Online Trading Zone: Guide

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

06 July 2013 - 03:10 AM

gravybeast

Expert Trainer

• gravybeast
This is definitely the most in depth trading guide on the forums. The sticky status is well deserved. I'm sure you will continue to keep this up to date this as often as needed to reflect every aspect of trading and future updates that will change how players navigate the trade section. This guide is perfect for new players to trading and should be utilized not only to create trades, accept trades and deal with other traders but to efficiently minimize time, efforts and resources put into doing so. I'm glad you have been recognized for sticky status and I know you will fulfill the duties that go into keeping it that way.

Good Job Alex!

06 July 2013 - 09:18 AM

wayne1997

Veteran Trainer

• wayne1997
Sorry Alex. Do you mean IRL or online for Raw codes for cards?

06 July 2013 - 10:43 AM

AlexManectric

Elite Trainer

• AlexManectric

Sorry Alex. Do you mean IRL or online for Raw codes for cards?

I mean online :)

Trading raw codes for virtual cards is a common scamming mechanism, and is therefore banned.

06 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

wayne1997

Veteran Trainer

• wayne1997
Ah ok.Thanks

08 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

AlexManectric

Elite Trainer

• AlexManectric

Ah ok.Thanks

Never a problem :)

If anyone else has questions/suggestions for improving this thread, feel free to drop them below!

15 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

Fr3dle

Novice Trainer

• Fr3dle
Hey, lots of useful info in the OP.

Quick question, I've noticed the mechanics of trading have changed. Prior to an update I was able to make any public trade offer. Good for me, good for the recipient. Any thing.

Since the update I can only create public trades of 1 for 1 card. Always the same "value" rating dictated in the top corner of the card viewer. No more, no less. This is really annoying, I have a few spare rares that I would offer for un-commons that I really really need. However I can't make these offers any more.

Any idea what's going on? I still see people attaching multiple cards against a single card trade, is this just a bug I've encountered?

15 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

AlexManectric

Elite Trainer

• AlexManectric

Hey, lots of useful info in the OP.

Quick question, I've noticed the mechanics of trading have changed. Prior to an update I was able to make any public trade offer. Good for me, good for the recipient. Any thing.

Since the update I can only create public trades of 1 for 1 card. Always the same "value" rating dictated in the top corner of the card viewer. No more, no less. This is really annoying, I have a few spare rares that I would offer for un-commons that I really really need. However I can't make these offers any more.

Any idea what's going on? I still see people attaching multiple cards against a single card trade, is this just a bug I've encountered?

There is a box at the top of the Trading Window, next to 'I'm Trading:' that says 'Use Like-For-Like' trading. You need to untick that box :) There is currently a bug that prevents people accepting trades with more than 6 cards on either side - but other than that you're good to go :)

15 July 2013 - 10:30 PM

Fr3dle

Novice Trainer

• Fr3dle
*blushes*
Thanks for the help.

16 July 2013 - 07:38 AM

AlexManectric

Elite Trainer

• AlexManectric

*blushes*
Thanks for the help.

Happy to :)

23 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

51DF3Y

Novice Trainer

• 51DF3Y
thank this is awesome!!!!!! LOVE IT

27 July 2013 - 01:50 AM

Teshle

Novice Trainer

• Teshle
Groudon EX FA, Latios EX FA, Colress FA for trade!
LF- Max Potion Shiny, Ultra ball shiny, N FA, Juniper FA, Deoxys ex reg. call of legends shinies

27 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

AlexManectric

Elite Trainer

• AlexManectric

Groudon EX FA, Latios EX FA, Colress FA for trade!
LF- Max Potion Shiny, Ultra ball shiny, N FA, Juniper FA, Deoxys ex reg. call of legends shinies

This is not a place to ask for trades. Please create your own thread to do this.

07 August 2013 - 04:29 AM

Dec6900

Rookie Trainer

• Dec6900
please can you update the system where we can trade cards that arent just bought in rel life and redeem because they arent the easiest things to come round, or at least give us a payment method where we can buy them on the actually game and use them for trade?

08 August 2013 - 12:51 PM

AlexManectric

Elite Trainer

• AlexManectric

please can you update the system where we can trade cards that arent just bought in rel life and redeem because they arent the easiest things to come round, or at least give us a payment method where we can buy them on the actually game and use them for trade?

You're not posting that in the correct place - I did say in the Guide that Feedback needs to go in the Feedback & Suggestions section of the Forums, not here :)

20 August 2013 - 07:03 PM

Speedhoven

Novice Trainer

• Speedhoven
Does anyone know if you can trade flip coins? I got a Deoxys double silver coin but havent been able to locate it in game.

20 August 2013 - 08:56 PM

AlexManectric

Elite Trainer

• AlexManectric

Does anyone know if you can trade flip coins? I got a Deoxys double silver coin but havent been able to locate it in game.

It is possible to trade those coins as long as they didn't come from free (ie. Token-Purchased) Theme Decks :) The easiest way to tag them for trade is via 'Create New Public Trade'

Some coins have broken artwork currently.

09 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

gallade9990

Rookie Trainer

• gallade9990
This guide is very good and helpful.

11 September 2013 - 08:43 PM

HoneyBunny12

Rookie Trainer

• HoneyBunny12
Okay, thanks for the guides. They are very helpful to me. Thank you. ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

11 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

HoneyBunny12

Rookie Trainer

• HoneyBunny12
I'm new on this website, so could you help me I'm lost on this. If so, thanks. :D

11 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

AlexManectric

Elite Trainer

• AlexManectric

I'm new on this website, so could you help me I'm lost on this. If so, thanks. :D

Not a problem :) Go to the 'General Discussion' section of the Forums and read the 'Unofficial Guide & FAQ' to get started!