- - - - -

Ditto Breeding in OR/AS Question.

• Please log in to reply

29 January 2015 - 07:20 PM

MaSkullzOnFire

Elite Trainer

• MaSkullzOnFire
Does this method of breeding no longer work?

I have a Ditto in the Battle Resort Day Care and when I put an Eevee in there they didn't get along when I spoke to the little kid.

"Not a problem," I thought. "This happened in X&Y and an Egg was still made."

However, after cycling around the island a dozen times there was no progress and the Pokémon still hated each other. So I took the Eevee out and put an Oshawatt in. Talked to the kid, Pokémon hated each other, I went round the island a dozen times but the result was still the same.

I haven't tested it with the other Day Care in Hoenn at the minute but I just wanted to know if anyone else was yielding the same results as I.

Edited by MaSkullzOnFire, 29 January 2015 - 07:20 PM.

YouTube Channel: N7 117

29 January 2015 - 09:00 PM

TheRyanNeighbor

Trainer

• TheRyanNeighbor
ORAS and X and Y are running on the same engine and everything, and I can say from experience ditto breeding still works. You just got some terrible luck. :( No matter how much a pokemon pair likes or dislikes each other, after every certain number of steps together in the daycare there's a chance for an egg, higher chance if they like each other lower chance if they don't. I guess you just kept getting unlucky and having no egg.

EDIT: To clarify, as long as ditto is involved, no matter what it will yield an egg. Otherwise an egg will only be possible if pokemon of the same egg group are bred.

Edited by TheRyanNeighbor, 29 January 2015 - 09:03 PM.

31 January 2015 - 10:20 AM

zeemar

Senior Trainer

• zeemar
on average, if both pokemon are yours you should get an egg every 1280 steps

Edited by zeemar, 31 January 2015 - 10:20 AM.

TCG Player for 5 years

Just here to help out wherever I can

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/28171-ex-counters/?hl=counters