is a fairly quick process. Once that's done our internal QA team runs through a fairly lengthy checklist to ensure that all of the key game features are working as expected. If any major issues are discovered during this process the Dev team has to review and fix the issue before the game can be opened up to the public. Depending on the nature of the issue, resolving these issues can from a few minutes to several hours.

Mike Liesik
Pokémon TCG Online Associate Producer
The Pokémon Company International

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

04 February 2015 - 08:51 PM

SharKing319

Expert Trainer

• SharKing319
^ That's interesting to hear, as it doesn't seem like the red blank cards or the blank avatars were part of that checklist. The former in particular is a very serious problem that I feel should have been checked before launching the update.

Edited by SharKing319, 04 February 2015 - 08:52 PM.

04 February 2015 - 08:54 PM

pokeyfolk

Expert Trainer

• pokeyfolk
3 hours ago i tryed go on to ptcgo and it would not work it was saying no open server available so i loged back in a half hour ago then it started doing the update

Edited by pokeyfolk, 04 February 2015 - 08:54 PM.

I LOVE TRADING!

04 February 2015 - 11:20 PM

TPCi_Mathis

TPCi Staff

• TPCi_Mathis

^ That's interesting to hear, as it doesn't seem like the red blank cards or the blank avatars were part of that checklist. The former in particular is a very serious problem that I feel should have been checked before launching the update.

Sometimes the root cause an issue is outside of our control and/or ability to test. Especially if it's the result of a specific combination of hardware or software on the player's system. For example, a specific combination of firewall settings and router configuration might prevent the game's asset bundles from downloading fully, resulting in missing assets appearing in the game. While the QA team uses a wide range of system configurations in their tests, there's no way for them to test every last combination.

At this point I can't say for sure what the cause if these specific issues are but I can confirm that the Dev team has been made aware of them and that they are actively investigating.

Mike Liesik
Pokémon TCG Online Associate Producer
The Pokémon Company International

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

07 June 2018 - 03:30 PM

SnazzyAzzyDreem

Rookie Trainer

• SnazzyAzzyDreem

Yesterday when I tried logging on it said there was an update and its been on 50% since YESTERDAY. After several sessions of leaving it open for hours when I got home I decided to leave it update over night and its still at 50%. How much is going in this update and how much is there to go over?

08 June 2018 - 12:27 PM

Mod_Gunning

Trainer

• Mod_Gunning
Hi SnazzyAzzyDreem,

I'd suggest that you send a ticket to the support team so they can investigate this error further.
To submit a ticket, click the link in my signature, sign in, and then click "Ask a Question". 

Thank you for your patience.

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!