- - - - -

SoulSilver

• Please log in to reply

04 December 2014 - 07:59 PM

PoisonRoses

Junior Trainer

• PoisonRoses

I just got the SoulSilver game and I want to try to get the Pokémon I can't catch on the game two of them is Caterpie and Spinarak. Any help would be helpful

05 December 2014 - 05:52 PM

DigestingDragon

Novice Trainer

• DigestingDragon

Unfortunately, Wifi service for any pre-3DS games was cut off a while ago. You can still trade wirelessly, but that means you would need to meet someone face to face. You might look and see if any tournaments are happining in your area; there is a chance that someone could bring their older games with them for similar reasons who can get you what you need.

28 January 2015 - 10:52 PM

Dan_Nukem

Rookie Trainer

• Dan_Nukem
or get 2nd ds and pokemon goldheart and do it yoursulf

Edited by Dan_Nukem, 28 January 2015 - 10:52 PM.

30 January 2015 - 05:52 AM

zeemar

Senior Trainer

• zeemar

I just got the SoulSilver game and I want to try to get the Pokémon I can't catch on the game two of them is Caterpie and Spinarak. Any help would be helpful

one question, why do you want these 2 pokemon? HGSS haven't been used for competitive battling in years and most of the fun from the games comes from capturing the pokemon and beating the game with those pokemon.

or get 2nd ds and pokemon goldheart and do it yourself

it's heartgold not goldheart

Edited by zeemar, 30 January 2015 - 05:52 AM.

TCG Player for 5 years

Just here to help out wherever I can

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/28171-ex-counters/?hl=counters

30 January 2015 - 07:41 AM

MaSkullzOnFire

Elite Trainer

• MaSkullzOnFire

zeemar, on 30 Jan 2015 - 05:52 AM, said: one question, why do you want these 2 pokemon? HGSS haven't been used for competitive battling in years and most of the fun from the games comes from capturing the pokemon and beating the game with those pokemon.

I'm no expert in knowing what people think but one would assume her reason for wanting these Pokémon is so that she can complete her PokéDex. Not everyone who plays a core Pokémon RPG game is into competitive battling. And Spinarak is HeartGold exclusive only, that is why PoisonRoses is looking for someone to trade with.

PoisonRoses, on 04 Dec 2014 - 7:59 PM, said:PoisonRoses, on 04 Dec 2014 - 7:59 PM, said: I just got the SoulSilver game and I want to try to get the Pokémon I can't catch on the game two of them is Caterpie and Spinarak. Any help would be helpful
Whilst you cannot catch Spinarak in the wild, PoisonRoses, you can in fact catch Caterpie in SoulSilver. You can find the wormy fellow in the Bug Catching Contest.

Edited by MaSkullzOnFire, 30 January 2015 - 07:44 AM.

YouTube Channel: N7 117

02 February 2015 - 07:44 AM

Dan_Nukem

Rookie Trainer

• Dan_Nukem

one question, why do you want these 2 pokemon? HGSS haven't been used for competitive battling in years and most of the fun from the games comes from capturing the pokemon and beating the game with those pokemon.

it's heartgold not goldheart

my bad :)

Edited by Dan_Nukem, 02 February 2015 - 07:44 AM.

04 February 2015 - 05:28 AM

Stratadrake

Expert Trainer

• Stratadrake
Yeah, without the DS wifi there is only one way to get those Pokemon into your Soulsilver game and that is by local transfer from another Pokemon game. Here's some hope, though: If you have a copy of Firered/Leafgreen and a regular DS / DS Lite (not a DSi or 3DS) , you can catch wild Caterpie in Kanto and wild Spinarak in the Sevii Islands. Then just transfer them forward to Soulsilver using the Pal Park in Fuschia City.

Edited by Stratadrake, 04 February 2015 - 05:36 AM.