Online Trading Zone: Guide

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

23 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

AlexManectric

Elite Trainer

• AlexManectric

Welcome to the Online Trading Zone!

The Online Trading Zone is constantly buzzing with people looking to trade! I’m going to briefly explain what goes on here so you can make sure you're in the right place. It should also help you avoid getting in trouble for doing something you might not be allowed to :)

[/HR]
Am I in the right part of the Forum?

If you're here to organise a trade, search for a specific card or discuss the value of a card you're definitely in the right place! Please do not post trade requests in this thread - this is simply a guide! More details of what goes on here is below :)

If you wish to comment on the state of the trading system, suggest improvements or report any bugs or issues you're having with trading, you need to post in the 'Feedback and Bugs' section of the forums, where Moderators will see and deal with it much more quickly.

[/HR]
Price Guides

The Online Discussion Zone features a variety of Price Guides. Typically this involves one or more people collaborating to estimate the value of cards available within the game in terms of packs. I'm not going to endorse any here - but just mention that many different ones do exist. New players are strongly advised to have a read of these before trading to avoid being ripped off in game. These are Guides, and not definite values, but should give you a rough indication of what your cards are worth.

Anyone is welcome to create their own price thread, but be aware that this is a big responsibility. Prices vary, and if you're unable to update your prices regularly it could be misleading to other players. Of course, prices are entirely subjective - but attempts to scam or cheat other players out of their cards is strictly prohibited and if you are found doing so, you will be reported to the Moderators.

It is important to remember that if you wish to raise an objection to any information posted here - it should be done respectfully and with peaceful intentions. Verbally attacking other players will be heavily sanctioned by moderators.

[/HR]
Trade Threads

This part of the forums is where lots of people organise trades! The types of threads vary from one-off trades to Long-Term Traders who regularly use a single thread to organise a lot of trades. Any players are welcome to start their own threads - posting offers and requests either on these threads or by starting your own, but as before, trying to scam players is strictly prohibited. Moderators will block your account if you are found doing so.

Feel free to click through the threads to get an idea of what goes on - I won't be endorse any threads, but if you're after a card you're certainly going to be able to acquire it through here if you post about it! If you repeatedly come back here posting for trades - it might actually be easier to go back to your old thread and post a message there. It helps to minimise the number of new threads popping up, keeping the Forum concise and easy to navigate :)

[/HR]
Should I be doing this?

The following things are not permitted:

1) Offering Players Booster Codes in exchange for their cards. This is a common scamming mechanism - please be wary of it. Do not give away your cards for codes.

2) Giving away free codes via the Forums is not permitted. A surprising number of people weren't aware of this.

3) Selling accounts/codes/cards for money.

4) Creating multiple threads per day for trades. It's helpful for all if you try to minimise the number of threads you create so that other people's threads don't get pushed off the front page too quickly. If you've finished with one trade - try to use the same thread for the next trade, and give the thread a generic name such as "AlexManectric's Trade Needs," rather than making a new thread ever time.

[/HR]
Rules Worth Remembering

These should help you avoid a potentially difficult situation - and to help clarify the rules.

1) Posting external links - such as Trade Threads being run on 'other social media sites' is prohibited.

2) If things ever get out of hand and you see comments you're not comfortable with - there is a report button in the bottom right hand corner of every message you can use to get the moderator's attention to a thread/message.

3) Spamming and trolling (giving misleading information) is strictly forbidden. This includes creating duplicate threads.

4) TCGO is for fun - and arrogance and aggression, whilst it may be amusing to some, can offend others. Be respectful of other people's feelings when posting about a battle or giving an opinion. This game is for all ages.

[/HR]

If you have any questions, please post a message below and I will respond as quickly as possible. It's also useful to see that people are reading this thread - so post here if this thread has helped :)

You might also find more information at the main TCGO Unofficial Guide:[url] http://www.pokemontcg.com/forums/showthread.php?37527-Unofficial-Guide-amp-FAQ [/url]

Best Wishes!

TCGO Queen,

AlexManectric

Edited by AlexManectric, 09 October 2013 - 04:08 PM.

23 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

ImMrFlubaDub

Expert Trainer

• ImMrFlubaDub
Another well laid out guide Alex much like your pvp discussion one! This should help avoid threads made by people claiming scams - if they read here first they should know how to prevent them :) This should again be a great help to newer players in particular

23 May 2013 - 11:57 AM

AlexManectric

Elite Trainer

• AlexManectric
Hey!

This is my second guide :) Feedback is definitely welcome - and if you think this should be a sticky thread, please post below as well! (or disagree - that's fine too!) :)

Alex x

23 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

matthew69

Elite Trainer

• matthew69
Short, simple, useful guide for those who are new to the game.

