favourite anime series

• Please log in to reply

22 July 2016 - 12:10 PM

SeanZStorm

Novice Trainer

• SeanZStorm
Kalos would have to be my favorite. The original series was good, but the animation feels a little old (although it is perfectly understandable, seeing as it was made 15 years ago or so). Advanced generation and Sinnoh were ok, but I haven't really followed the series so can't make an opinion on them. Black and White made no sense (Ash's Pikachu tied with a Latios just a few episodes ago, then it gets pounded by a lv 5 Snivy!?!) but the opening song is my second fav among all of them, except the XY Opening Theme.

That said, XY has the best graphics, as well as more unique character developments and the gang doesn't feel like a copy of the original Ash-Misty-Brock trio (cough, Iris and Cilan, cough). Also, many of my favorite Pokémon were introduced/featured in it, including Lucario, Aegislash, and of course, Greninja. I also liked the references to a different anime with ninjas in it (not gonna mention it by name coz of the forum policy :) ) and Ash's "fusion" with Greninja.

09 January 2017 - 12:39 AM

JakeSnowFlake

Rookie Trainer

• JakeSnowFlake
Die hard Pokémon fan right here! New Seasons just aren't the same.

:cool:

Pokémon Indigo League Season 1 Episodes 1-5

Download Link - - -> [url="********************"]********************[/url]

09 January 2017 - 12:48 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Just realized I never posted here. :P It's a stereotypical answer, but: Indigo League.  Season 1 forever.  I feel like all the relationships and everything in the show was set up just to be one season, and when they realized it would go on forever, they didn't think to fix it.  So everything after season one is missing something, and everything after Hoenn is trash (except for a few hidden gems).  This is, of course, just my opinion.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

10 January 2017 - 08:36 AM

Igmivrial

Trainer

• Igmivrial
Sord art online and Naruto

11 January 2017 - 01:40 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Sord art online and Naruto

(Pssst- this is just for the pokemon anime.)

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

12 January 2017 - 03:37 AM

Igmivrial

Trainer

• Igmivrial

(Pssst- this is just for the pokemon anime.)

there are no pokemon in sord art online or naruto

03 September 2017 - 10:53 AM

Iceberserker

Rookie Trainer

• Iceberserker

My favourite series is the one with Paul as Ash's rival.

The story of chimchar was really good.

Paul was the exact opposite of Ash.

09 September 2017 - 09:38 PM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Hate to be a stereotype also, but I love the first season. 

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

10 September 2017 - 12:40 AM

MaSkullzOnFire

Elite Trainer

• MaSkullzOnFire

Whilst I do love the Indigo League, the Johto Journeys is my favourite. Mainly because we got to see our favourite characters return and, as the theme song says, "It's a whole new place with a brand new attitude."

YouTube Channel: N7 117

10 September 2017 - 01:21 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Whilst I do love the Indigo League, the Johto Journeys is my favourite. Mainly because we got to see our favourite characters return and, as the theme song says, "It's a whole new place with a brand new attitude."

That theme song is in my top three.  I'm not sure if I like it more than the original, but maybe- it's good.  But number one for me is "This Dream."

16 September 2017 - 01:38 AM

KaiLaSo

Senior Trainer

• KaiLaSo

Basically , I have already given up on Pokemon anime :( seeing as how Ash never wins any Pokemon League.

I was told by people that Ash has grown a lot in XY series and have a high chance of winning the Pokemon league. Thus , I went back to watch the anime. However , I am disappointed with how they write the story. First they give Ash a Mega-like Greninja (no one has it in that region) and then this Pokemon is able to push Diantha's Ace Pokemon over the edge. She even has to go Mega in order to go head-on with Ash Greninja. 

End up Ash still loses to someone even though he has the type advantage. Then the story moves on to Sun and moon whereby Ash changes from a mature to a immature trainer.... He looks like he knows nothing much about Pokemon despite travelling in many region and competing in many Pokemon league (This is just my opinion , no offense to anyone)

16 September 2017 - 06:03 AM

zlude_in

Junior Trainer

• zlude_in

End up Ash still loses to someone even though he has the type advantage. Then the story moves on to Sun and moon whereby Ash changes from a mature to a immature trainer.... He looks like he knows nothing much about Pokemon despite travelling in many region and competing in many Pokemon league (This is just my opinion , no offense to anyone)

That 'someone' fought against 10 mega pokemon in a row without rest, including Malva of the Kalos' Elite Four. Recieved praise from Siebold, another Elite Four member whose Mega had the type advantage. And fought against Steven, Champion of the Hoenn region.

