Welcome to the Online Trading Zone!
The Online Trading Zone is constantly buzzing with people looking to trade! I’m going to briefly explain what goes on here so you can make sure you're in the right place. It should also help you avoid getting in trouble for doing something you might not be allowed to
Am I in the right part of the Forum?
If you're here to organise a trade, search for a specific card or discuss the value of a card you're definitely in the right place! Please do not post trade requests in this thread - this is simply a guide! More details of what goes on here is below
If you wish to comment on the state of the trading system, suggest improvements or report any bugs or issues you're having with trading, you need to post in the 'Feedback and Bugs' section of the forums, where Moderators will see and deal with it much more quickly.
The Online Discussion Zone features a variety of Price Guides. Typically this involves one or more people collaborating to estimate the value of cards available within the game in terms of packs. I'm not going to endorse any here - but just mention that many different ones do exist. New players are strongly advised to have a read of these before trading to avoid being ripped off in game. These are Guides, and not definite values, but should give you a rough indication of what your cards are worth.
Anyone is welcome to create their own price thread, but be aware that this is a big responsibility. Prices vary, and if you're unable to update your prices regularly it could be misleading to other players. Of course, prices are entirely subjective - but attempts to scam or cheat other players out of their cards is strictly prohibited and if you are found doing so, you will be reported to the Moderators.
It is important to remember that if you wish to raise an objection to any information posted here - it should be done respectfully and with peaceful intentions. Verbally attacking other players will be heavily sanctioned by moderators.
This part of the forums is where lots of people organise trades! The types of threads vary from one-off trades to Long-Term Traders who regularly use a single thread to organise a lot of trades. Any players are welcome to start their own threads - posting offers and requests either on these threads or by starting your own, but as before, trying to scam players is strictly prohibited. Moderators will block your account if you are found doing so.
Feel free to click through the threads to get an idea of what goes on - I won't be endorse any threads, but if you're after a card you're certainly going to be able to acquire it through here if you post about it! If you repeatedly come back here posting for trades - it might actually be easier to go back to your old thread and post a message there. It helps to minimise the number of new threads popping up, keeping the Forum concise and easy to navigate
Should I be doing this?
The following things are not permitted:
1) Offering Players Booster Codes in exchange for their cards. This is a common scamming mechanism - please be wary of it. Do not give away your cards for codes.
2) Giving away free codes via the Forums is not permitted. A surprising number of people weren't aware of this.
3) Selling accounts/codes/cards for money.
4) Creating multiple threads per day for trades. It's helpful for all if you try to minimise the number of threads you create so that other people's threads don't get pushed off the front page too quickly. If you've finished with one trade - try to use the same thread for the next trade, and give the thread a generic name such as "AlexManectric's Trade Needs," rather than making a new thread ever time.
Rules Worth Remembering
These should help you avoid a potentially difficult situation - and to help clarify the rules.
1) Posting external links - such as Trade Threads being run on 'other social media sites' is prohibited.
2) If things ever get out of hand and you see comments you're not comfortable with - there is a report button in the bottom right hand corner of every message you can use to get the moderator's attention to a thread/message.
3) Spamming and trolling (giving misleading information) is strictly forbidden. This includes creating duplicate threads.
4) TCGO is for fun - and arrogance and aggression, whilst it may be amusing to some, can offend others. Be respectful of other people's feelings when posting about a battle or giving an opinion. This game is for all ages.
If you have any questions, please post a message below and I will respond as quickly as possible. It's also useful to see that people are reading this thread - so post here if this thread has helped
You might also find more information at the main TCGO Unofficial Guide:[url] http://www.pokemontcg.com/forums/showthread.php?37527-Unofficial-Guide-amp-FAQ [/url]
Edited by AlexManectric, 09 October 2013 - 04:08 PM.