PTCGO Achievements: Trading Card League CEO, Top Cut CEO, 1st 2013 Fall Championship, 1st 2014 Type Tournament, 1st 2015 'Ultimate Player'
IRL Achievements: 2013 1st Aldershot City, 2013 1st Shoreham City, 2013 1st Horsham BR, 2014 4x 1st League Challenge, 2015 1st Southern Regional, 2015 2nd East-Midland Regional Won invite to 2015 World Championships

23 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

pkmnkingnik

Expert Trainer

• pkmnkingnik
This is awsome
1st Place in Da_Granny's Tournament - (forums, PvP Discussion)
1st Place in Da_Granny's 2nd Tournament

23 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

supernova51D

Elite Trainer

• supernova51D
Sticky! sticky! for this one too:) this should be considered to be read first for all unsure/new players:)

23 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

Rewdboy05

Senior Trainer

• Rewdboy05
Pretty good idea. So many questions get asked on this forum that could easily have answers on a thread like this. Kudos.

25 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

AlexManectric

Elite Trainer

• AlexManectric
Can a moderator please look over the above - I think it would be great if this was given sticky status. It fell off the front page so quickly!

28 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

Calvin-Cool

Elite Trainer

• Calvin-Cool
This thread should be sticky.Great info.
[SIZE=4]THE BOSS DRAGON TAMER
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ CALVIN COOL
RAYQUAZA OWNER[/SIZE]

11 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

AlexManectric

Elite Trainer

• AlexManectric
I've made a few changes to this Guide - I'm sure Moderators will be looking over it soon, so I thought I'd tweak a few things and make it that little bit clearer.

11 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

FreeSpirit87

Elite Trainer

• FreeSpirit87
Im surprised this has not been stickied yet

Twitch & YouTube Pokémon Streamer

"A real warrior doesn't dash off in pursuit of the next victory, nor throw a fit when experiencing a loss. A real warrior ponders the next battle." - Elite Four Grimsley
Top Cut Inc. Head of Public Affairs and Senior Member 
Accepting ALL packs, check our topic for ratio's

11 June 2013 - 07:59 PM

rileyy

Junior Trainer

• rileyy
alex, you're the best! :D

11 June 2013 - 10:20 PM

Battler077

Expert Trainer

• Battler077
need to stick this thread? here.
Jellicent(Stage 1)100 HP
Ability-Stickiness: The Retreat Cost of each of your opponent´s Pokémon is 1 energy more.

12 June 2013 - 12:55 AM

AAA-Pikachu-AAA

Rookie Trainer

• AAA-Pikachu-AAA

need to stick this thread? here.
Jellicent(Stage 1)100 HP
Ability-Stickiness: The Retreat Cost of each of your opponent´s Pokémon is 1 energy more.

Really funny. Although Sticky Status should go to Beth's thread. It is more informative.

12 June 2013 - 07:20 AM

AlexManectric

Elite Trainer

• AlexManectric

Really funny. Although Sticky Status should go to Beth's thread. It is more informative.

Bethany's Thread has already achieved Sticky Status - and is regarding the main game as apposed to the Forums. It can be found in the Help & Support section and I think you'd benefit from reading it :)

Edited by AlexManectric, 04 July 2013 - 02:51 PM.

13 June 2013 - 09:42 AM

makeamidget

Rookie Trainer

• makeamidget
Just noticed this, great thread. I would say that based on recent occurrences you should draw more attention to these two:

2) If things ever get out of hand and you see comments you're not comfortable with - there is a report button in the bottom right hand corner of every message you can use to get the moderator's attention to a thread/message.

is important to remember that if you wish to raise an objection to any information posted here - it should be done respectfully and with peaceful intentions. Verbally attacking other players will be heavily sanctioned by moderators.

As well as possibly add something about requesting threads deleted when they have run their course.

04 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

AlexManectric

Elite Trainer

• AlexManectric
Thank you Moderators!

If anyone has any questions, just drop them below! :)

04 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

wayne1997

Veteran Trainer

• wayne1997
Alex. There are some of those who do enjoy trading packs for cards, hence why I made a buylist. When I made it, everyone was looking for packs, and I was the only one who had lots to trade. There are still people out there wanting to trade their useless cards for packs. Many people trade packs for cards, so it is very hard to be preventable. If somehow it is against the law, or rules, then I will take my buylist down, but you have to give me scientifically proven evidence. In essence, having a buylist is necessary for those who want to acquire packs for their cards that they don't need.

04 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

AlexManectric

Elite Trainer

• AlexManectric

Alex. There are some of those who do enjoy trading packs for cards, hence why I made a buylist. When I made it, everyone was looking for packs, and I was the only one who had lots to trade. There are still people out there wanting to trade their useless cards for packs. Many people trade packs for cards, so it is very hard to be preventable. If somehow it is against the law, or rules, then I will take my buylist down, but you have to give me scientifically proven evidence. In essence, having a buylist is necessary for those who want to acquire packs for their cards that they don't need.

I think you've mis-understood. I will make that clearer on Page 1 now :)

It is perfectly fine for you to trade packs for cards, or cards for packs etc. The issue I am addressing is people who trade the CODES (raw codes) for cards - as this is a prime scamming mechanism. People give away their cards and often don't receive the correct number of legitimate codes in return. Trading packs is perfectly fine though :)

Edited by AlexManectric, 04 July 2013 - 02:53 PM.

04 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

AlexManectric

Elite Trainer

• AlexManectric
I have made a few minor changes to help make things clearer - content is still pretty much the same, but I'm hoping the use of Bold Font and Red Colours might help a bit :)