And Sun and Moon hasn't reset Ash like it did for Best Wishes/Unova, nor has he shown that he's 'immature' (apart from using Rotom to cheat on a speech, but he completed the class assignment on his own afterwards anyways). He can recognize the differences between Alola and Kanto forms of Pokemon (Rattata, Diglett, Geodude, Vulpix, etc.). His Pikachu was able to interest Tapu ***o on his, what, 2nd or 3rd day in Alola, recieving a Z-Ring and Crystal for it and learning how to do a Z-move (whereas you would have to prove yourself to an Island Kahuna otherwise).

Even after the original crystal that he got from Koko broke, he took it in stride and made it his goal to master Z-moves and complete the Grand Trials (of which he mastered 3 crystals, and won against two Kahunas).

17 September 2017 - 01:49 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

That 'someone' fought against 10 mega pokemon in a row without rest, including Malva of the Kalos' Elite Four. Recieved praise from Siebold, another Elite Four member whose Mega had the type advantage. And fought against Steven, Champion of the Hoenn region.

And Sun and Moon hasn't reset Ash like it did for Best Wishes/Unova, nor has he shown that he's 'immature' (apart from using Rotom to cheat on a speech, but he completed the class assignment on his own afterwards anyways). He can recognize the differences between Alola and Kanto forms of Pokemon (Rattata, Diglett, Geodude, Vulpix, etc.). His Pikachu was able to interest Tapu ***o on his, what, 2nd or 3rd day in Alola, recieving a Z-Ring and Crystal for it and learning how to do a Z-move (whereas you would have to prove yourself to an Island Kahuna otherwise).

Even after the original crystal that he got from Koko broke, he took it in stride and made it his goal to master Z-moves and complete the Grand Trials (of which he mastered 3 crystals, and won against two Kahunas).

Well, maybe it's more accurate to say he collected two kahuna's stamps.  It is, of course, their job to go easy.

17 September 2017 - 09:48 AM

zlude_in

Junior Trainer

• zlude_in

Well, maybe it's more accurate to say he collected two kahuna's stamps.  It is, of course, their job to go easy.

Uh, how is that more accurate when Kahuna Stamps don't exist in the anime?

And it sure didn't look like they were going easy, considering they used Z-moves and were going for knockouts.

17 September 2017 - 08:19 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Uh, how is that more accurate when Kahuna Stamps don't exist in the anime?

And it sure didn't look like they were going easy, considering they used Z-moves and were going for knockouts.

It's also their job to not look like they're going easy.  Like gym leaders, their job is more along the lines of determining a trainer's potential and right to continue that their outright power.  If Indigo only gave badges to trainers who could actually beat eight gyms, it would be a much smaller tournament.

17 September 2017 - 11:17 PM

zlude_in

Junior Trainer

• zlude_in

It's also their job to not look like they're going easy.  Like gym leaders, their job is more along the lines of determining a trainer's potential and right to continue that their outright power.  If Indigo only gave badges to trainers who could actually beat eight gyms, it would be a much smaller tournament.

1. Professor Kukui commented to himself, and made it clear, that Hala wasn't going easy on Ash during the battle.

2. The role of "determining a trainer's potential and right to continue" in Alola is covered by Regular Trials where battles aren't the main focus. Passing a Grand Trial, however, require that a trainer be stronger than the Kahuna, who represents the Island and the Island Guardian. To "go easy" is an insult to the position.

3. Tapu Koko personally came to watch the match. It wouldn't have done so if Hala was only going to go easy on Ash. Likewise, Olivia acknowledged that Ash was recognized by Tapu Lele, and thus, for his Grand Trial, was to do a Double Battle to prove that he deserved that recognition.  

