favourite anime series

• Please log in to reply

20 September 2017 - 01:46 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

This topic is about the anime, not the video game nor Alola in general (which you're the only one mentioning ITT), meaning that if something happens in the anime, that takes precedence over whatever is stated in other media.

If the anime had Professor Kukui literally state that Hala isn't showing Ash any mercy, then that's the established fact in topics focusing on the anime (unless later contradicted by a future episode). Likewise, you can't say "Well it's more accurate that he won two stamps" when stamps don't exist in the anime. It's not applicable.

You didn't even read the post, did you.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

20 September 2017 - 06:06 AM

zlude_in

Junior Trainer

• zlude_in

You didn't even read the post, did you.

How about you try reading through the topic again. The second half of my post was based on the Sun and Moon anime. You're the one who interjected the discussion thereafter with non-anime information beginning post #33, and then continuing with every other post after.

If you watched Episode 10, you'd realize that your "Pokearth" argument is null because it's contradicted by the anime. That's why it can be ignored in a topic focusing solely on the anime. In talking about the Pokemon series in general, sure, go ahead and use every media available; but when we're on the subject of the anime, you should stick with anime facts, not bringing up contradictory information that doesn't align with the anime. 

Well, maybe it's more accurate to say he collected two kahuna's stamps.  It is, of course, their job to go easy.

But keep in mind that the video games make it clear after you face Hala, he wasn't going all-out, which is- to my knowledge- the only time TPCi has actually came out and admitted to the phenomenon. Sooo... The answer is... Maybe? :mellow: ------------ I think it's too soon to draw conclusions, really.

Context. In this topic, you're just plain wrong. It's clear that you didn't watch the anime. It's actually embarassing to see that you're trying to argue against points taken from the anime with non-anime information, in a topic discussing the anime. No, we're not talking about Alola in general. We're talking about Anime Alola.

What you're not getting is that you're basically going off-topic. If a topic was "Lets discuss the ending of the XYZ anime" and the discussion was around Ash-Greninja and the Megalith, you'd be the one trying to form your argument around AZ's Ultimate Weapon from the video game, which doesn't exist in the anime.

21 September 2017 - 02:16 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

snip

Bro, cool it.  I can taste the salt all the way from my computer on Iron Island.  :P  Though granted, there's always salt in the air this close to the sea.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

21 September 2017 - 06:46 AM

zlude_in

Junior Trainer

• zlude_in

Bro, cool it.  I can taste the salt all the way from my computer on Iron Island.  :P  Though granted, there's always salt in the air this close to the sea.

Glad you admit you failed to take context into account when you posted non-anime information in a topic discussing the anime. Next time, try reading the topic title to see whether the source info you're going to use is appropriate or not.

22 September 2017 - 07:41 PM

ahoodedman

Elite Trainer

• ahoodedman

I do not really like the anime but if I had to pick a favorite it be the kalos series.

There was a lot less filler and they actually tried to make it good, they changed some things up, developed their characters and the animation is phenomenal (for an anime). Its also the only series where I actually enjoyed some of its episodes. The kalso leauge semifinals was surprisingly really good it was such an emotional battle with lots of creativity, for the first time ever I could not wait to see what happened next where has before the anime would just be something for me to put on the bus ride while I was bored. If the kalso series did not have an 7+ rating and it was able to not have the restrictions that the anime normally has then it would be been a fairly good show.

I can't think of a signature  :(

04 October 2017 - 01:26 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

While each series has its merits, I have to go with Indigo League being my favorite. It was the first introduction I had to Pokémon, so it's very nostalgic for me. :)

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

09 November 2017 - 02:34 PM

Fagasmon

Rookie Trainer

• Fagasmon

Original Series and Diamond & Pearl

21 December 2017 - 08:57 AM

Mod_Vengr

• Mod_Vengr

I vote for Indigo League as well!

Moderator Vengr

"I see now that one's birth is irrelevant, it is what you do, that determines who you are" - Mewtwo

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

06 January 2018 - 10:39 AM

Mod_Diamond

Novice Trainer

• Mod_Diamond

I'm going to have to go with Indigo League here.  I had some friends who just raved about it so I gave it a shot and got hooked. 

11 January 2018 - 07:28 AM

Mod_Gunning

Junior Trainer

• Mod_Gunning

Pokemon Theme performed by Jason Paige in this series still plays in my head a lot of times. Gotta catch em all!!!

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

13 March 2018 - 10:38 PM

Princess_Aurora

Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

My favourite series were definitively the Unova ones. Not only I got to see a Snivy completely wreck Ash's team, but it was also my favourite expansion by far.

I hate to ask this, but... Does anyone else think that Ash is a complete newbie, or is it just me? During the animes, I've seen him make quite a humongous amount of bad typing... But at the same time, they don't have Bulbapedia, so they probably aren't aware that type efficiency is a thing. Who knows.

Friendship is magic!

14 March 2018 - 05:01 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

It's a well-documented fact that Ash suffers serious concussions every time he rides on a plane to a new region. :P

16 March 2018 - 05:34 PM

Princess_Aurora

Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

Eh, makes sense. Have you ever heard of the Comatose Theory concerning Ash? It's an interesting theory, it certainly explains a lot of crazy stuff in the animes. Like why his mother just let him roam around and fight corporations on his own.

Friendship is magic!

16 March 2018 - 10:02 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Eh, makes sense. Have you ever heard of the Comatose Theory concerning Ash? It's an interesting theory, it certainly explains a lot of crazy stuff in the animes. Like why his mother just let him roam around and fight corporations on his own.

Yeah, but it doesn't make sense to me.  It's true that people can pick up on things they've heard while they are in comas, but it doesn't seem likely that people would talk about every single thing that was in the show in front of him- and even less likely that his dreams would be so accurate to reality.  My take on making sense of it all is this:

It's and Americanized anime.  Based on a video game.  About throwing baseballs at wild animals so that they will be your friends.  It's not going to be realistic! :P

16 March 2018 - 10:36 PM

Princess_Aurora

Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

SuperStone, on 16 Mar 2018 - 6:02 PM, said:

Yeah, but it doesn't make sense to me. It's true that people can pick up on things they've heard while they are in comas, but it doesn't seem likely that people would talk about every single thing that was in the show in front of him- and even less likely that his dreams would be so accurate to reality. My take on making sense of it all is this:

It's and Americanized anime. Based on a video game. About throwing baseballs at wild animals so that they will be your friends. It's not going to be realistic! :P

I know, right? If I were a Pokémon, say, a Gardevoir, and that a pesky human came to throw balls at me (why would they do that? It's mean), I'll just blackhole him into another country.

One of the greatest question that I ask myself, is why humans are in charge while that pokemons literally have the power to blow the whole planet up.

Edited by Princess_Aurora, 16 March 2018 - 10:38 PM.

Friendship is magic!

07 April 2018 - 07:16 PM

_Pusteblume_

Rookie Trainer

• _Pusteblume_

My favourites have to be seasons 17 & 18 (XY). Serena, Clemont & Bonnie are such adorable characters and the colourful environment is so pleasant. The 6th generation Pokémon (espacially the fairy type ones) are also the best imo and everything in Kalos is so beautiful! So, to me it's a clear statement.  :D  :wub:

10 April 2018 - 10:02 AM

Mod_Rowan

• Mod_Rowan

Indigo League was the very first and the very best for sure!

Moderator Rowan

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!