18 September 2017 - 02:00 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

You make a good point. I think it's definitely a possibility that things are done differently in Alola- after all, Z-users are few and far between. But keep in mind that the video games make it clear after you face Hala, he wasn't going all-out, which is- to my knowledge- the only time TPCi has actually came out and admitted to the phenomenon. Sooo... The answer is... Maybe? :mellow: ------------ I think it's too soon to draw conclusions, really.

Of course, it's never been a Gym Leader's job to outright go easy as it is to determine just how hard they need to go- for some trainers, not very; for some, all-out. So it's possible that somewhere on the plane ride (or maybe in school  :P) Ash actually became a good trainer, and Hala really does have to slam hard- though I'm not sure I buy that.

Edited by SuperStone, 18 September 2017 - 02:00 AM.

18 September 2017 - 04:04 AM

zlude_in

Junior Trainer

• zlude_in

Answer this: Are you watching the anime?

Because things are done differently in the anime than in the video games moreso than trying to explain that Alola is different. You shouldn't base anime discussion points using the video game, seeing as they're different enough to make VG talking points invalid.

Seeing as:

1. Hala having different Pokemon in the anime than from the game (same with Olivia, + her GT was a Double Battle)

2. Hala giving the Electrium-Z instead of the Fightium-Z to Ash because of Tapu Koko

3. Lillie (Not living at Kukui's place, having a Alola Vulpix instead of a Cosmog)

4. The Trial Captains (Mallow, Lana, Kiawe, Sopho) not being Captains and instead attend Pokemon School

5. Due to #4, the Island Trials thus far have been given by the Kahunas

6. No Hau

Among many others.

I mean if you're going by video game logic, multiple times anime info conflicted with the video game, with a few past examples being most notable includes:

Water Sprinklers allowing Ash to use Thunder Shock on Onix (The closest thing in the video game is Rain Dance, see if that allows you to use electric moves on Ground Pokemon)

Thundershock to the Horn

Mega-Waves allowing multiple Mega Evolution by a single person

Team Flare/Lysander in the anime vs VG

Team Rocket not being disbanded by this point in the anime, unlike the game

Etc.

When talking about the anime, you should use facts from the anime. If you want to use video game points, it's only applicable to stuff like Origins or Generations (which follow the game plot more closely than the regular anime).

Otherwise it's like using the real-life rules to explain what was going on during Duelist Kingdom/S1 of a certain card game not to be mentioned here. It doesn't work.

19 September 2017 - 01:01 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

snip

I don't watch every episode, no.  But what we're currently discussing isn't anime-exclusive.  We're talking about the Alola region in general, and that means taking into account all aspects of the Pokearth.  The show and the games are not irreconcilable; they simple follow different storylines and fudge on different aspects.  I think it's fair to say that TPCi can afford to be a lot more realistic and less rigid on TV, since they don't have to worry about spammers or scammers there- and that's bound to create some incongruities.  But we're talking theoretics.  And that means knowing where to cut the line.

Bascially: in the end, it's all the Pokearth.  You can call certain areas more "accurate" if you want, but there's no good reason to dismiss one of them.

19 September 2017 - 06:25 AM

zlude_in

Junior Trainer

• zlude_in

I don't watch every episode, no. But what we're currently discussing isn't anime-exclusive. We're talking about the Alola region in general, and that means taking into account all aspects of the Pokearth. The show and the games are not irreconcilable; they simple follow different storylines and fudge on different aspects. I think it's fair to say that TPCi can afford to be a lot more realistic and less rigid on TV, since they don't have to worry about spammers or scammers there- and that's bound to create some incongruities. But we're talking theoretics. And that means knowing where to cut the line.

Bascially: in the end, it's all the Pokearth. You can call certain areas more "accurate" if you want, but there's no good reason to dismiss one of them.

This topic is about the anime, not the video game nor Alola in general (which you're the only one mentioning ITT), meaning that if something happens in the anime, that takes precedence over whatever is stated in other media.

If the anime had Professor Kukui literally state that Hala isn't showing Ash any mercy, then that's the established fact in topics focusing on the anime (unless later contradicted by a future episode). Likewise, you can't say "Well it's more accurate that he won two stamps" when stamps don't exist in the anime. It's not applicable.

Edited by zlude_in, 19 September 2017 - 06:25 AM.